HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 07-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
Bill Edgeworth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Seattle Stacking not until August 5th!

Anyone planning on doing the Seattle National Event should read this;

http://nhraracer.com/content/general...164&zoneid=175

If I read this correctly this year we cannot drop our trailers in the field where we normally stack until Wednesday morning, the same day we park.

Reading the short notice it appears to be King County creating this disaster not the NHRA.

Here is the details from the Pacific Raceways site;

http://pacificraceways.com/nhra-nw-n...arking-policy/

Last edited by Bill Edgeworth; 07-28-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Bill Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts
Default Re: Seattle Stacking not until August 5th!

Hi Bill, how are you doing? Looks like another group (SCAR) putting a thorn in the side of racing here in the Northwest. Looks like stacking and parking all on the same day, sounds great, ha ha. Should prove very interesting for those coming from any distance.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 407 Times in 91 Posts

Sounds like this "SCAR" really has it in for Pacific Raceway according to their website.

Last edited by Bob Gullett; 07-28-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Bob Gullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
theworm

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

So how long is the line gong to be from hiway 18 off ramps to pacifics gate at 7am ? Looks like a mess to me .
theworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

King county is a cesspool of liberal activists.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #6
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Everyone please try to put on your best face and deal with this as best you can.

This is the result of a citizens group in the track area (Soos Creek) forcing King County to strictly enforce the Conditional Use Permit that governs operation of the track during special events like the NW Nationals and the Lucas Oil regional/divisional weekend. If this group can document violations of this Permit, they can go to King county and try to have it revoked, thus killing the big events here, and to them, the track itself.

If you haven't read the formal notice on the Pacific Raceways website, please do. A link is posted earlier in this thread.

I have gone through historical land photos of the track area dating back into the 70s and the encroaching housing developments have damaged the environment more than the track. Used to be in the middle of the forest.

Also, if you are involved in the stacking and parking procedure and see people with cameras photographing your rigs and activities, please question them (politely, one might be me). No one can photograph you or your stuff if you say no photos.

I'm not that worried about the long time D6 racers who have dealt with this before, but I am concerned that the out of the area racers please pay attention. Not everyone loves the sound of a BBC (or SBF) before 9am...

Enjoy the weekend. I'll be the old dude in the safari hat with a camera bag.

EDIT: Also be aware that the track's liquor license prohibits outside alcohol. I'm sure Liquor Enforcement Officers (beer cops) will be around. Beer sold at the track is in color coded cans by day. No, I don't know the code. If I did, I'd have enough money to get my trans out of the shop and race.

Dale

Last edited by FireSale; 07-28-2015 at 09:29 PM.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #7
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworm View Post
So how long is the line gong to be from hiway 18 off ramps to pacifics gate at 7am ? Looks like a mess to me .

Don, I don't know if that would help, but I see your point. Could be total congestion for many hours, if not controlled smartly.
I am sure NHRA will have a great plan by the 5th.

In re-reading the article on NHRARacer I see that this issue only effects the Sportsman racer. I assume that the PROS will go in as usual and set up. Is this another way to frustrate the sportsman racers??

Anyway, good luck to all and I hope this situation goes smoothly for everyone.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
FireSale
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy49 View Post
Don, I don't know if that would help, but I see your point. Could be total congestion for many hours, if not controlled smartly.
I am sure NHRA will have a great plan by the 5th.

In re-reading the article on NHRARacer I see that this issue only effects the Sportsman racer. I assume that the PROS will go in as usual and set up. Is this another way to frustrate the sportsman racers??

Anyway, good luck to all and I hope this situation goes smoothly for everyone.
47 Pro entries, 235 Sportsman entries. Figure three rigs per Pro and an average of 1.5 per Sportsman, so that's 141 and around 353 in terms of vehicles. Vendors would not be be constrained by the restrictions - they relate to the no camping on "Quiet Days" provisions of the use permit. Monday and Tuesday in this case. Vendors don't camp.

The NHRA doesn't hate or wish to frustrate Sportsman racers, but the Pros are the ones who fill the stands and should get preferential parking. This event probably pays the bills for the season's Sportsman and bracket races.

I have hit all of the Lucas Oil races here for the past two years and had my pick of the stands. That's what needs to be fixed to start with and a great show from the Sportsman at the Nationals will help.

Dale
Old 07-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #9
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

Who exactly are these "beer cops"? What kind of authority to they have?

Do they work for the state or does the track hire them so they can sell more alcohol?
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #10
FireSale
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
Who exactly are these "beer cops"? What kind of authority to they have?

Do they work for the state or does the track hire them so they can sell more alcohol?
I'm talking about "Limited Authority Law Enforcement Officers" who work for the State Liquor Control Board. The do undercover and educational work to enforce liquor sales permits. Those people who bust convince stores for selling beer to underage kids and bars for selling after hours are "beer cops".

They would have the authority to suspend the venue's liquor license. If the drinker is underage, it's a County Sheriff or State Patrol matter subject to arrest. Both have a presence at the NW Nationals. Pacific Raceways is a training facility for law enforcement pursuit driving. It has a road coarse.

Dale

Last edited by FireSale; 07-30-2015 at 10:02 AM.
FireSale is offline   Reply With Quote