HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 PM   #31
Z28-69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 2008 Ford Super Duty F-350

Thanks magnum and too all the other guys here that have posted some really valuable information. We have the truck back at home, and in a five mile trip home the trucks oil level went above where it should be by about 1/2 inch. Want to take to another dealer but yes they flagged it, so they are kind of tied too. I understand! We already figured out that this is not an easy motor replacement, (remove the cab) so we figure dealer/tech was not going above and beyond and if they do and Ford dont pay them for their time....I understand that too. Nobody should work for free. Dont know if it's true or not but yes I did hear Ford and International are having pissing matches. Not really our problem but guess i'm in the middle. I caught it quick enough I think that I really don't think that there is damage. I think if the injector or injectors get fixed it should be good. Am I thinking right? If oil got into the turbos for short time would that ruin them? I understand that in order for Ford to want to warranty new motor for another 100k they want everything replaced, but to me It's a waist. Just fix the injector. I believe it happened in matter of miles not days.
Z28-69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #32
partsbob67

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts

this is bs. ford pays for diesel warranty work. justy because these techs are lazy is a load of crap also. get hold of ford customer service and get some satisfaction. not your fault the truck broke down.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #33
Z28-69

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsbob67 View Post
this is bs. ford pays for diesel warranty work. justy because these techs are lazy is a load of crap also. get hold of ford customer service and get some satisfaction. not your fault the truck broke down.

What I meant was that if dealer goes and does all the work and then Ford rejects the waranty. This is not the only truck locally that is going through this. There is many I am finding out....and Ford has not been covering them. So this is probably going to get ugly! I'll keep you guys informed as to the out come.
Z28-69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #34
keith ohanesian

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Weather you fix your truck or not you now have no warranty... That's crazy. You have to do what the other people have said. Contact a lawyer and the state attorney. Ford should and will fix this truck You do have fuel leaking into the motor and it sounds like it is an internal leak not an injector. If fuel is coming out your exhaust I would say it is an injector. I have a 6.0.. Knock on wood I popped the head gaskets one time in 130,000 miles. Ford also took care of that. As long as you have had no programmer on the truck since new they have to cover it! You should also send out your own oil sample. There is a forum (diesel garage) on here these guys send out there oil all the time. But for yourself you need to know what is going on. You don't know what truck these scum bags got the oil from...... This forum the diesel Garage is great, there are a lot of techs that are on it and they will give you the right ways to go about these problems you have.. dieselgarage.com... These trucks are very hard and expensive to work on!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #35
gmonde

Liked 166 Times in 59 Posts

i am ase master tech/shop foreman incharge of a fleet of school buses(international) that use the 6.4 aka max force 7 single turbo charger and we have seen the same issue with these units making oil as well,we are a international dealer and these so far have been pretty reliable ,international had supplied engines to ford fo many years the 6.0 liter was known for eger coolers failing internaly and pushing coolant into the exhaust causing white smoke ,now the new 6.4 has the new high presure comon rail pump, the pump is in the center of the engine in back that runs off the timing gears in the back of the engine ,and is under a cover that houses pump and fuel lines ,,,the ones that are making oil have had internal failures causing fuel to leak in to the crank case ,,,an oil analysis should be able to tell you if fuel is in the oil,,,(we have our own analizer thaT burns samples ) also have injectors fail with small fuel leaks ,,your ford dealer should cover this if they dont they should be taken to court ,,,not saying anything bad about the ford service dept but as we all know there are not many good techs that work at these dealers any more and the techs that do are young and fresh out of tech school and they do not have any experience and the service advisor is at the mercy of these guys ,,its easy to just say the engine is shot ,,its easier to install a drop in engine than it is to do a inchassis repair
my advice keep pressing the issue $21000.00 is alot of money like mentioned file a claim it might take time but it will be worth it gmonde
gmonde is offline   Reply With Quote