Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 10-23-2016, 10:38 AM   #61
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts
Default Re: Grade 4 lives matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4543 View Post
Kinda looks like any one who entered a Pro category this year is in the top twenty!
Mike gets it....a good laugh for today.....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #62
4406mopar

Liked 109 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
I don't have any influence at Glendora just logical thinking as a businessman not rocket science .lol
i was alluding to the illogical thinking from Glendora. Why do they treat the racers like this? Strange days have found us.
4406mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #63
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 796 Times in 211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4406mopar View Post
i was alluding to the illogical thinking from Glendora. Why do they treat the racers like this? Strange days have found us.
What is amazing is the huge amount of Top Fuel Dragster, Fuel Funny Car, Pro Stock Motorcycle, Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny car entered This alone increased the entry fees ??? I did not know there were that many cars in those classes around so right now there is around 550 cars entered at The Vegas national event i find this very interesting ,I wish there was more room for a few more Super Stockers
Old 10-23-2016, 04:55 PM   #64
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Get ready for next year. Rumor has it. 55 car fields in stock and SS. Better start going to more divisionals
If true that's phucking stupid (sorry Ken) that's the dumbest f'ning thing Nhra could do to date. Who comes up with this stupid s...
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #65
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

As an outsider, but a life long fan of Stock and SS, I would think a 64 field would make sense. 65 cars and there will be a lot of bye runs, less some bye runs.

I guess that John Force needs space for all his rigs. I think we counted eight rigs for his teams at Ennis.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #66
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

My guess, if they do in fact limit the field to 55, is to keep the race to 6 rounds. A 55 quota allows up to 9 past champions, gold card holders etc. to enter and keep the race to 6 rounds.

Personally, I'm not against the quotas if it helps get races completed in a timely manner! It's not ideal to run first round and then sit around all day wondering when/if second round is going to happen.

I was in Vegas last year. After first round, we sat all day waiting for second round and then eventually it got moved to the next day. Then, we wait all day Saturday to run third and fourth rounds at the end in a rush because everyone is ready to go home! If limited quotas help run the race in a timely, more efficient manner then it could be a win for the racer and track personnel who seem to work 12-16 hour days at most races!
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #67
Steve Stickel

Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cour View Post
If car counts are going to be lowered, maybe NHRA should qualify 32 car fields, but allow 55 entries. Bring back performance to a performance based category!
And, if you are the current 1/4 mile National record holder ( in the class you enter in ), be counted as an additional grade point !!!

Last edited by Steve Stickel; 10-24-2016 at 01:56 AM. Reason: details
Steve Stickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #68
MikeMoller

Liked 242 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
If car counts are going to be lowered, maybe NHRA should qualify 32 car fields, but allow 55 entries. Bring back performance to a performance based category!
That would sure limit national Event entries. If you can't run .8 under why even go? So only the fast (high dollar) cars would get to compete (or even enter), no room for the little guy/ low buck racer. Grade points would become irrelevant as many racers that are slower than .6 under would not want to enter a national event, and therefore would not even bother to get grade points.

Last edited by MikeMoller; 10-24-2016 at 11:06 AM.
MikeMoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:30 PM   #69
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoller View Post
That would sure limit national Event entries. If you can't run .8 under why even go? So only the fast (high dollar) cars would get to compete (or even enter), no room for the little guy/ low buck racer. Grade points would become irrelevant as many racers that are slower than .6 under would not want to enter a national event, and therefore would not even bother to get grade points.
I understand the other side of the fence. Hence my statement of "performance" category. Maybe more vendors would participate in contingency if more cars had to be faster to race for the "bigger" money with NHRA? Don't know until its tried. If categories are going to be limited to such low numbers, why not make it about performance again, and make it more fun?
Old 10-24-2016, 10:14 PM   #70
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
I understand the other side of the fence. Hence my statement of "performance" category. Maybe more vendors would participate in contingency if more cars had to be faster to race for the "bigger" money with NHRA? Don't know until its tried. If categories are going to be limited to such low numbers, why not make it about performance again, and make it more fun?
I agree. If I could not run .8 under, I wouldn't feel like I was fast enough to run a national event. "Back in the day" we ran off national records. Didn't see slower cars at national events. Most went bracket racing when that stuff came along. Now they have us all bracket racing off these ridiculous soft indexes. We ran off the records, no dialing. We could run one tenth under, eleven under you break out. Around here, there was almost zero break outs. Only if we traveled to one coast or the other. Being fast meant something then. The Good Old Days. :-)
I like Sean's idea.