Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #41
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Yellowstone Dragstrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom keedle View Post
you guys kill me, bitching about NHRA....
at least MOST of you have a choice (and air )....
you're either gonna run NHRA out here OR you are gonna travel...(i think yellostone is about 600 miles from here..)
600 miles ....sounds like a commuter distance. Half of the races I attend are a 10-14 hour drive one way.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #42
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmantle View Post
Phil, I haven't seen you at any NHRA divisional races over the last 5 years other than Mission so I don't understand what you have to base all your bitching on. DD is a thankless job, I think most of us that run the division 6 circuit appreciated Jonathon's efforts, even if we didn't always agree with him. Maybe you should make Ashcroft (IHRA) your home track.

Jim Mantle 6632 U/V/SA
#1 Check your facts Jim and dont forget National opens or the fact that Jonathon killed Ashrofts Divisional and then the track altogether. You used to be a bracket racer also so you know that some of the divisionals interfere with MRP weekends, I have been the track champ the last 4 out of 5 years. I'll chose a bracket race at my home track over a poorly run Divisional any day of the week. You have no business questioning when or where I chose to race.
#2 If you think Jonathon was doing a good job you obviously never read any of his tweets on race day's about how much he hated being stuck at work when there was a ball game on T.V that he wasn't able to watch.
#3 Next time your at Mission ask Kevin Brennan about the championship jackets ( thats right he is owed more than 1) that Jonathon kept giving him the run around about. He owes Sibley 3!!!!
I feel the same way must of the guys here do, NHRA prices keep going up and we keep getting less. I saw the light and I'm done drinking the kool-aid.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #43
Tom keedle

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Hildebrandt View Post
600 miles ....sounds like a commuter distance. Half of the races I attend are a 10-14 hour drive one way.
i don't have that kind of vacation time....
Tom keedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #44
Dion Hildebrandt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom keedle View Post
i don't have that kind of vacation time....
Neither do I.......multi- car trailer, fly in, or drive in for minimal days, racing partner (aka dad, aka coworker, aka business partner) techs cars in.........we find ways to make it work. Sometimes I curse this freakin 'hobby'/'business' for being so addictive. Also thats why IHRA is a good alternative, no grade points, double headers, they remember the cars when you tech in . etc. etc.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #45
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmantle View Post
Phil, I haven't seen you at any NHRA divisional races over the last 5 years other than Mission so I don't understand what you have to base all your bitching on. DD is a thankless job, I think most of us that run the division 6 circuit appreciated Jonathon's efforts, even if we didn't always agree with him. Maybe you should make Ashcroft (IHRA) your home track.

Jim Mantle 6632 U/V/SA
So Jim did you see a difference at the divisional with a DD that gave a dam about doing his job?

NHRA #643 CC/SA Former V/SA Record Holder.....

Last edited by Phillip marvetz; 06-05-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Phillip marvetz is offline   Reply With Quote