HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 339 Times in 133 Posts
Unhappy IHRA Cancels Cayuga National Event

They said it would happen if committments were not honoured and guess what....??

http://www.ihra.com/article/2762.html
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
larry lomascolo

Default Re: IHRA Cancels Cayuga National Event

i heard the owner of the track is a real f%$#@ hole,and now that is fact,I.H.R.A let a few things slide last year,not this time,comunity will take a little hit.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #3
SSGN

Liked 132 Times in 47 Posts
Thumbs down Re: IHRA Cancels Cayuga National Event

That is more bad economic news we really don;t need.Our economy needs these events and our local racers support it greatly.I hope this can be settled for 09.
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven Novosel View Post
it's A Shame Cayuga Couldn't Get The Repairs Done In Time....but Instead Of Cancelling The Event Move It To Grand Bend....i Sure The Racers Wouldn't Mind Traveling There To Race...and The Community Of Grand Bend Wouldn't Mind The Extra Income!!!!!
Move It To Sanair!!!!
jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thumbs up Re: IHRA Cancels Cayuga National Event

how about ny international raceway park????
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

They added a Sportsnational at Pittsburgh in conjunction with the Divisional. The SN will be Sunday, double pro-am on Fri& Sat.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoh815 View Post
how about ny international raceway park????
That gets my vote!!
Dave Turner #1153
Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
SSGN

Liked 132 Times in 47 Posts

This could also be a result of no sponsors for the event...As the prices go up it is more difficult to keep hobbies afloat.
SSGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
Ven302

Liked 28 Times in 6 Posts
Thumbs down Re: IHRA Cancels Cayuga National Event

Please don’t take my racing away,

The recent announcement regarding the dropping of the IHRA National Event in September leaves a black eye on the Canadian drag racing fraternity. It is a true shame that both parties here could not have come to a better resolve. It does however cast doubt on the integrity of Toronto Motorsports Park as well as the ability of IHRA to lead track operators with a clear path to sound physical plant management leading to a brighter financial future. The shame is that all of this falls on the backs of the ones who can least afford it, that being the drag racing fan. I wonder what help IHRA has provided in mapping out a plan for success with the ownership/management, notwithstanding the ownership/managements inability to ensure completion of these requirements. I imagine Mr. Polburn feels no other way but to pull the event and I am sure Mr. Bieri feels the “list” is financially too difficult, I wish that there could be transparency here but fear that we will hear two distinctly different stories, somewhere in the middle will lay the truth. As a fan and a racer I am sad to see this event scrubbed and implore both parties to fix this problem. The fans that sit in the seats on Saturday night spend a lot of money to be treated in this manor. As racers it is also unfair that we lose another “playground” As for the bleed off business of the event I am sure the tills will be ringing a sour note on that September weekend. Being a novice traveler and having enjoyed some of the great American venues I have to wonder is TMP really that bad or are we just pawns in a game of egos?

I have customers who have invested in the sport of drag racing what with motor homes, race cars, trailers and equipment. They will be truly unhappy in this recent event, ironically the event that brought home to them the point of how great drag racing can be. I am asked in the bank and at the grocery store “when is the big race?” My answer as always is “you have to see the show that is put on by the IHRA and TMP at the national event. These same people would not be interested if it wasn’t for the energy that a national event brings to the area. I fear that the IHRA might be turning their backs on TMP what with no announcement for reinstatement for the 2009 year. This lack of information leads to a lot of unanswered questions. Will the list of upgrade requirements be published to prove that the requirements are fair and in the best interest of the racers? Does this list of “must haves” fit all national event tracks? If the track comes through with the upgrades what will be the process for re instating the event? Does IHRA expect so much that the ownership is not willing to jump through the hoops to secure the event? The point I am making here is there is a credibility gap with both parties and this should be addressed in a timely manner. Making an announcement stating TMP is not ready and offering no plan or policy to follow is unfair to the racers and the fans. Likewise it is also unfair that TMP has not taken the IHRA position seriously enough to sit down and make it happen. I find it hard to believe with the seats that are filled for this race that both IHRA and TMP cannot make this event happen, everybody loses...

Last edited by Ven302; 06-13-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Ven302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #10
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Polhill View Post
Dave are you voting to send a race out of Canada?? Yikes
Only for this year Steve, only for this year......
Dave Turner #1153