HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2024, 02:47 PM   #21
billy leber

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: John Kunsak Race cars/parts estate sale This weekend

That's exactly why I didn't go. Was concerned there would be some shady S#it. Complete b.s. for the people that traveled there. No one was supposed to be able to do anything prior to the sale. I would never consider attending anything this company ever did in the future.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:48 PM   #22
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 403 Times in 194 Posts

Again, it's all about MONEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
A lifetime collection of parts and cars but it has little meaning other than $ to those left to handle our estate when we pass, it’s just stiff and it’s sale part of life.
Old 01-13-2024, 08:25 PM   #23
Shake & Bake

Liked 32 Times in 28 Posts

I come a hair going to this being it was close to me (163/miles). Was really interested in the ZL1 stuff after watching the video several times.

So let me understand this. They hadn't even opened the door yet and an individual that was one of the first 30 in line made an offer before any item was sold? Did He/they just shout out a number?

Maybe someone that was actually there (maybe even standing in line their self) could elaborate....... If not, I completely understand.
Liked
Old 01-14-2024, 12:01 PM   #24
stage1scott

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts

Maybe someone that was actually there (maybe even standing in line their self) could elaborate....... If not, I completely understand.

Good morning everyone-I was there helping and and saw and heard everything-The people running the sale were very gracious to me as a lifelong close friend of the family. So to quote Paul Harvey-here is the rest of the story- The buyer was indeed in line, with a cashiers check made out to the operating company for a cool half million! He knew John and what was there (in general) is a local tow company owner and was really quite nice- He had tried to get the attention of the estate sale people for over a week but per their rules-NO PRE SALE DISCUSSIONS! so he arrived very early on a dark cold morning along with about 60 others and presented his offer to the sale operator-who told him she could not possibly make that decision without discussions with family and a bank who held paper of some of the items-it was the bank who hired her. Two bank representatives were on their way and she started the sale at eight as scheduled-about two dozen people came in and were let through but told they would have to hold their money until the bankers and family considered the other offer. When the family and bank reps weighed in, it was agreed one solid offer and done was good for everyone. There was some last minute negotiations as Buyer did not want one item the bank wanted to include that was not part of the sale (real estate he did not want) and it was agreed 400k and he received all offered onsite. He told me he intends to buy the house with its shops and property as well. The other thing he did do was send his brother out to the crowd before they left, took names and phone numbers and a list of what each one was interested in as he intends to continue liquidating but in a more methodical manner. He did not say, but seemed interested in keeping the copo and the Boyd car, although I am speculating on that. As he owns a tow business and a bunch of trucks, he was noncommital on whether the oly haulers were staying or going
Old 01-14-2024, 12:47 PM   #25
J.R. Haddad

Liked 889 Times in 199 Posts

Scott, would you happen to have the name and phone number of the
gentleman who purchased the estate. It will benefit the purchaser as
people can let him know what items they may want, and help him
liquidate those items he wants to sell.

Thanks,

J.R.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:28 PM   #26
Wes Leopold jr

Liked 74 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stage1scott View Post

Good morning everyone-I was there helping and and saw and heard everything-The people running the sale were very gracious to me as a lifelong close friend of the family. So to quote Paul Harvey-here is the rest of the story- The buyer was indeed in line, with a cashiers check made out to the operating company for a cool half million! He knew John and what was there (in general) is a local tow company owner and was really quite nice- He had tried to get the attention of the estate sale people for over a week but per their rules-NO PRE SALE DISCUSSIONS! so he arrived very early on a dark cold morning along with about 60 others and presented his offer to the sale operator-who told him she could not possibly make that decision without discussions with family and a bank who held paper of some of the items-it was the bank who hired her. Two bank representatives were on their way and she started the sale at eight as scheduled-about two dozen people came in and were let through but told they would have to hold their money until the bankers and family considered the other offer. When the family and bank reps weighed in, it was agreed one solid offer and done was good for everyone. There was some last minute negotiations as Buyer did not want one item the bank wanted to include that was not part of the sale (real estate he did not want) and it was agreed 400k and he received all offered onsite. He told me he intends to buy the house with its shops and property as well. The other thing he did do was send his brother out to the crowd before they left, took names and phone numbers and a list of what each one was interested in as he intends to continue liquidating but in a more methodical manner. He did not say, but seemed interested in keeping the copo and the Boyd car, although I am speculating on that. As he owns a tow business and a bunch of trucks, he was noncommital on whether the oly haulers were staying or going
Scott, I was there also and arrive at 7:20 AM. I was #73 in line and there were about twenty five people behind me at 8:00 AM. It went down exactly as you stated. This was a bad deal for all of the people that came. I hope that all of this works out some how for all of the interested buyers. The new owner will be selling a lot of the parts and cars off. I am only speculating here and do not know for sure. I hope that John's kids end up with some of the money that John worked all of his life for. This has been a mess from before John passed away. May God be with John and his children. Wes Leopold
Old 01-14-2024, 01:41 PM   #27
Shake & Bake

Scott,
I appreciate you voluntarily explaining what actually happened for those of us that weren't there....

I too would be interested in a phone number or contact information for the buyer.

Thank You.
Old 01-14-2024, 03:34 PM   #28
stage1scott

Liked 101 Times in 43 Posts

" I hope that John's kids end up with some of the money that John worked all of his life for. This has been a mess from before John passed away. May God be with John and his children. Wes Leopold"

Damn Wes-- wish I had known you were there! Johns kids will be fine, they had to ok the one buyer purchase and there is still a sizeable real estate collection to be sold

As an important aside, there was a court order to be fulfilled with financial specifics to protect the family-- and the bank reps, the sale operator and everyone on the inside had to function under the details of the court order-all I can say about that. The one person purchase simplified it for all of them and guaranteed protection for the family and the buyer was a nice guy who was smart about the whole thing. I agree it sucked for those standing out in the cold but it is what it is.

" appreciate you voluntarily explaining what actually happened for those of us that weren't there....I too would be interested in a phone number or contact information for the buyer."

buyer owns Elite towing, Cranberry Pa. His name is Dave, you could try to contact him through his business but I suspect until he has everything sorted and categorized he probably won't talk to anyone.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:26 PM   #29
Shake & Bake

Thanks Scott. Appreciate that.
Liked
Old 01-14-2024, 09:09 PM   #30
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 403 Times in 194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Leopold jr View Post
I hope that John's kids end up with some of the money that John worked all of his life for. This has been a mess from before John passed away. May God be with John and his children. Wes Leopold
you talk about his kids like they're babies. If he had his affairs' in order, there would be no hoping. Hope is not a strategy. Bank gets paid first, then any lien holders, then the auction company and after that if there's anything left, the family fights over it. That's how these things typical go. Remember, it's all about the MONEY!

Last edited by 1320racer; 01-14-2024 at 09:15 PM.
Closed Thread