HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 07-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Default basic delay box

I am doing some research for a single function delay box that will delay the signal to trigger the launch. I don't need a throttle controller, or a SLE. Just a delay box that you can change the delay quickly, and I don't need bump up on bump down and no crossover function. I don't know how the signal for the trans brake works whether it is a high signal or a low signal. It would be nice if I could have the input and output, to be active hi or active low in or out, in other words selectable. This is of course not for a trans brake car. Just doing the research, and I really don't know if it will work in my application. SteveWilliams
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
Maverick

Default Re: basic delay box

Calling biondo Monday
Old 09-03-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
gnicholson

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I have a dedenbear rt6 you could try
gnicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #4
Maverick

Thanks, but after talking with Biondo, the basic box won't work the way I want. The basic box takes a high to trigger a high out. All my stuff is low to trigger. Over the winter I will contemplate it some more
Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #5
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

You can always use the high output of the delay box to trigger a relay and have the relay pass the low signal through it.
Dan
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
gnicholson

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I don't understand that. It will switch whatever you input into it like a relay
gnicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #7
voltdr

If you need the output of the box to be neg (gnd), you run the neg through the NO contacts (to control what you want) and apply neg to one side of the coil on the relay and use the 12V output from the delay box to trigger the relay to send your gnd where ever you want it.
Dan

Last edited by voltdr; 09-15-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #8
Maverick

First off, I not sure you are asking me, or the other person who asked the question. But you did say something that I wanted to hear. And that is you can have a active low out of the delay box, or a active high out of the delay box, depending on what box you have. I called biondo, and the guy I talked to say 12 volt to activate the 12 volts out. He stated all delay boxes were this way. That is when I gave up on it for a while. We have met before at Indy a few years back, and my car is not the norm. I don't have a trans brake, I have a clutch and run S/G. If you know the box that you can change the output to ground and have 12 volts to the coil, I would appreciate the info. All the stuff on my car is hot on the coil side and it take a ground to activate it. Adding a relay is OK, but I am trying just to use a box. I might use a SSR because of no moving parts. But it is just more stuff.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:12 PM   #9
voltdr

Steve,
I do remember you and your Lenco. LOL. I was think about the Biono boxes changing the output from NC to NO for the throttle stop control timers. The relay is very very simple to connect.
Dan