Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs down Am I The Only One?

Am I the only one who thinks the communications of race stats and coverage has gone down the crapper? I realize that there are costs associated with maintaining round by round coverage of the Divisional races of both sanctions however this is the computer age, is it not?

The President says he has a pen and a phone that enables him to run this country. Don't the NHRA and to a lesser degree the IHRA have a pen and a phone? There are no less than three divisional races going on this week and there is NO COVERAGE at all on any of them! If it weren't for a few dedicated racers messaging or emailing pictures of the Q sheets and an occasional post here on ClassRacer.com, we wouldn't even know there were any races going on.

Two years ago the communications were great! Summit was supporting and several other companies were also to a smaller degree. What happened??? At all races there are Q sheets and Round sheets made up every round by both the NHRA and IHRA. What does it take to stick one in a fax machine or email them to Drag Race Central or one of the other sites? Waiting until the night after or the end of the weekend for results is a return to the communications dark ages.

Even Joe's Stats has gone from four times a year to so far, one publication and pdf. email this year! Are the sanctioning bodies not communicating with him also?

IHRA does a much better job all the way around in my opinion as they have live feed video on many of their Divisionals and Finals. NHRA could take a lesson from them. IHRA has been doing and expanding this for two years now and I am really surprised that NHRA hasn't picked up on this, heck, they can't even pick up their phone and pen and fax the results to Drag Race Central! I'm sure if they were asked, Summit or (and) Jeg's would be glad to pay for some of the pens and paper for a little advertising support!

This is getting ridiculous! It IS the computer age guys!
Jim (sitting in the dark).

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #2
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: Am I The Only One?

You're not alone Jim its baffles me how we have gone backwards.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

I hope Larry will attest to the fact that I have always been very appreciative of Dragracecentral. For years it has been the best bargain in drag racing. The diminished race coverage is a microcosm of the times we are in, that is, a huge percentage of the money is flowing to the top with the underlings getting the scraps. Dragracecentral can cover the national events because that is where the money is made. nhra appears to be building its cash reserves for some odd reason (maybe they owe a big bill and it is coming due) so you can't expect diddly from them. In reality it's just an economic cycle, but you better get used to it because big money has not finished feeding at the trough. Not just yet!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

Well, Bruce, those were two not-so-veiled references to the look-see into NHRA's operation.......any updates, or is it under wraps?

Inquiring minds want to know
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts
Exclamation Re: Am I The Only One?

absolutley NO reason NHRA cannot just copy past and put it on thier own DAMN Website... we do live scoring from bowling tournaments with game by game posting to our websites and often facebook pages...

these guys are clowns...

jack mccarthy
8.46 @ 160 STOCKERS woowoo !
Old 10-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
67 Post GS

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

I wouldnt believe what the president days. Pen or not!...
Old 10-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #7
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

the big reason I went to 3 books a year (and books are in the mail right now cause I got mine yesterday) is the killer cost at the post office, I'm getting my stuff from NHRA just fine after every weekend, now IHRA stuff, all I'll say is "no comment" some of you have seen the sheets I get. sending out more pdf files is strictly my fault this year, I have had a hard year personal wise and will shape up in 2015. The stats coming to everyone is the ones after indy and then as soon as world finals is done I'll get the end of year ones to Howell Printing (which does me a great job since day one) to get them out to everyone, plus I'll send divisional stats out to everyone I have e-mails for (if your a subscriber). On the DRC deal, I'll not say anything, that's there deal.
Hope this helps a little
Joe
Old 10-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #8
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree that the lack of coverage is not a good thing for our sport and it shouldn't be that hard for people who already have the connections to just email or fax round sheets.

BTW I just received my Nitro Joe's in the mail!

Thanks Nitro!
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:00 PM   #9
John Kelley

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

ALL of Divison 4 races were covered thanks to sponsors !!
Bobby Woods Racing, Sunset Racecraft and racing engines and Orteq Energy are footing the bill.I'm sure you could contact Larry Sullivan to get the details. Then get some sponsors in your division to go in and get the same deal. There must be some buisinesses that would get together to get the results posted......like the old days !!
Just a thought.......
John Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
Tom P

Liked 213 Times in 85 Posts

Certainly it's gone way down. I was watching Bangshift live video of the Cal. HotRod Reunion but the results posted on DRC seem to have been from someone who never saw it. "No show" to a guy who broke on the burnout and left the car sitting about 300 feet and another called a "no show" to the TF finalist who left before the tree.

I didn't hear anything about the Indy Open till well after the fact
I only heard about Ray Paquets amazing eliminations performance today in the results. An 8.69...wow. Still have no idea how many set records.

I heard the rights to the Street Car Supernationals was sold to a Pay Per View company again and Bangshift won't be covering that this year. So even when somebody is willing to provide it doesn't always get to happen.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote