Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Scotty Richardson Is A ......

Scotty Richardson is a stand up guy in my book! I had the pleasure of coordinating of SSSSA race at SGMP this weekend with Scotty and his bracket races. He couldn't have been nicer or more cordial. It was a promoters night mare, Heat index of 106 degrees, low car count, and a good possibility of rain. That didn't stop Scotty, he paid his total purse and made everyone happy ridding around in the pits telling jokes and having a great time. Due to the fact we ran both of Scotty's races and both of our S/SS races on the same day and night) we didn't get to show him our infamous Fish House `Restaurant our guys frequent every time we race at SGMP. Next time! Thanks again Scotty, you are aces with us! Jim
Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Scotty Richardson Is A ......

Absolutely dead-on. For those that don't know, Scotty's No-Box race was $60 for TWO $2,000 to win races, that paid back really well. That's $30 a race! I lost 4th round in the 2nd No-Box race, and got $125. To quote one of those infomercials, "This is the biggest no-brainer in the history of man!" Despite the low car count, Scotty didn't cut the purse, didn't add a round of buybacks, or any of that. I never really knew him before this year, but I'd say this is one honorable man who deserves as much respect off the track as on.

I was glad to see a few S/SS racers take part in the No-Box race -- and a few guys went deep, including the R/U in race #1 for Richard Mace. Scotty's not giving up, so keep an ear out for the next $60 for two $2K deal coming to SGMP, Bluegrass (KY), or Lyons (IN).

I missed out on the Fish House too, but did make it to the Waffle House at about 11pm!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Mike Croley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Scotty Richardson Is A ......

Scotty is a true gentleman . He has a great series and school going , and he has some real good plans for the future . We wish him the best .

Mike Croley
Southeastern dist. for Competition Race Fuels
Mike Croley is offline   Reply With Quote