Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: The starting Line at the div 3 was really marginal

[QUOTE=442OLDS;661840]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kennedy View Post
SO I made three runs and never hooked up .? /QUOTE]

So you made three runs and spun the tires on every run AND qualified in the top 4?

And almost the number 1 qualifier and never hooked up???
Correct
Old 05-22-2022, 09:48 PM   #12
Kingpen

Liked 51 Times in 21 Posts

Was told this weekend that the local track started using the VP brand of traction compound because the VHT/PJ1 was out os stock nation wide.was told this happened 3 weeks ago when they went to get a drum.Noticed at the Ennis race this weekend a lot of S/S cars had trouble,especially when track temp went up.Seems I remember NHRA used it some years ago and did not stay long with it and if I recall,it did not like the summer heat.....Victor Penrod
Kingpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-23-2022, 08:18 AM   #13
Allen Wilson III

Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts

We didn't have any issues with our Super Stock cars. And the track seemed good for the comp car. We just threw too much at the starting line when we spun.
Allen Wilson III is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-23-2022, 09:46 AM   #14
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Wilson III View Post
We didn't have any issues with our Super Stock cars. And the track seemed good for the comp car. We just threw too much at the starting line when we spun.
Allen, I have watched your Car many, many times and on NHRA.TV it was leaving lazy as if anyone has time look at Superstock qualifying and see the higher power cars all left very very lazy very simple to see example Kenny Schindler Corvette More cars are spinning or leaving like a pig than not watch this coming weekend you will see a well-prepped track at Bowling Green My sixty ft will be around 1,17 to 1,19 in bad air LOl I hope
Old 05-23-2022, 03:05 PM   #15
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

I just watched the Friday qualifying for Superstock and 75% of the Super Stockers spun. I am not whining about my first-round runner up I was beaten fair and square i actually had my best redlight ever with a -003 I dialed for the spin a 14 went a 16 lol at me.

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-23-2022 at 03:16 PM.
Don Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #16
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
I just watched the Friday qualifying for Superstock and 75% of the Super Stockers spun. I am not whining about my first-round runner up I was beaten fair and square i actually had my best redlight ever with a -003 I dialed for the spin a 14 went a 16 lol at me.
Don,
With all due respect, can you list the 50 or so cars (75%) that spun? Also, whatÂ’s your definition of spin? My dad followed you in the right lane on Q1. I was standing behind your car when you left as I was lining him up. I did not see your car spin. I think you still went 1.25 in 60Â’. I raced you last October in St. Louis and you went 1.21 in 60Â’. The weather in St. Louis was nowhere near the 1.0889 correction and 28.70 barometer that we had in Indy this past weekend.

I donÂ’t believe there were any issues with the racetrack this past weekend.

Can you post a picture of your data log from the runs you spun? IÂ’d be curious to see the RPM spike.

Nick
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-23-2022, 08:56 PM   #17
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS3718 View Post
Don,
With all due respect, can you list the 50 or so cars (75%) that spun? Also, whatÂ’s your definition of spin? My dad followed you in the right lane on Q1. I was standing behind your car when you left as I was lining him up. I did not see your car spin. I think you still went 1.25 in 60Â’. I raced you last October in St. Louis and you went 1.21 in 60Â’. The weather in St. Louis was nowhere near the 1.0889 correction and 28.70 barometer that we had in Indy this past weekend.

I donÂ’t believe there were any issues with the racetrack this past weekend.

Can you post a picture of your data log from the runs you spun? IÂ’d be curious to see the RPM spike.

Nick
I do have the graph showing the spin by the way> The spike on the 1,2 shift is huge . Normally My 60ft are around 1.17 to 1.21 depending on the track. It is simple to watch the higher class cars not even wheel standing do the math on the cars not leaving strong. By the way I used to take timing out on the leave 4 years ago on bad tracks. FYI Which car is yours ? what class what engine? does it have a lot of torque?

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-23-2022 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:27 PM   #18
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
I do have the graph showing the spin by the way> The spike on the 1,2 shift is huge . Normally My 60ft are around 1.17 to 1.21 depending on the track. It is simple to watch the higher class cars not even wheel standing do the math on the cars not leaving strong. By the way I used to take timing out on the leave 4 years ago on bad tracks. FYI Which car is yours ? what class what engine? does it have a lot of torque?
I’m sure the barometer had more to do with the lazy wheel stands than poor track prep. The wheel stands seemed to come around Sunday morning. In fact, I seen a few cars fail to make adjustments from Saturday which resulted in them unloading on the wheelie bars.

Spike on the 1-2…are you spinning down track?

My car is 2003 mustang, FGT/H, no torque for me, it’s a turd off the line.
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-23-2022, 09:33 PM   #19
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:
I’m sure the barometer had more to do with the lazy wheel stands than poor track prep. The wheel stands seemed to come around Sunday morning. In fact, I seen a few cars fail to make adjustments from Saturday which resulted in them unloading on the wheelie bars.

Here anyone can watch the Super stockers Spin start at 1.50 By the way there is a huge difference in torque vs other cars with my combination and most higher class cars All the copos spun the Hemis spun and the corvette This is the link to look at the ones who are spinning or not hooking If you do not have the subscription you will not be able to watch
https://www.nhra.tv/watch/div-3-luca...-park-friday-1

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-23-2022 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:37 PM   #20
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Quote:

Yes the graph shows that as well as the leave Plus the Accel Gs shows the spin also

Nick text me your cell \phone and i can show you the graph 602 284 6240

Last edited by Don Kennedy; 05-23-2022 at 10:26 PM.