HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
4spdJohnny

Liked 119 Times in 42 Posts
Default Mirada suspension?

What works for rear springs on these cars? I have my sons '82 that I installed a 83/4 out of a 70 Road Runner. I eliminated all the rubber isolater around the spring and moved the perches on the rearend housing so it is solid like a regular old mopar setup. Car does not hook real well front spring segment obviously winding up. Do they make a cal-trac setup for this car? Is there some old super stock spring that works? With out making the car sit like a tractor? Are there any front suspension tricks for these cars with the transverse torsion bars that help weight transfer and hooktion!?
4spdJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
aspen7709

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mirada suspension?

Is this for stock eliminator or a bracket car???? You need to change the leaf springs FOR SURE! they are what chrysler calls an "S" spring designed to flex and wrap up for a "smoother and more comfortable ride." not so good for drag racing. Let me know what you donig with it ie brackets,street, stock elim. and I can give you some suggestions. also contact CalTracs and Alf Weibe too. Calvert makes a killer front shock now.
aspen7709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Alex Denysenko

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4spdJohnny View Post
What works for rear springs on these cars? I have my sons '82 that I installed a 83/4 out of a 70 Road Runner. I eliminated all the rubber isolater around the spring and moved the perches on the rearend housing so it is solid like a regular old mopar setup. Car does not hook real well front spring segment obviously winding up. Do they make a cal-trac setup for this car? Is there some old super stock spring that works? With out making the car sit like a tractor? Are there any front suspension tricks for these cars with the transverse torsion bars that help weight transfer and hooktion!?
You have a PM.

Call us.
Alex Denysenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
4spdJohnny

Thanks for the replies! Car is a street strip bracket car... for now. My 16 year old is going to be racing it in the highscool class at our local track. We dug it out of the trees last year and put a steel headed 410 small block in it. Car still has full inerior etc. and always will have. Its something he can drive to school and cruise in. Car has 3.91 gears wieghs 3570 pds with him in it. Ran mid 12's with terrible 60 foots (large cam and no convertor didn't help) car would lay there til cam came in and then spin! This year will have a mild 440/727 that ran 12.0's in my 70 Dart. Good torquey simple engine combo with a decent old 9.5 inch convertor. Is there a stock rear spring that will work or just pony up for new monoleafs? Other than different front shocks anything to do to front end? Have removed the railroad tie crash bumper behind the front facia.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'm just using some junk shocks and mono leafs with a small block in a aspen. It runs mid 1.50 60 fts like that.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
4spdJohnny

What monoleafs? Cal-tracs? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,887 Times in 580 Posts

We raced a Mirada Stocker for a while. It Had Super Launchers (Tri City Perf)
and they worked very well. Mopar produced different frt. hangers to change segment
length to use Mopar SS Springs on that body. Calvert makes Springs/Bars
for this combo as well and we use them extensively....
He prefers the longer length (24") Front length and he is much sharper than I am!

Last edited by GTX JOHN; 01-19-2012 at 05:19 PM.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote