HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-02-2022, 12:52 PM   #1
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default NHRA physical question.

I’ve sent a couple emails. And tried calling. But I’m not getting a response from NHRA. But I’m sure there’s probably somebody here that could answer. If you don’t want it public. Feel free to PM me here or if you want to be totally anonymous. You can email me at LMLamar70@yahoo.

Does anybody have a nerve stimulator in their back? Does NHRA care about you racing with it? Or do you just keep it to yourself? If you have to have a physical. What do you tell the doctor when you get your license physical? It’s not like you can hide it or the scars. And finally does it ever bother you going down track?

I’ve got to make a decision here soon. I’m hoping it would let me get back working and racing at some point in the future. But there’s no point renewing my membership and numbers again. If it’s going to be a problem.

Thanks
Rob
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:06 PM   #2
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 674 Times in 122 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Question Re: NHRA physical question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
I’ve sent a couple emails. And tried calling. But I’m not getting a response from NHRA. But I’m sure there’s probably somebody here that could answer. If you don’t want it public. Feel free to PM me here or if you want to be totally anonymous. You can email me at LMLamar70@yahoo.

Does anybody have a nerve stimulator in their back? Does NHRA care about you racing with it? Or do you just keep it to yourself? If you have to have a physical. What do you tell the doctor when you get your license physical? It’s not like you can hide it or the scars. And finally does it ever bother you going down track?

I’ve got to make a decision here soon. I’m hoping it would let me get back working and racing at some point in the future. But there’s no point renewing my membership and numbers again. If it’s going to be a problem.

Thanks
Rob
For what it's worth, I've started using an external TENS/EMS unit. Pain doc wanted to do the internal deal but I said no. I have had two spinal operations since the '19 Baby Gators and have two spinal fusions and a cage installed in my lumbar area. I'm hoping the electrical stimulation will help. My point is that if NHRA has a problem with this, the external unit can be removed to race, the internal can not. I don't see why either would be a problem as the voltage is minimal and does not transmit. Maybe someone from NHRA will read this and give us an answer or an opinion. Thanks for bringing this up Rob! Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:40 PM   #3
pmrphil

Liked 316 Times in 133 Posts
Default Re: NHRA physical question.

I don't believe you need a physical anymore, at least not down to 8.50 ET
pmrphil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:55 PM   #4
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrphil View Post
I don't believe you need a physical anymore, at least not down to 8.50 ET
Ya my stocker and Footbrake/pro et bracket car I’m plenty safe from having to have a physical. But I’ve got another car that requires a physical now. That I bought right before I got hurt at work. Worst comes to worst. I can always let it go.
Old 03-02-2022, 05:49 PM   #5
garyc

Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts

yes no more physicals 8.50 and up
garyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:39 PM   #6
sst7250

Liked 41 Times in 30 Posts

NHRA Physicals are only required for those running advanced ET drivers, IE faster than 7.50.. License from level 1-3, pro categories TS, TD, Alky Comp etc.
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-02-2022, 08:24 PM   #7
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Ok good news thank you guys. This thing definitely won’t go 7.50. I thought the et threshold was a lot higher than that.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:32 PM   #8
Shake & Bake

Liked 32 Times in 28 Posts

Here you go Rob:

https://www.nhraracer.com/content/ge...983&zoneid=175

Last edited by Shake & Bake; 03-02-2022 at 11:34 PM.
Shake & Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 03-03-2022, 01:02 PM   #9
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 237 Times in 127 Posts

Level 4 covers all the Super classes plus SS and Stock if the class rules indicate this level license. No medical required but license runs are needed if over 135mph. If your car runs over 135, tech might want a medical clearance from your Dr. Talk with your medical people to see what they think. In the end, it's your call.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:14 PM   #10
Bandit 1

Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post

Thanks
Rob
Strange your having issues reaching the North Central Division office. Anytime I have reached out with a question, they have been responsive over the phone and email.

In the past had a few issues, especially during event weekends. That's to be expected though.
Bandit 1 is offline   Reply With Quote