HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-29-2015, 10:40 PM   #21
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: New Drag Pak Challengers

As tested the blown is FS/A and the 426 is FS/C. There is so much left for the hard racer. I think Mopar will try to get more in the hands of racers for the exposure. Course it's like any new car. Takes some beating on. These engineers that design and build these are really smart guys, but it takes a drag racer to beat the tenths out of them.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:45 PM   #22
Stewart Way

Liked 70 Times in 21 Posts

Any stick option so Kevin can have some fun if/when you get on?
Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #23
69camz28

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Any chance these will be at Indy, or is that just too soon?
69camz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #24
Rat Raceway

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Rat Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
I don't want to get into too many details, but the motors are really trick and are done by respected builders. .

So will Mopar not be building the motors and just outsourcing them from the get go? Or was this just for the the first test mules?
Rat Raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #25
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: New Drag Pak Challengers

Now that Mopar has a supercharged Drag Pak, the FS/XX portion of the Factory Stock Showdown will be even more interesting. This probably is wishful thinking; but, is it possible for a 354 to be at Indy?
Old 07-30-2015, 04:48 PM   #26
Chris Holbrook

Liked 72 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Well, we are back. The cars put on a good show, but the motors were so turned down, we were not sure they would start. They were both about one second under in spite very slow 60' times. And of course the 9000 or so DA don't help. The blown car ran high 60's @ 157 in Detroit and the 426 ran 9 low teens @ 148. Ten degrees timing. The engineers had to hide the computer from us. It was a lot of fun.

Oh ***** I might have too run 12 degrees of timing. LOL All kidding aside I can't wait to see The Blown car in person. Who knows I might have to purchase one of those for my self.
Chris Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #27
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

The cars will be in Indy as display only as part of the Mopar show. The 426 is in the book, but there are no plans to run the car at this time, course you never know. Chris, let's do this. I will give you a 354 and you give me a Mustang. I'm not sure if anyone could stand the confusion.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #28
D.Johns

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts

The blower wars are heating up! Nice to see all the manufacturers mixing it up again.
2014 Cobra Jet FS/XX #3345 STK/SS

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel...25886327426822
D.Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #29
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

The new Drag Pak cars are in the book. Two blown 354 motors, one cast iron and that motor will be in the Blown Drag Pak cars. It is a BES out of Indy and makes about 1050 HP and has plenty potential not even considering the motor. The 426 is an Arrow Racing Engine and has been tested by Barton, and Kevin Helms has been down the track in both cars. 426 about 900 HP. Drive train is way off for the hard racer not even considering the motor at 10 degrees timing as tested. Hard racers will have first availability on both cars. I am working on a package we will call the Hard Racer Package with drive line changes; trans gearing, converter, shifter, rear axle ratio etc which I will try to have it put in the cars I order for myself and customers who go thru me. Not sure if I can get it done. Kinda need numbers. Right now I have 5 coming. The second 354 motor is an Arrow Racing motor which can be used, but can't be ordered in the car. It is all aluminum and really different specs. Both have 2.9 Whipples. Mopar as one converted to a 2015 model. More as it happens. Want one. Let me know. Mopar wants names and history for the racers, but will take my word for it. Blueprint specs on NHRA Racer.

Last edited by Jeff Teuton; 08-17-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Jeff Teuton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #30
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
The new Drag Pak cars are in the book. Two blown 354 motors, one cast iron and that motor will be in the Blown Drag Pak cars. It is a BES out of Indy and makes about 1050 HP and has plenty potential not even considering the motor. The 426 is an Arrow Racing Engine and has been tested by Barton, and Kevin Helms has been down the track in both cars. 426 about 900 HP. Drive train is way off for the hard racer not even considering the motor at 10 degrees timing as tested. Hard racers will have first availability on both cars. I am working on a package we will call the Hard Racer Package with drive line changes; trans gearing, converter, shifter, rear axle ratio etc which I will try to have it put in the cars I order for myself and customers who go thru me. Not sure if I can get it done. Kinda need numbers. Right now I have 5 coming. The second 354 motor is an Arrow Racing motor which can be used, but can't be ordered in the car. It is all aluminum and really different specs. Both have 2.9 Whipples. Mopar as one converted to a 2015 model. More as it happens. Want one. Let me know. Mopar wants names and history for the racers, but will take my word for it. Blueprint specs on NHRA Racer.
I see them in the Engine specs, but just the 400 and the 426 in the stock car classification guide as of yet......

Sounds like a lot of fun for those that have the resources and time to devote. If mopar really wants to dominate, then reward the "hard racer" original dragpak owners with a 50% discount. Lord knows it will take likely at least that to sort out the cars, especially if the cages have to be reworked, chassis beefed up, shocks changed, etc etc etc.

Eric