HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-31-2010, 12:41 AM   #41
187engineman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SS/B is getting more interesting

Bridges backed it up with a 9.17. He went the 9.16 in the heat with a 3100+ DA. That little 396 is a bad to the bone!
187engineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:53 AM   #42
CaptCobrajet

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Carter View Post
Why not? They let 1964 427 Thunderbolts into stock...
How long before Chrysler petitions for 1965 AWB cars??

JC
Noone "let" the T-Bolts into Stock. Thunderbolts have been in the class guide from day one. Two things made it happen: First, the allowance of cars to move UP or DOWN from the natural class......and second, the creation of AA for Stock. The T-Bolt figures 7.63 in Stock. It was not "allowed" because it would not fit a class. When the rules changed and AA was created, it just so happened that it could now be raced in Stock. They made 100 of them. Nothing "paper" about that car, and NOTHING aftermarket in the induction either. Just 46 year-old Ford castings. Nobody even makes those parts that will work on a Stocker engine. It was not allowed or accepted recently. It has been in there since 1970, waiting patiently for the opportunity to compete in Stock, and now it can.
CaptCobrajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:18 AM   #43
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 187engineman View Post
Bridges backed it up with a 9.17. He went the 9.16 in the heat with a 3100+ DA. That little 396 is a bad to the bone!
What was the SS/C record before 08/27/10...9.18? That was Asdourin in his SS/AMX.
I'm a believer that Asdourin can take it back with a 9.0 something. But for now, good job Mr. Bridges!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #44
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Smile Re: SS/B is getting more interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCobrajet View Post
Thanks Terry. John and his guys put alot of effort into the car, and I spent alot of time trying to develop a competitive engine. We were adjusting to the heavier weight and chasing a few small things at Bowling Green. John went to Indy and I went home. We did a few things that should help but ran out of test runs, so we won't know until Wednesday. The car runs well, but no match for the blower Mustangs.Personally, I have nothing against the new cars, but they need their own place (class) to show their stuff. Eleven horsepower from now, they won't be in A/S with the 2010's, but why not just have a dedicated class for these cars with the blowers just like the AH guys. If that move was ever justified by NHRA, the CJ's should have their own play pen also. One for Stockers, and one for Super Stockers. Anyone who follows this stuff certainly knows what a work of art and genius that John Armstrong's Vette is............He made a beautiful 8.77 pass last Thursday, followed by an all-over-the-track 10-inch tire CJ set up for SS/BA that clicked off an 8.57. Ford or not, that just ain't right to class those cars with cars without a blower.
I thank you for the reply and I agree with thier having there own class OR raise the HP rating to where they should be 1000%. I had heard that you were doing the engine so I knew it would be fast. I love all of those old Fords (and ALL of the old iron) so I dont talk bad about the new blower Mustangs because Im brand paticular. Its really just NHRA's fault.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:46 AM   #45
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCobrajet View Post
Noone "let" the T-Bolts into Stock. Thunderbolts have been in the class guide from day one. Two things made it happen: First, the allowance of cars to move UP or DOWN from the natural class......and second, the creation of AA for Stock. The T-Bolt figures 7.63 in Stock. It was not "allowed" because it would not fit a class. When the rules changed and AA was created, it just so happened that it could now be raced in Stock. They made 100 of them. Nothing "paper" about that car, and NOTHING aftermarket in the induction either. Just 46 year-old Ford castings. Nobody even makes those parts that will work on a Stocker engine. It was not allowed or accepted recently. It has been in there since 1970, waiting patiently for the opportunity to compete in Stock, and now it can.
I was able to make it a legal stocker (along with the X ram Hemi cars and L88 corvetttes before the HP reductions came along and NHRA made AA/S a 7.5 lb class) in the IHRA rules when I set up AA/S at 7.00 lbs. A couple of guys were supposed to be building them as one guy in paticular call me often with questions but none ever made it to the track when I was working for IHRA.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote