HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #101
A/SA Fairlane

Liked 54 Times in 18 Posts
Default Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

According to his NHRA bio Larry won Sonoma 2009 and has won 10 PS races and 7 as a sportsman. Charlie I hope you are very successful with the PS Ford endeavor. I saw your work ethic 1st hand a few years back at the Dutch classic you went 162.xx bouncing off the limiter were back in the pits under the car in minutes changing the rear end to get in line to go faster. The rest of the ss/ah competitors were trying to stay warm in there haulers. Your determination to make everything you touch the best it can be should be quite obvious to anyone that watches you work on your stuff for five minutes
A/SA Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #102
pfm1162

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Larry Morgan quitting Pro Stock

Go get 'em Charlie!!!
pfm1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #103
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,082 Times in 769 Posts

CW,
I met you at Englishtown, and you not only took the time to speak with me at length, but you gave one of your Warfish shirts to my son, who still wears it many years later.
We have also exchanged several posts on Moparts.com.
I have no doubt that you will do well in Pro Stock and I now have interest in that class again.
Good luck,
Frank
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #104
Dana Fitzpatrick

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

If people wonder why Charlie is going with a Ford, think of how much he saved on the the heads and blocks. With Ford getting out of PS,he probably paid fire sale prices for this stuff. He can stretch a dollar as good as anyone. The price to get into a Dodge would be so much higher and it's the same engine. The Mustangs have to be a better deal,also. Plus, he gets to have the added satisfaction of doing what alot of people say is not gonna work, like a Chevy guy jumping into SS/AH. And we all know how that turned out. Good luck, Charlie.Looking forward to seeing you testing at Martin. Oh,and BTW, sell everything now,it won't work,LOL!
Dana Fitzpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #105
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie westcott View Post

Also people keep saying that the ford is not a good engine. They dont know what they are talking about. The heads are the same as the dodge, the block is the same except cam location is higher in the ford. The problem is (in my opinion) not the parts. The people that are running them now with little or no success, had the same results in the past with other brands. I am asking this as a question because I dont know, did Larry Morgan ever win with the Dodge? I thought I heard the last time he won a race was in 91 or something.
Anyways, its sunday morning, and I have to get back to work.
Thanks to all the people cheering for me. I wont let you down,
cw
I can't imagine why anyone would say the Ford isn't a good engine. I certainly wasn't implying that.
I think more innovation / exotica has come from Ford than most.
And frankly , I can't understand why the Fords aren't in the winners circle all the time....esp. in light of all the similarities between the Mopar and Ford. I keep hearing funding........so Wescott is better funded than any of his predecessors? I have a "hunch" its more than simply funding.......
A mystery to me anyway.............
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #106
jaythorne

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Did you not read charlies post?...it's not the funding it's the people...Will be cool to see a guy that does his own work compete...is anyone in pro stock currently as diversely talented as charlie?..not many do it all....seems most are assemblers and dyno operators...just sayin...
jaythorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #107
SSGT Mustang

Liked 203 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie westcott View Post
Anyways, its sunday morning, and I have to get back to work.
"Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.”

I love to see the "experts" chime in about why you can't do it, while you're the one with the Pro Stocker parked in the garage, your own CNC machine shop and a tireless work ethic.

Get it done, Charlie!
SSGT Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #108
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

I know Charlie Wescott has posted in the past "Erica Who" and I have a feeling he is going to meet Erica Enders (6.46 ET) in person real soon.I wish Mr Wescott all the best.

Last edited by davidhuff; 10-05-2014 at 05:43 PM.
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #109
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythorne View Post
Did you not read charlies post?...it's not the funding it's the people...Will be cool to see a guy that does his own work compete...is anyone in pro stock currently as diversely talented as charlie?..not many do it all....seems most are assemblers and dyno operators...just sayin...
We all know Charlie Wescott is smart and a hand on racer that does his own work. How would he compete with all the high dollar funded teams racing the western swing(Denver,Sonoma and Seattle).Does he ever sleep?
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #110
Dyno

Liked 605 Times in 177 Posts

Sounds to me that Charlie is a younger Warren Johnson, just saying.
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote