HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-07-2023, 11:19 PM   #111
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts
Default Re: Driver Interviews

Good job Bobby you edited your pod cast from earlier. Very smart, but if your not guilty then why edit the video?
But lucky someone copied it before you edited it. You know the part where you are ripping on people that use a blinder. If anyone wants to see the unedited version just get ahold of me I will share it.

Last edited by Charley Downing; 02-07-2023 at 11:36 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:36 PM   #112
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 504 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Good job Bobby you edited your pod cast from earlier. Very smart
But lucky someone copied it before you edited it. You know the part where you are ripping on people that use a blinder. If anyone wants to see the unedited version just get ahold of me I will share it.
He shouldn’t have edited it. It’s his opinion. We all have one…..
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:55 PM   #113
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,537 Times in 430 Posts

Dude that's not edited. Watch the whole thing. It's on Facebook and YouTube. But I'd rather you watch (3.5 million times) on YouTube and click on the commercials. Is it possible to edit a live video?
Old 02-14-2023, 02:20 PM   #114
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Compulink Tree Defender? Thank you D2. PA based Fuel Factory joins the game. New Tuesday episode along with Chad Loge's interview and in-car video. Fist bumps for the win.

Last edited by Bobby Fazio; 02-16-2023 at 10:34 AM.
Bobby Fazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:58 PM   #115
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Darin Grossi interview is up. Close 2nd round race..

Old 02-17-2023, 11:40 PM   #116
B Parker

Liked 2,315 Times in 455 Posts

Hey Bob, first hope your done with your move. We are on our 4th month with renovations that were to be done at the beginning of January.

I like most class racers listen to your pod casts. I think it's great that you want to promote our classes. As you and all of us have said we are the greatest traveling car show on the planet. But if you are waiting for anyone from NHRA to promote our classes you are going to have a long wait. As Rush used to say with half my brain tied behind my back I could do a better job.

So knowing they aren't going to do it why don't we. Years ago for the Maple Grove Nationals they would tec us Sportsman racers at a mall about 5 miles away from the track. It was early and we would be off to the side and only bring our cars out enough so the officials could take a look at them. Then off to the track we would go.

With the half the Malls dying I would think you could find one that would let us do a car show on a Wednesday night before a race or a lot big enough. Make a list of everyone that is willing to participate. Grab up to 50 cars. And put on a car show. Find the local popular radio station. Depending on if they will broadcast from the site or just have a couple of their popular DJ's there with a tent and their vehicle with the radio's logo on it. Will change the price. I have done this on a small scale and it works. I didn't do the live broadcast but I did get the DJ's with an easy up tent and a van with their logo. For several days before that night of the show they would advertise that they were going to be there and for everyone to come and join them. It really wasn't that expensive and worked real well. They gave away some prizes and in this case I'm sure you could get the track to throw in some passes. I would include most all of the classes. Kids love Dragsters. Chuck Krepela had brought his Super Comp car to my shows a few times and it was a hit. I've done this at least 50 times. It's not that hard to do. And with great success. Not to put this all on you if you want help I would be more than happy to. The mall will probably want us to get liability insurance for the night. I have had to a couple of times also not a big deal and again not that expensive. BP

Last edited by B Parker; 02-17-2023 at 11:50 PM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 07:23 AM   #117
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,508 Times in 1,971 Posts

Thanks Bobby your interview with the Champ was very informative. Thanks again for the help.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-18-2023, 10:32 AM   #118
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Hi Barry, this is a great idea and I have mentioned something similar to Kyle Koretsky and Shane Sweigart the new gm at Maple Grove about teaming up with the Morgantown Classic Auto Mall which is right at turnpike exit! I think that could be a perfect spot but what do you guys think? Dj, prizes, etc shouldn't be that difficult and like you said, if Maple Grove were to reward those who would take the time to bring their cars there, that would be even better. NHRA has taken a few steps with Joe Costello doing the "Designated" segment and "Attention in the Pits" and given me some stage time at the last two PRI shows so I commend them but we must definitely keep fighting our own fight as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Hey Bob, first hope your done with your move. We are on our 4th month with renovations that were to be done at the beginning of January.

I like most class racers listen to your pod casts. I think it's great that you want to promote our classes. As you and all of us have said we are the greatest traveling car show on the planet. But if you are waiting for anyone from NHRA to promote our classes you are going to have a long wait. As Rush used to say with half my brain tied behind my back I could do a better job.

So knowing they aren't going to do it why don't we. Years ago for the Maple Grove Nationals they would tec us Sportsman racers at a mall about 5 miles away from the track. It was early and we would be off to the side and only bring our cars out enough so the officials could take a look at them. Then off to the track we would go.

With the half the Malls dying I would think you could find one that would let us do a car show on a Wednesday night before a race or a lot big enough. Make a list of everyone that is willing to participate. Grab up to 50 cars. And put on a car show. Find the local popular radio station. Depending on if they will broadcast from the site or just have a couple of their popular DJ's there with a tent and their vehicle with the radio's logo on it. Will change the price. I have done this on a small scale and it works. I didn't do the live broadcast but I did get the DJ's with an easy up tent and a van with their logo. For several days before that night of the show they would advertise that they were going to be there and for everyone to come and join them. It really wasn't that expensive and worked real well. They gave away some prizes and in this case I'm sure you could get the track to throw in some passes. I would include most all of the classes. Kids love Dragsters. Chuck Krepela had brought his Super Comp car to my shows a few times and it was a hit. I've done this at least 50 times. It's not that hard to do. And with great success. Not to put this all on you if you want help I would be more than happy to. The mall will probably want us to get liability insurance for the night. I have had to a couple of times also not a big deal and again not that expensive. BP
Liked
Old 02-18-2023, 11:43 AM   #119
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 940 Times in 259 Posts

Bobby, I think the Classic Car Mall would be a great location for such a show. As you said, right off the freeway, plenty of parking, and with over 600 antique, muscle cars, and collectibles, inside the mall, plenty to see. I stopped by the mall on the way to the Philly airport for my flight home, from Maple Grove, and the place blew my socks off!
Old 02-22-2023, 12:26 PM   #120
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

Was there a Tuesday tell all yesterday? Was trying to watch live but it never popped up and I don’t see the replay posted. I look forward to it every week is why I’m asking. Not complaining. I know Bobby is in the process of moving.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked