HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #11
John Duzac

Liked 85 Times in 20 Posts
Smile Re: Data collection

Goog: I'm glad you asked this question. But first, Don't be a Goober-Head! Not very many cars run a stick combo. And for that reason, I believe is the most likely reason you have not received an answer. Most racers do not run a stick because they are afraid of the can. I tried running my car with the sensor on the pinion only. I had two different data loggers with not much luck. I am now going to buy a Racepak and will put the sensor on the input. The only advise I can give to you is when you get up and running, Always use your clutch to shift gears. I would never attempt to shift without using the clutch. What a scary thought!
What ever you do, get a good data logger. Stay away from the one made in Chicago! Poor product and service to match!
Good luck with your project.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #12
Goog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: pick up

I have spoken to Jerico about placing an order, and the RPM pick up. They can drill the input, or what I like much better is, make a collar that goes on the cluster. Then drill an tap the case for the pick up. I like this arrangement because it keeps everything out of the bell. I'm holding off on my order to see if clutchless trannys are approved. My personal opinion is they should not be allowed. I say this while I own a 5 speed Lenco. - Tom
Goog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts
Default Re: Data collection

I run a stick but I use the Autometer Ultimate II Playback tach. 2 supplied magnets go on the driveshaft and the tach records engine RPM and driveshaft RPM. This info can then be downloaded to the computer or played directly on the tach. If you download to a computer, the graphs of each are laid over each other so you can determine where if any clutch slippage is occurring.