HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #51
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

What a mess here on south shore long island. miles long gas lines, glad I don't need any yet. My area looks clean but many streets no electric still. have a few friends moving in tomorrow.
They would not leave their homes and lost their belongings and cars. There are so many totalled cars, is pathetic. people do not care. they let everything go. I did not hear of anyone moving stuff much before thestorm. Shame so many new and used cars ruined.
Oh, and the layoffs started today, Long Island is going to have a biggg pile of new unemplyment people filing, ask me how I know. Never mind don't. Car industry is in the tank. New car sales thru the roof, till they run out. Service dept, done for now. noone can drive anywhere. We were caught with our shorts down as a whole here. We learn from our mistakes. hopefully. good luck tomorrow all w the noreaster. should be a mess.
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #52
Frank Bialas

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie A View Post
50 Mississippi State Troopers and vehicles/support equipment to New Jersey.
Had the pleasure of meeting a few of these guys when I was trying to get to my marina to assess the damage to my boat, well the boat is a total loss, it's out about 1/4 mile from the jetty, I guess some of my problems are over !!! THANKS FOR THE HELP and patience/tolerance expressed.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #53
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

I'm Baaaaaaaaack.
After losing power on Sun. night I resorted to my 3,500 watt generator to power our fridge and provide some light in the house.Luckily I have an indoor propane heater that kept the living room a nice toasty 71 degrees.Did have to go out once for gas (a bit of a hassle).My son in law in Pa sent me 7 gals. by way of his brother and my neighbor loaned me a 20lb tank of propane.Got a refill and returned it to him today.Our power came back this past Sun. night around 8PM.Thankfully we had no property damage but others in the area weren 't so lucky.Tree and water damage.My brother has a house on a small island at the shore on the bayside (Chadwick Island).We'll be going there on Friday if possible to reclaim some things he wants to remove.
This was a devastating storm,especially on Staten Island.Contrary to what Terry said most of the people who sustained damage (and loss of life) weren't summer beach types with big bucks.The island beach area has been and is populated by every day working people and many retired people.
The Jersey shore will feel the effects (lost revenue for busnisses and the state) for years to come.
I'm thankful I came through this unscathed but my sympathies go out to those who lost homes,businesses and some their lives to this storm.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #54
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Good morning. Home for my first day of being unemployed. The Nor Easter is on its way. Windy morning here for south shore long island. stores are packed by my house already.
Hopefully this one does not do so much damage so I can get rehired back at my job, as they said. This could put it over the edge here tho for some. I send my prayers to all those who have lost something or someone thru this tragedy we are in, and will be back in a few hours if this storm hits. Counting my blessings, believe me.
Chris.
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote