HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
Greg Hill
VIP Member

Liked 270 Times in 68 Posts
Default How are the new cars remaining in Stock classes going to affect your racing this year

For me it means a year of no National events. Andrew and I will stay close to home, a couple of points races, a couple of opens and a lot of combo races at Bowling Green and Ohio Valley. It will mean significantly less money spent on our racing operation. I had thought about buying a new stacker trailer this year if we were going to travel much. That's out of the picture now. I was going to buy 2 new converters from ATI and may buy 1 or I may not buy any. I was going to get a new set of heads done for Andrew's car along with a freshen up, now probably just a freshen up. What I really will miss is a trip I was going to do in March that consisted of the points race in South GA., the Gators, and the Sports Nationals in Belle Rose.

As long as we support NHRA with our presence nothing will change. If it weren't for Andrew I would probably just quit and sell my stuff. I don't love racing as much as I use to but Andrew is just getting started and is hooked big time. Pat I would love to come to Belle Rose this year but I won't make it because of these new cars. On a positive note it will save me a bunch of money. Any of you plan on cutting back this year because of this problem?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
lstanford

Liked 134 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: How are the new cars remaining in Stock classes going to affect your racing this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hill View Post
For me it means a year of no National events. Andrew and I will stay close to home, a couple of points races, a couple of opens and a lot of combo races at Bowling Green and Ohio Valley. It will mean significantly less money spent on our racing operation. I had thought about buying a new stacker trailer this year if we were going to travel much. That's out of the picture now. I was going to buy 2 new converters from ATI and may buy 1 or I may not buy any. I was going to get a new set of heads done for Andrew's car along with a freshen up, now probably just a freshen up. What I really will miss is a trip I was going to do in March that consisted of the points race in South GA., the Gators, and the Sports Nationals in Belle Rose.

As long as we support NHRA with our presence nothing will change. If it weren't for Andrew I would probably just quit and sell my stuff. I don't love racing as much as I use to but Andrew is just getting started and is hooked big time. Pat I would love to come to Belle Rose this year but I won't make it because of these new cars. On a positive note it will save me a bunch of money. Any of you plan on cutting back this year because of this problem?
I think I remember this scenario from sand lot ball as a kid. If you won't play by my rules then I'm taking my bat and ball and going home. I still played a lot of ball. I have often wondered where the bat and ball owner ended up in life. Just my thoughts on a snowy Sunday.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
Clint

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How are the new cars remaining in Stock classes going to affect your racing this

No NHRA national or divisional events for me either. Not even the one 30 min from my home, unless I enter the stocker in Super Street just to play around. But no complaining here, we are having a great time running IHRA. At an IHRA divisional this year I ran a stk/ss combo friday night, divisional saturday, bracket saturday night, and another divisional sunday. 4 Races within 48 hours!

Clint Blezien
#31 A/FIA
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
lstanford

Liked 134 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
No NHRA national or divisional events for me either. Not even the one 30 min from my home, unless I enter the stocker in Super Street just to play around. But no complaining here, we are having a great time running IHRA. At an IHRA divisional this year I ran a stk/ss combo friday night, divisional saturday, bracket saturday night, and another divisional sunday. 4 Races within 48 hours!

Clint Blezien
#31 A/FIA
You get it. Life has options.
lstanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

A lot depends on the economy, but I think we will run some IHRA this year, and less NHRA. I laid out all of the races within a reasonable driving distance on a calendar yesterday, so I can look and see what I want to do. Last year we didn't race much because business was bad. Things are looking up a little, so hopefully we can do more racing this year. The CJ/DP thing is disheartening for sure, but it won't stop us from racing
Old 12-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks to the new cars, and the cry babies, nhra has changed the ahfs to where it really kills performance.
I can save a bunch of money, already cancelled a set ot step merge collector headers and a new intake system with 4 throttle bodies. I hope the manufactuers drop nhra.
If I keep racing I'll just run 6 tenths or so under and cry and moan to get defactored.
I have fought the thought for years that Stock/Superstock was way above bracket racing.
I now have changed my mind.
At the PRI show I had nothing to do, no reason to try to learn anything that might help me go faster. And there should be no reason for anyone to strive for performance Just let the Automatic Help For Slugs do the work for you
And I doubt it will do anything to fix the problem. The new cars will never run all out when they can get whacked 2 or 3 classes at once. If a person is bleeding from a cut, you can stop the bleeding by stopping the heart from beating.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #7
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art leong View Post
Thanks to the new cars, and the cry babies, nhra has changed the ahfs to where it really kills performance.
I can save a bunch of money, already cancelled a set ot step merge collector headers and a new intake system with 4 throttle bodies. I hope the manufactuers drop nhra.
If I keep racing I'll just run 6 tenths or so under and cry and moan to get defactored.
I have fought the thought for years that Stock/Superstock was way above bracket racing.
I now have changed my mind.
At the PRI show I had nothing to do, no reason to try to learn anything that might help me go faster. And there should be no reason for anyone to strive for performance Just let the Automatic Help For Slugs do the work for you
And I doubt it will do anything to fix the problem. The new cars will never run all out when they can get whacked 2 or 3 classes at once. If a person is bleeding from a cut, you can stop the bleeding by stopping the heart from beating.
Art, i wouldn't be so quick to blame "the cry babies" as you call it. Most of those who have complained about the new cars said the same thing, put them in their own class so they can sort themselves out like the EFI cars. I don't recall anyone saying that the AHFS needed to be butchered the way they did it. I think its awful. NHRA does not listen to its customers, and they are lazy. They took the easy way out, didn't fix the root of the problem, and created another set of problems
Old 12-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes View Post
Art, i wouldn't be so quick to blame "the cry babies" as you call it. Most of those who have complained about the new cars said the same thing, put them in their own class so they can sort themselves out like the EFI cars. I don't recall anyone saying that the AHFS needed to be butchered the way they did it. I think its awful. NHRA does not listen to its customers, and they are lazy. They took the easy way out, didn't fix the root of the problem, and created another set of problems
Chad I wouldn't really call you a cry baby. You have a dog in the hunt. You are directly effected by the new cars. (I might not agree with you 100% on how to fix it, but your argument is valid) But you have more rights to voice an opinion about something that directly effects you. Most of the crying on here is from those that are not effected at all. That was one of the reasons I got in the mix. The cars themselves don't effect my racing at all. The changes nhra made DO.
And like you said it probably won't help those that are directly involved
Old 12-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
Andys dad
VIP Member

Liked 175 Times in 78 Posts

Well I guess we will have to race more than we planned
Old 12-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #10
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,533 Times in 1,976 Posts

Clint

You may want to consider the Saturday nite Sunday combo races at Bowling Green. Two races in two days.

Larry Hill

#32 A/SA
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote