HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Live from the NW Stock/Superstock Series Race #2

I will be broadcasting live from Pacific Raceways this weekend and when I say live I truly mean LIVE! I thought I would try something a little different. I finally bought myself a new phone for Christmas after having the last one for seven years. It's a Galaxy Note 4. I will be using the Meerkat app. They finally got the Meerkat app working for the Android now.

You will need a twitter account to log in. You will also need to install the Meerkat app on your iPhone or Android. You can also watch it on the web on your desktop if you prefer. All you need to do is follow me on twitter (@toby_lang) and the Meerkat app will post a tweet on my timeline saying that I'm |LIVE NOW| then click on the mrk.tv link. It will take you to the web page. Then log in with your twitter credentials. If you are on an Android, click on the 'Open in App' button and it will display the stream in the app. I would think it's similar on the iPhone. Once you are in the app you can follow me there also and your phone will give you an alert whenever I'm broadcasting so you don't have to keep checking.

It's interactive also. There will be a row at the top of the app that shows the icons of the people watching and below there are 4 or 5 lines of chat displayed. So you can chat with me and the other viewers while I'm broadcasting. If you want me to ask somebody a question, get a closer view of something or someone, I will try to accommodate.

The stream will automatically be saved on youtube also, so if you miss it you can watch it later. The links to the replays will be posted on my twitter timeline. The quality won't be the best and it will be vertical (portrait) video, but it will be live! I could turn my phone to landscape, but the people watching it on their desktops won't be able to turn their monitors to the side like you can with a phone.

I will try to get all the racing action the best I can, but since there is no zoom on the phone I don't know if you will be able to see the scoreboards, but I will give it a try! I will mostly be broadcasting from the pits and the lanes as much as my battery will allow.

There are plenty of streams out there now if you want to test it out before tomorrow. I will try to answer any questions you have the best I can.
Toby Lang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #2
west coast

Liked 118 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Live from the NW Stock/Superstock Series Race #2

Toby it will be good to see at the races again even without a car maybe you car give me some driving lessons. See you in the morning.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:50 AM   #3
Dave Noll

Liked 219 Times in 105 Posts

I think I got signed up for and installed it all correctly. Will see tomorrow if it work's.

On Pacific's website they are showing 2 S/SS tech cards. One for $50 & one for $20. Why the difference ?
Old 05-30-2015, 02:43 AM   #4
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Noll View Post
I think I got signed up for and installed it all correctly. Will see tomorrow if it work's.

On Pacific's website they are showing 2 S/SS tech cards. One for $50 & one for $20. Why the difference ?
Race the Combo for $50. Race the same car in the Combo and Pro Bracket for $70.

Dale
Old 05-30-2015, 02:52 AM   #5
Dave Noll

Thanks Dale.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Getting ready to head up to the track. I will try to 'cast as much as possible. Jody won't be there, so hopefully I can bum some electricity to charge my battery when needed.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

The 4G coverage is pretty spotty up here. I tried it on the starting line and it worked pretty good. Either there or the stands. They are getting ready to start. I've been charging my phone and I will try to get the 1st Q of the combo for you. I actually had 3 viewers one time!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

They will be calling the combo class any minute. I will be 'casting soon. If you follow me on the Meerkat app it will give you an alert on your phone when I'm live.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #9
Dave Noll

I've only been able to connect to the stream once. All the other times, when I get the twitter notification I click the link that you said to and it sends me to the meerkat app but won't play anything, just shows a pic from the stream & your twitter I.D. @ the bottom of that is a button labeled "open in app", if I click that it sends me back to twitter. I'd love to be able to watch. Any idea's ?
Old 05-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
Toby Lang
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Final qualifying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_3941-2015-05-30 16.12.50-143923541.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	28915  

Last edited by Toby Lang; 05-30-2015 at 07:14 PM.