HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
chris3racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Thank-you East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame

It is Sunday night and the 10th East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Reunion is now in the history books. To all of you who decided to take your time away from racing to attend this event, I hope you had a good time during your trip back into drag racing history. If you were a race fan who asked that I sign your tee-shirt or autograph poster , thank-you very much for asking me to have my name beside of names like Tom Hoover and all of the Ramchargers, Arlan Vanke, Bob Banning. If you were one of the racers who brought your race car to have it on display in the parking lot adjacent to the street lined by drag racing history, thank-you and I hope you enjoyed your day.

We raced on Friday night, and had some members from the Reunion, one racer was 80 years old, along with other racers at Roxboro Dragway. Had fun, the new motor ran good but stayed up too late to be in town on Saturday morning at 5:00 am.

Saturday we had thousands of classic cars and trucks lining the streets and parking lots in downtown Henderson. In the historic drag racing section we had funny cars, front engine dragsters, altereds, FX, gassers, stock and superstock cars. Hundreds of old racers, owners and drivers, were in town. The autograph table with all of the members of the Ramchargers team, the High and Mighty car on one side and the Mopar Missle on the other, had a crowd there all day long. Arlan Vanke with his Duster, was his first visit to the reunion.

Sunday the award presentation was exceptional from the two cars placed on each side of the stage this year, the Virginian raced by the late Pee Wee Wallace, and the AMX raced by the late Herman Lewis, both who passed away since last years reunion to the superb emcee Mr. Bret Kepner. This man is a walking drag race history data base.

If you got to the show or missed it I hope to see you there next year.

Last edited by chris3racing; 10-16-2011 at 11:31 PM.
chris3racing is offline   Reply With Quote