HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Carolina Classic Modified Production
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-29-2024, 05:29 PM   #1
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 679 Times in 224 Posts
Default CCMP Race #2 at KDS Motorsports

It's time for Liberty's Gears Carolina Classic Modified Production Race #2 of the 2024 season coming up this weekend at KDS Motorsports on Saturday, May 4th.

Gates will open at 5 p.m. on Friday for a track hosted test & tune. Car & driver entry for test & tune is $25.00.

Saturday gates open at 11 a.m. with time runs beginning at 12:30 p.m. We will have our 2 qualifying runs to establish the ladder & then go straight into eliminations. Hodges Custom Homes is the Top Qualifier Sponsor for the #1 qualifier with the racer receiving $200.00. Mark's Truck Repair Inc. is the title sponsor with Doyle Evans Realty being the associate sponsor for this race.

* Entry fee: $200.00
* Carolina Classic Modified Production t-shirts available.

Hope to see y'all this weekend at KDS Motorsports! Guys we need support to keep this going & Mr. Bobby would love to have a field of 6-8 cars so he can re-live the glory days of racing! Let's make it happen!!!
Tabitha Draughon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 05:43 PM   #2
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 679 Times in 224 Posts
Default Re: CCMP Race #2 at KDS Motorsports

KDS Motorsports Carolina Classic Modified Production Race #2

6 CARS, YES WE HAD 6 CARS ON SATURDAY=RECORD!!!

To a lot, 6 cars doesn't mean a hill of beans but to this girl, it means the world!!! The Thursday before Roxboro Motorsports Park, I had thoughts of giving up on this series as I felt that I was failing at it & anyone who knows me, knows I give everything at minimum 150% & failing isn't in my vocabulary. I talked to several racers as well as my husband & they all advised me to keep going & that it was going to grow but was just going to take time. I sent out a group text message on Thursday of last week that the Sunday of our net event, May 26th is my birthday & we will be at Rockingham Dragway. I told the racers that for my birthday, I wanted 8 cars minimum on the Saturday CCMP event. I am still holding true to wanting this wish come true so racers, PLEASE make it happen for me!!! Okay, that's enough about that. Let's discuss this past Saturday at KDS Motorsports.

We started out Saturday morning have two of our racer's engines P & G'ed for cubic inch verification & of course, both of those passed. Then we scaled all 6 cars to make sure each racecar was at proper weight based of their class. We had 6 cars in attendance: Robbie Draughon AM, Ronald Yopp CM 302 CI, Gary McKee BM 324 CI, Steve Johnson EM, Darrell Lail BM, & Mark Moreland DM. This was Gray's first race out with his completely brand new BM engine & Mark's first race out for the season. Ronald Yopp made his debut in the Carolina Classic Modified Production class & first time driving a stick car. In Q1, Ronnie Yopp was the first one on the track so his fellow competitors could help him out. He completed his first burnout but then had some troubles. After getting the car back to the pits, it was a minor issue with the transmission trouble & Robbie Draughon got that fixed. Our first pair was McKee & Draughon where neither showed much potential as McKee had to abort his run, running a 11.776 on his 6.01 index & Draughon went 8.039 on his 5.90 index. Next up was Lail & Johnson in which both of them made a decent run to go #1 & #2 after Q1. Lail went .564 under 5.446 on his 6.01 index & Johnson went .628 under 5.872 on his 6.50 index. Moreland on a single also made a good hit to go to #3 at .459 under 5.891 on his 6.35 index. Coming up for Q2, once again we sent Yopp on a single & this time he did put it down the track. Although it wasn't a full pull, he went 6.220 on his 6.20 index to claim the #5 qualifying position. Draughon improved on his first run to put him in the #4 position running a 5.460 (.44 under) on his 5.90 index & McKee had to abort another run going 10.619 on his 6.01 index. Lail & Johnson are side by side again for Q2 where Johnson improves from his Q1 spot to stay on top to receive the Hodges Custom Homes Top Qualifier award for the 2nd time in 2024. He went 5.845 (.655 under) on his 6.50 index & Lail slowed just a tad bit running 5.452 (.558 under) on his 6.01 index. Moreland on a single again also improved from his Q1 run. He went a 5.879 (.471 under) on his 6.35 index to qualify in the #3 position.

The ladder is now set with McKee vs Moreland (lane choice) with Moreland taking the round win although neither one made a full hit, Yopp vs Lail (lane choice) with Lail taking the round win; also not making a full run, & Johnson (lane choice) vs Draughon with Johnson taking the win after Draughon went .025 red. Johnson was the only one in round #1 to make a full pass running 5.858 (.642 under).

Round 2 pairings are Moreland vs Lail with Johnson on the bye run to the finals. Both Moreland & Lail are a little tardy at the hit but Lail holds him off having his best run of the day so far. He went a 5.442 (.568 under) on his 6.01 index. Moreland went a 5.883 (.467 under) on his 6.35 index. Steve continues to dominate in true fashion running a 5.840 (.66 under) on his 6.50 index on his bye run.

Finals are now set for race #2 & the pair is the same as first race back in April. Steve Johnson versus Darrell Lail. Lail throws his chances of 2 for 2 away at the hit when he turns on the red light by .006 handing the win over to Steve. Steve was .020 on the tree & ran a 5.852 (.648) on his 6.50 index for his 1st win of the 2024 season. Steve also received a $100.00 gift certificate from Altronics Inc, a certificate for a set of spark plugs from E3 Ignition, a $50.00 gift certificate from Meziere Enterprises, a $100.00 gift certificate to COMP Cams, a $100.00 gift certificate from Edelbrock Performance, a 5 gallon pail of PRO 116 fuel from Ford's Fuel and Propane/ Renegade Race Fuels & Lubricants, a can of FOGGIT, & a 5 gallon pail of F25 fuel courtesy of Fuel Factory. Darrell received a certificate for a set of spark plugs from E3 Ignition, a $100.00 gift certifcate from Crew Chief Pro Software, a 50% of one item from Zamp Racing, a $50.00 gift certificate from COMP Cams, a $50.00 gift certificate from Edelbrock Performance, & a 5 gallon pail of F25 fuel from Fuel Factory.

Caleb Beaman, employee of Redline Speed Shop & Robbie Draughon Powertrain Development made the custom trophy for this race. Mark Joyce of MJ Custom Printing & Graphics made the trailer checks for both winner & runner-up.

As mentioned above, our next race is Saturday, May 25th at Rockingham Dragway & we need a least 8 cars at this event just because "that's what Tabitha Moore Draughon wants"!!!
Tabitha Draughon is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked