HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2018, 10:40 PM   #21
Barry Polley

Liked 570 Times in 237 Posts
Default Re: COPO Horsepower adjustments

Copo.. Are these facts or is this speculation? Are you saying NHRA is not capable of looking at yours or their car? Nick buys a car, team does their homework, hires great people, produces ET and speed and gets slammed for it. Nice... I don’t run FS but my suggestion is ; buckle up. Nick and the MVT Team are just getting started. I’m impressed. I was there for part of the tear down. There was nothing hidden that I saw. Head, rockers, blower etc.. I am not a LS expert but I am very impressed.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:56 PM   #22
Allen Sherman

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Hey Ross Gregory since I’m the guy you wanna mouth off about on the internet why don’t you at least know what you’re talking about. Or better yet let’s meet up in person one day with both our cars and run them heads up. Let’s say best 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5? Since I had bad luck at Indy and broke everything but the engine it looked bad on paper but I’ve got $5,000 I’ll put up against your $5,000 and we can run heads up whenever you’re ready. I’ll even pay a tech guy to tear them both down after to make sure they’re both legal. Just let me know when...
Allen Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:01 PM   #23
TinSoldier 3215

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: COPO Horsepower adjustments

COPO..... End of the season so get ready for 2019 and when it's time..... THE CALIFORNIA MISSILE MAN will SHOW YOU THAT THERE IS PLENTY MORE POWER LEFT. HES JUST GETTING STARTED. All I can say is do your homework over the winter.
TinSoldier 3215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:25 PM   #24
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,741 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Sherman View Post
Hey Ross Gregory since I’m the guy you wanna mouth off about on the internet why don’t you at least know what you’re talking about. Or better yet let’s meet up in person one day with both our cars and run them heads up. Let’s say best 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5? Since I had bad luck at Indy and broke everything but the engine it looked bad on paper but I’ve got $5,000 I’ll put up against your $5,000 and we can run heads up whenever you’re ready. I’ll even pay a tech guy to tear them both down after to make sure they’re both legal. Just let me know when...
You two should agree to run the same class someplace next year. I would love to watch!
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #25
Allen Sherman

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

DPA you know I’m down for it! LOL i’ve had quite a few months to fix all my Indy carnage so I’m in! I was planning a semi retirement from NHRA raging as my new X275 car is starting to get close to finished but hey I’m alwaya up for some good ole grudge racing
Allen Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:48 AM   #26
Erik Jones

