HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #11
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: It's not just Pro Stocks Problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmie View Post
Try IHRA they will listen to sportsmen!!!!!

same ol bs, try ihra....take a look at my location and tell me where there's an ihra track?
Old 07-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #12
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,612 Times in 1,289 Posts

Ms. Pontiac Maniac , a very insightful post that really got me to thinking...but as Larry Morgan would say....You can't fix STUPID....and I really believe that is what WE are up against. WE all share a passion for the sport where as the board of directors share a passion for the bottom line and their overpaid salaries. They can't identify with us because they have never towed all night long to get to a race because.....they are NOT racers. They never spent an evening thrashing on the car because they are not racers. They are SUITS and they haven't got a clue.The original CAR people are gone . And it's a shame because Wally would not have wanted it this way.....M.J.
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #13
randy wilson

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

I've raced both NHRA, and IHRA, and was treated well by both actually. But Mike Baker at IHRA just makes you feel like all racers truly matter, and when he tears you down after record runs, he's a no bull, business type guy. A class act. Been torn down by NHRA also, but just felt a little out of place. No, not whining. Just a different atmosphere. Just my opinion.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:54 PM   #14
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Ms. Pontiac Maniac , a very insightful post that really got me to thinking...but as Larry Morgan would say....You can't fix STUPID....and I really believe that is what WE are up against. WE all share a passion for the sport where as the board of directors share a passion for the bottom line and their overpaid salaries. They can't identify with us because they have never towed all night long to get to a race because.....they are NOT racers. They never spent an evening thrashing on the car because they are not racers. They are SUITS and they haven't got a clue.The original CAR people are gone . And it's a shame because Wally would not have wanted it this way.....M.J.
Nail on the proverbial head M.J.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #15
BRINK

Liked 140 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Very well stated, M.J.. I couldn't agree with you more.
BRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:19 PM   #16
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
I am sure I will get hammered for this but Wally was in on hiring all the suits that are running the show. The all about the bottom line started long before Wally was gone.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #17
Julie Jordan

Liked 322 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
I am sure I will get hammered for this but Wally was in on hiring all the suits that are running the show. The all about the bottom line started long before Wally was gone.
Exactly!
Old 07-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #18
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Randi Lynn, great post. My two cents would be to allow a Pure Stock category to first show at Divisional races. This would be a stepping stone for new blood and old alike to try Class race at an affordable entry. Second would be a Crate engine class for people stepping up from Pure stock. I know that a lot of people are going to cry foul that stock should be stock but let's not lie to ourselves, stock is really Super Stock now anyways. My 69 Camaro G/SA in the early 80's was a real car, my present 87 Camaro is really a SS car. Acid trenching heads for a stocker is unacceptable, anyways that is my two cents.Randi keep it up love your enthusiast.CR p.s if they start listening to the racer they might notice a slight improvement. By the way Nascar is having the same problem with very low crowds, just look at the Crowning event at Indy it was nearly empty, so we are all having problems.lol Love NHRA Sportsman racing, when I go to events like Indy I show up on Wed and leave on Saturday.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #19
600ci

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacManiac View Post
As all of you know NHRA had their meeting this morning regarding the future of pro stock. While everyone will agree that its time for an upgrade in the class like the changes to EFI.... I can't say that they are attempting to do anything to grow our sport. The sportsman racers have felt it for years. We come to an NHRA race because we want to win some of the most prestigious drag races of all. However, we pay outrageous entry fees, race for little money, get scratched from rounds, pushed to the side....which we might gripe about but at the end of the day it is all worth it to win that Wally. The meaning of that Wally at the end of a Sunday means exactly what Wally Parks wanted it to for us drag racers. It wasn't just meant for the Force family and the Schumachers....it was meant for the Fletcher's, Biondo's, and the Average Joe's too. What I see happening in Pro Stock is just a reflection of how the leaders of NHRA have treated us sportsman racers for years.

Out of the pro stock racers I know... none of them were even asked about what they think would help the class or what they would like to see in the future. Were supposed to believe a press release that says their making efforts to improve our sport and striving towards the future but what about all of us that make up the heart of NHRA.... For example, look at the post from John Gaydosh of face book...

"They are going to kill the little teams like us if you want to see flat hoods and smaller engines go watch super stock or go watch the copo and the Mustang and the chalanger in the factory show down .We like the challenge of trying to go faster with what we have pro stock has evolved in to what it is for a reason. Its the hardest class to compleat in don't complain about a class you don't run in and make changes that you think will make it better with out asking how it affects everybody in the class. I like the change of Turning the cars around and other things but explain to me how this change is going to bring more people to race this class and how this is going to be cheaper for us little guys or anybody else now all the cars are going to be fitted with new front ends and what about the K&N challenge what happens to that sponsor a lot to think about everybody wants to fix something that they don't even spend thier hard earned money on you don't see any of the pro stock drivers complaining about anything but we need more tv time to help promote our sponsors not a split screen with fuel car teams working on their cars show us doing what we do best turn a car around and go and make the best cars out their run fast"

While I personally don't know the answers to fix the class or NHRA... I do know the way it has all been handled is heartbreaking. I feel for the guys who have worked for years with passion for a class they loved, and the ones like Bo who have dreamed of racing such a "drivers" class...all the years of dedication to NHRA didn't matter in the decisions that were made, their opinions didn't matter, their ideas got nothing more than a "next question please" response. I was even told that when Greg Stanfield mentioned raising the purse to help the class with these changes and to help bring in new racers he was told "It is not up for discussion". V. Gains even asked about the future of comp and was told that the sportsman racers are a portion but their not professionals and they don't effect the bottom line.

With all this being said, I ask those of you who love the sport and NHRA like I do... What can we do to fix the problem and take back a sport we love?
my 2 cents Ultra Stock: current pro stock with mountian motor's
Pro stock :current late model F/S cars with 429,427,426
crate motors, EFI, back half stick shift only
Jr pro stock: current late model F/S cars with 429,427,426
crate motors, EFI, 9 inch tires
no fiber glass or lexan for P/S or Jr P/S

EFI, Ethanal haven't done any thing for nascar the stands are not full
my 2 cents We like Pro Mod. top fuel bye bye
600ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:07 PM   #20
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

So I ask this question, what is the one thing that you would do that does not cost nhra, the racer or the tracks any money (nhra and tracks do not have it, racers do not want spend it) that would help class racing?
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote