HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
randy wilson

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default Econo Modified

Let's move here, and let the vettes have their's back. It will only be serious, if the sanctioning bodies take it seriously. The autos are involved because we would need the car counts. I think with the tiny wt. break we give them, they are, in my opinion, at a disadvantage, and will soon change to a stick. But, then again, I don't know the potential of a new auto. And, also, if this ever comes about, I would not rush the start date. If they would give it a full year to sink in before a start date, with say, a 3 year locked in plan, it would boom. No one will even buy a set of heads on a whim. We have a guy coming in 2 weeks to look at our cobalt turn key, and it may leave with him. I personally will not complete my deuce for competition unless this takes off. I will retire. BUT, if it takes off, I'm all in. I still will let out any of two spec motors, a 289, and or a 322, for ANy competent SS guy, for a demo. I just won't finish a car for it, unless it's a go.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Econo Modified

Thanks for the new thread. We needed to accentuate Econo so more see the goal. First they need to give an index. Maybe see which current Mod SS class one would fit as a place to go if someone got involved.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
randy wilson

I think I can help with an index from just shooting from the hip. I'd say at 9 lbs. per cube, you will see some 9.40's to 9.50's. So say, 10 flat. I may be wrong, but at 10.5 lbs. we went some 9.90's. But that was with a modern car, and a star vac pump.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Automatic 11lb SS cars with all the restrictions go high nines. My wife could make a 9lb SM car go 10 flat. LOL
Old 12-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
randy wilson

Ya but Ed, you may be smarter then I. I ran a 10.5 lb. spec car for 2 years, and went 6.29 in the 1\8th at 109.67. At 10 lbs. with a 291 iron head bowtie, that we ran in SS/CS at 10.5 lbs. we went 6.06 at 114.96 at the same track.That's all I have to go on. Most, not all, but most SS\BS cars run 9.0's, to 8.80's. I think the heads, with a 3,000 # min. at 9#, will be in the 9.40's to start. Just a guess. It ain't hard to reduce the index. It only takes an ink pen. Big difference berween a spec head, and a 15 degree chevy. Also, 10 flat is just the index. If they're like the other super stockers, and run 1.5 under, they'll be running 8.50's.

Last edited by randy wilson; 12-28-2013 at 06:39 PM.
randy wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

this has been tried so many times before and came up goose eggs, but have fun posting all winter as it will never happen, trust me.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
randy wilson

Joe, you're right. It's been tried to death. But NEVER with a cylinder head totally equal for all manufactures. But, I agree they will never try it. It makes way too much sense. Who would even dare to think a racing organization would ever want to actually race? If we're lucky, the roundy- rounders will have to start dialing in their lap times to make it fair. Crowd should love it. But it's still fun to discuss. Either way, I'm either retired, or I''l have a nice street car if nothing comes of it.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

I'm with Joe, it ain't really gonna happen. Would be fun, but so would be taking a shower with Pam Anderson. LOL
Old 12-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
randy wilson

I agree with most of what you post Ed, (except for the Pamela Anderson thing, I think I could come up with a better fantasy) that being said, what pray tell, is so hard to understand about a racing body, that truly does not race, other then the pros, and comp, and why they will never truly race. With the computer tech we have today to control illegal mods to heads, why is it so far fetched to think they would not want to try it? I agree they won't try it, but why?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Hey, if you were old you would like Pam Anderson! LOL

Economics is the reason.