Liked 48 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by copo kid View Post
After reading all this about how the car came from chevy (stock) this way and just a tune it’s all bs. Duncan Michael built my motor to in my car great job he did it is awesome. Here’s the problem 1. Car does not come in that color ya u can wrap it or paint it I know that. 2. Car does not come from factory with 7.50 cert cage it comes with 8.50 cert cage for stock fs/aa. 3. Lamb brakes shocks and struts is not factory Copo stuff strange is. 4. Mark Williams axles is not factory Copo stuff strange is. 5. Switching blower pulleys in Vegas 3 times during an event tells me u were testing your shootout motor by running faster then the rest of the supercharged fs/aa stock copos with tunes by .5 second in 2200+ feet of air little obvious your numbers are factory showdown shootout numbers. 6. Takes 4 guys to maintain a factory (stock) supercharged Copo motor that evidently valve covers never been off till that event? Probly because they were off on the motor on the dyno after 20-30 pulls multiple times. Not believing it.7. 3 inch and 3 1/8 blower pulleys are illegal in stock 3.25 - 3.50 are legal. 8. Shaft rockers are illegal in stock fs/aa 9. What stage of whipple blower is on that motor stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 stage 4 ?. Would like to see the boost psi numbers from the run with your stock motor and rpm. I’m sure factory blower was brought with in the trailor just Incase of a heads up teardown that came the next day after the run giving you time to come up with a plan to make it pass. Kinda funny how the blower was takin off the motor before teardown or Nhra officials were there and brought right into the trailor while leaving the other parts out? Kinda seems little weird. If there was supposedly more power where that came from why so slow your still getting out ran with your shootout motor you can brag when your in the 7.90s and the fastest one out there with your (stock) Copo motor. Sorry but every supercharged stock fs/aa driver that has one knows that this is bs.kinda funny took you all year to get the car out with your stock supercharged Copo motor with just a tune in it right from chevy. seems like everybody that runs in the shootout with their Copo should not have built a motor to run 8.0-8.20 they should’ve just put a (tune) in it. The way the car is now is exactly what everybody does to it when they get it from chevy to build it to run the factory showdown. Pull the motor and tranny put another one in that’s been modified then switch all the suspension and brake components and and the axles and the gears and the shifter and update the cage because you are building a motor with way more power to run faster while you get all the tunes figured out while the motor is on the dyno. If it was mine and I bragged about more to come I would have set the record at 7.90 in fs/xx instead of using my shootout motor in fs/aa to ruin a index and add weight to to everybody’s car that didn’t need it. When you calculate out the numbers of what the (stock) horsepower and torque from the factory motor and setup from a chassis dyno and the weight of the car and the air that day at the track and the speed it doesn’t make any sense it’s so far off.Good job gotta give you credit to get one passed all the Nhra officials that didn’t even look at anything hardly at all and couldn’t figure it out doesn’t mean that the rest of us that own one can’t figure it out. Just like the challenger that ran 7.90s (stock) didn’t even get tore down. I’m sure all the copo guys are very happy with you. Kinda seems funny like a pro stock thing if you know what I’m saying lots of R&D in the shop and money thrown at it then test the new combination oh wait it’s all (stock from chevy) it just turns out you got a motor that makes 200 more horsepower then everybody else’s from the factory (stock) I don’t think so. So far it looks like more power to come isn’t working with the numbers in Pomona I guess after your test session in Vegas you should be faster not slower with your (factory stock motor from chevy just the way it came) haha give me a break . If this motor is so stock maybe you should post pictures of everything in it because stock stuff is not a secret you can break down the parts from chevy and you already have the list of parts from the whole motor when you get the car from chevy. Without pictures not believing any of it. Maybe Nhra will have to make a decision on what cars they consider fs/aa factory 8.50 cert. they should have their own record and weight and not allow fs/xx cars to come in to the class of fs/aa and ruin the index and weight breaks and try to set the record because (factory stock) fs/aa cars were built to run 8.50 and slower for stock eliminator from chevy. they didn’t come modified to run factory showdown with 7.50 cert cages so there needs to be a fine line of what class that car is meant to run and only should affect that class they run in. I’m sure everybody agrees with me on this. Nhra will be getting plenty of emails and heat about this I’m sure so they will have to make a decision on the cars that show up at the events and determine what class they are in even if it means they get looked at at the national events for class racing. I’m sure there will be changes to come.
Hahahaha..... This is epic. I think this goes to number 1 on the Class Racer posts...
Old 11-10-2018, 06:13 AM   #27
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

Is Ross Gregory the "Copo Kid"?
This thread has it all!!
Mike

Last edited by Mike Jones; 11-10-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #28
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,223 Times in 250 Posts

Maybe NHRA should help promote more shootouts. Maybe at National opens or points meets . These type of rivalries could be fun!
I do have to wonder how some people think. Many of the “so called” new cars that came on the scene were super soft from the start. There was a lot of discussion about them. Many of the new car owners were quite smug about how old car racers could work on their stuff or buy a new car. Some of the racers or New to racing racers thought if they bought these factory type cars that they were done spending money and would just be fast without the need to test, modify and spend money. Then “IT” happened. Racers will be racers. It was just a matter of time before the hard chargers with money, time and experience got in on these cars. This cycle will never end. Anyone that has one of these cars and is surprised isn’t familiar with hard core heads up racing. I agree, it sucks if you own one, but if you can’t play with the big dogs, don’t hang out with the class where the big dogs live. If you think there is some trickery going on, show up and race. Protest if you must.I think the idea of a good old fashioned dual at the track like J AS proposed could be a great deal that would be exciting for the class and the people racing. Owning a car and complaining on the internet doesn’t make you fast.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #29
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,834 Times in 1,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
Maybe NHRA should help promote more shootouts. Maybe at National opens or points meets . These type of rivalries could be fun!
I still remember the "good-old-days" back at my old "Alma Mater" (Island Dragway) when they would stage best 3 out of 5 match races between like-classed cars. Mostly Stockers or SSers.
There were lots of big-time rivalries and big-time talent around Div.1 back then.

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #30
Tom Meyer

Liked 303 Times in 106 Posts

No dog in this fight, but somebody missed the boat on this one they should have started a show like street outlaws then instead of have to read all this stuff we could have watched it on TV. Tom