HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-10-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
Spring Fling

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default TruSTART system to be used at the 2017 Division 6 ET Finals

TruSTART system to be used at the 2017 Division 6 Summit ET Finals

News coming out of the NHRA Division 6 meetings held this past weekend in Seattle, Washington is that track operators voted unanimously to utilize the new TruSTART worst red light system designed by Compulink’s Bob Brockmeyer along with racers Peter Biondo and Kyle Seipel.

Second generation track owner of Woodburn Dragstrip Jay Livingston along with his partners Cherie & Joey Severance will host the 2017 Division 6 Summit ET Finals. “We are extremely excited about hosting this event in 2017, my father Jim and I have thought for many decades now that this worst red light system should of been in place. Thanks to Peter and Kyle along with Bob Brockmeyer on making it happen” explained Livingston.

Over 600 racers from 18 members tracks will compete for cash awards and team honors at Woodburn Dragstrip Labor Day Weekend, September 1-3. Further details on the event can be found at www.NHRADiv6.com or www.WoodburnDragstrip.com.

-Kyle
www.BracketRaces.com
Spring Fling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART system to be used at the 2017 Division 6 ET Fin

I feel true start needs to be an all or nothing affair. I don’t think at the et finals is the place to throw it out to everyone. It says the track owners voted unanimously to use it. Will all 18 tracks be using it all year? Or just at the ET finals?
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts

If I am reading this right, all tracks in Division 6 will use Tru-Start for all events starting A.S.A.P. I knew a few tracks had signed up, but this is interesting.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #4
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: TruSTART system to be used at the 2017 Division 6 ET Fin

Steve Taylor would be proud.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #5
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts

[QUOTE=Carguy49;524094]If I am reading this right, all tracks in Division 6 will use Tru-Start for all events starting A.S.A.P. I knew a few tracks had signed up, but this is interesting. "For all events" meaning the et bracket races.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:18 AM   #6
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Ron: This is just logic speaking here: The Summit ET Finals are the culmination of a Series of point races. Since the Series is all handicapped start races, then TS would be used through out the series at all tracks. This doesn't mean all the weekend bracket races would use it, but I don't see why not.

Not sure about all the tracks in D6 though. There is one running at an airport since the mid 50s. Classic vintage drag strip stuff. A car club operation. $2000 - 3000 is a chunk of change unless you own a rock quarry the size of Auburn.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:07 AM   #7
Daran Summerton

Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Great! Now I can look for another U/SA combo!
Old 01-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #8
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts

The way the original post reads ALL operators voted unanimously to use Tru-Start. I don't know if all 19 track operators attended the meeting, but it sounds like they did. This would include Bremerton, the track run at an airport.

By all events I would assume that would mean bracket races, the 6 Divisional races and the Northwest Nationals. I know assume is a loaded word, but it should be all or nothing. Can Tru-Start be turned off for certain events, or is it on all the time?

Yes, it is true I don't have a dog in this hunt. I am involved in the sport and have many friends that have a vested interest in what happens in and to the sport.

Last edited by Carguy49; 01-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

I think the article would have been worded much differently if the track operators had voted unanimously to use TruSTART at all events at all tracks in 2017.

I'm pretty sure the article is stating that all tracks voted unanimously to use TruSTART at the 2017 D6 ET Finals event.

Whether each track uses TruSTART throughout the season is up to each track independently and would not require permission from the division or a vote.

I don't see why it wouldn't be unfair for the ET Finals to be run on TruSTART for racers that didn't use it all season. It shouldn't change your approach to racing and doesn't change the look of the race unless you went red first AND worst, in which case you are notified of your loss a little bit later in the run.

Tracks run their seasons with different rules from the ET Finals ALL THE TIME. I see it most with regard to ET breaks; lots of 8-second Pro ET cars either switch to Super Pro or slow their cars down above 9.00 for the ET Finals.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:40 AM   #10
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy49 View Post
The way the original post reads ALL operators voted unanimously to use Tru-Start. I don't if all 19 track operators attended the meeting, but it sounds like they did. This would include Bremerton, the track run at an airport.

By all events I would assume that would mean bracket races, the 6 Divisional races and the Northwest Nationals. I know assume is a loaded word, but it should be all or nothing. Can Tru-Start be turned off for certain events, or is it on all the time?

Yes, it is true I don't have a dog in this hunt. I am involved in the sport and have many friends that have a vested interest in what happens in and to the sport.
The complete timing system is just a computer program. Full tree, Pro tree, different delays between bulbs, TruStart. They are all selections on a computer screen.