HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #31
fred goodwin

Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Pure Stock Challenge - IHRA

Nice going Dan! I have raced stock and super stock on and off since the early 1980s, that being said I think IHRA pure stock is a great idea! and truly the best (and probably the only) way a young guy could get into class racing! Keep up the good work Dan!
fred goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #32
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fahey View Post
Ken the web master has created our own Pure Stock Forum !

Will be posting more stuff there too.

d

ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:33 PM   #33
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred goodwin View Post
Nice going Dan! I have raced stock and super stock on and off since the early 1980s, that being said I think IHRA pure stock is a great idea! and truly the best (and probably the only) way a young guy could get into class racing! Keep up the good work Dan!
I agree that Pure Stock is a great way to get some of the younger guys into class racing on a budget.

My 1st Class car was a Pure Stocker that I made run the index for under $ 4,000. I wasn't exactly young at the time (51) but it was fun taking a stock car and build it to fit the class rules and run the index.

It's too bad IHRA does not have more races in the mid-west and the western part of the States. I truly believe there would be more Pure Stockers built if they did.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #34
fred goodwin

Liked 33 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMACK View Post
I agree that Pure Stock is a great way to get some of the younger guys into class racing on a budget.

My 1st Class car was a Pure Stocker that I made run the index for under $ 4,000. I wasn't exactly young at the time (51) but it was fun taking a stock car and build it to fit the class rules and run the index.

It's too bad IHRA does not have more races in the mid-west and the western part of the States. I truly believe there would be more Pure Stockers built if they did.
That's true Alan, I should have said someone on a budget! not someone young! Even myself pure stock would be a great way to go, but as you said you are limited to the races you could attend, due to a pure stocker being limited to IHRA races only!
fred goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:05 AM   #35
Rick Schilling

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMACK View Post

I agree. In the 70's, when NHRA had Pure Stock, I wanted nothing to do with it. Today, if there were more IHRA tracks within a reasonable distance, I would build one in a heartbeat.
Rick Schilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #36
efi v6

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I also agree ihra pure stock is a great start for just getting in the game or ona budget. I also think ihra should open up pure stock to late model cars!!! There is alot of them out there and they do want a place to race competitively with rules on mods that they can do them selfs and learn and have fun. Hey Alan maybe ihra would get tracks closer to both you and me nothing close in jersey ether. Well just some thoughts i would share.
Tony K.
efi v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #37
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by efi v6 View Post
I also agree ihra pure stock is a great start for just getting in the game or ona budget. I also think ihra should open up pure stock to late model cars!!! There is alot of them out there and they do want a place to race competitively with rules on mods that they can do them selfs and learn and have fun. Hey Alan maybe ihra would get tracks closer to both you and me nothing close in jersey ether. Well just some thoughts i would share.
Tony K.
Slow down Tiger. Now you want guys to drive in off the street, change to slicks (maybe) and run Stock elim?
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #38
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Slow down Tiger. Now you want guys to drive in off the street, change to slicks (maybe) and run Stock elim?

YEAH that is what I did for a good while running IHRA..!
Called Old School !!
In fact did that for 15 years Bracket racing.
After breaking a few things bought a trailer last year.

Dan
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #39
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by efi v6 View Post
Tony K.
Tony...I agree and have to work on them.
Seems they rely on NHRA for the Specs.
Yet we did the due diligence to get your Mustang certified.
Also need the community to help push this..

I will bring this up with Jon O'Neal when I meet them.
2005 as the limit ... at least increase it one or two years at a time.

Dan
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:44 PM   #40
efi v6

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dan,
Just so everyone knows i did send Mike Dunn a E-Mail on what happen with the mustang and how much work me and you along with others to get ihra and Mike Baker to approve it for pure stock only to have it taken away a few months later by a year limit witch imo should be current and back. Hacksaw as far as driving your car to the track and racing,whats wrong with that ! Open you eyes my friend this is how it all started. Even Big Daddy use to drive his superstock car to the track when he started racing. Dan if there is anything else i can do let me know.
Tony K.
efi v6 is offline   Reply With Quote