HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-19-2015, 10:19 PM   #31
Bobby Brannon

Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: Why Class racing dies slowly

Confused is Dick a Classracer? If you are racing for $$$$. Sorry really.

Last edited by Bobby Brannon; 07-20-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Bobby Brannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:20 AM   #32
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
Guys, Thanks for all the comments. Sounds like everyone is pleased with the racing in eliminator and class as it stands. I loved to attend the points meets and race dial in too. I just liked Class better as a personal challenge to get the most out of my car I could on that day against similar cars and drivers.
Thanks again.
Dick, if you like the class/heads up format you still can do that. There is/was guys in Div. 1 who come out, run class or record runs and then go home, or stick around for eliminations. A bit pricey for the return but doable.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:26 AM   #33
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Dick - what you are saying is that you don't want change and want to stay in the past .Should we not allow cars built after 1969 to race in Stock? Sounds to me like you should build a nostalgia S/S car .But wait....even that is based on a bracket format .Not many people know that I really like old cars - but you must realize time marches on and nothing stays the same .

Your thirty - five years didn't teach you that newer ideas come along and you have to go with the flow or stay on the porch ............

FYI NSS is run on a index system, there are no dial downs as in Stock racing.

JimR
Old 07-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #34
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

(Who are these races that came back racing because of the new cars in new classes Nitro? That is the biggest line of crap. Car counts were up at Indy because there was no snow/rain for the first time in 20 years.

1 Economy is a little better so people have a few more bucks and can afford to race a little more.
2 Gas is under $3 so people can afford to travel a little more.

These are the big factors of people showing up to race not New cars in new classes.

Just think how many people would go back racing if gas was $1.50 and PTS payed out more then $150- $200 for a Semi final finish(4-5 round wins). Jimmy Ronzello won $350 for a 4 round combo yesterday at the milan SS/Stk combo. $75 to enter, one day. If he would have won 4 rounds at Indy pts he would have got $120 with a $160 entry three days away from home and two hotel nights. The problem with class racing is real clear to me.

Here is a fun fact
In 1994 at a PTS race it payed out $1000 to win and $500 to runner up in STK and $100 to enter and around $1.25 for gas.
In 2015 a PTS race payed out $1000 to win and $500 to runner up in STK $160 to enter and around $2.75 for gas.
Are we seeing the problem yet?

Last edited by Charley Downing; 07-20-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #35
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Hey Chuck, we might have a solution for both the payouts issue as well as Dick's concern about heads-up Class Racing... Loose Rocker's 2nd Annual Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals has something for EVERYONE! Heads-Up Class Racing for the go-fast guys, Quick 32 CIC for the really go-fast guys, a $3K combo race for the 'bracket' guys, and separate $5K's in Stock and Super Stock for the traditional 'eliminator' guys. Oh, and a $2K Nostalgia Super Stock race for the 'experienced' guys.

http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...t=54693&page=9

Old 07-20-2015, 01:33 PM   #36
ALMACK
VIP Member

Liked 324 Times in 116 Posts

^^^ This

Class Run-offs for all classes.

No combo run-offs.
ALMACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #37
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,610 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
(Who are these races that came back racing because of the new cars in new classes Nitro? That is the biggest line of crap. Car counts were up at Indy because there was no snow/rain for the first time in 20 years.

1 Economy is a little better so people have a few more bucks and can afford to race a little more.
2 Gas is under $3 so people can afford to travel a little more.

These are the big factors of people showing up to race not New cars in new classes.

Just think how many people would go back racing if gas was $1.50 and PTS payed out more then $150- $200 for a Semi final finish(4-5 round wins). Jimmy Ronzello won $350 for a 4 round combo yesterday at the milan SS/Stk combo. $75 to enter, one day. If he would have won 4 rounds at Indy pts he would have got $120 with a $160 entry three days away from home and two hotel nights. The problem with class racing is real clear to me.

Here is a fun fact
In 1994 at a PTS race it payed out $1000 to win and $500 to runner up in STK and $100 to enter and around $1.25 for gas.
In 2015 a PTS race payed out $1000 to win and $500 to runner up in STK $160 to enter and around $2.75 for gas.
Are we seeing the problem yet?
Bingo !! Mike Beard glad you put your class national event on ..You area good race promoter but your not a NoN Profit organization either..You put this race on to Make $ correct?
Old 07-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #38
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Perrone View Post
Bingo !! Mike Beard glad you put your class national event on ..You area good race promoter but your not a NoN Profit organization either..You put this race on to Make $ correct?
Absolutely! No money, no race. If we made as much as that "Not for Profit" organization, I wouldn't tow a slow car with a pickup and open trailer, and the payouts would be even higher! The big money bracket races we promote have steadily increased in car counts over the years, and they have been getting purse increases. Bring all your Div. 1 buddies with you this year, and maybe we can do even better for the racers in 2016.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #39
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,792 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Absolutely! No money, no race. If we made as much as that "Not for Profit" organization, I wouldn't tow a slow car with a pickup and open trailer, and the payouts would be even higher! The big money bracket races we promote have steadily increased in car counts over the years, and they have been getting purse increases. Bring all your Div. 1 buddies with you this year, and maybe we can do even better for the racers in 2016.

It don't get much plainer that that now does it Pineapple Head!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #40
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Matyas View Post
Dick - what you are saying is that you don't want change and want to stay in the past .Should we not allow cars built after 1969 to race in Stock? Sounds to me like you should build a nostalgia S/S car .But wait....even that is based on a bracket format .Not many people know that I really like old cars - but you must realize time marches on and nothing stays the same .

Your thirty - five years didn't teach you that newer ideas come along and you have to go with the flow or stay on the porch ............
Jack, what 35 years taught me is that every year there is a new crop of weak factors to contend with in class if you like to win heads up class. It takes quite a few people complaining before new injected classes were established, New car classes, This issue affects ALL racers in Stk and SS. Building a new weaker factored car is expensive if that's the definition of going with the flow. In regard to "nothing staying the same, I do agree. The uneven factoring just continues get worse to affect who CAN win a class. I give you credit for building a new class car and wish you the best. Hope the cars become closely factored to increase the fun.
Dial in can be won by even the heaviest factored old cars if they qualify. As long as Class is LB per "factored HP" mainly the factoring affects who can win the most in classes.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote