HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-29-2017, 06:27 AM   #1
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Liked 262 Times in 124 Posts
Default Nation wide tour

Ok I've been dreaming of doing this for a while and need help with some details. Here's the plan (dream) to run all of the national events in the country that run S/St. yep all of them Houston, Atlanta, Epping, Chicago, Denver, Sonoma, & Seattle here's where I need your help. I'm looking for tracks in the area of the National even's (or in the travel route) that are a must race at (nice track, cool place, friendly, just treat you good) also local thinks to do and see and place's to eat at in those area's. We'll probably be on the road for a good part of a year so there;s going to be a lot of time too kill. Any help would be greatly appreciated and this will be a on going post of our adventure. Thanks in advance for your help
Robbie Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
dragracer9911

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Nation wide tour

Wow Robbie.

That was always my dream. Motor home, stacker with one or two cars, a stocker and super stocker, and just go south in the winter and north in the summer. Just hit tracks on the weekends and see the sights during the week.

I always figured that seeing the sights out weighted the race tracks that we went to, but hitting some National Events and Divisional events would be too cool along the way.

I hope for you and Teresa, that you can live that dream.

Tom Sr.
dragracer9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #3

Liked 530 Times in 117 Posts

Robbie, What's your race schedule for the rest of the year? Mike McMahan. 2543 H/SA
4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:34 AM   #4
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Tom been dreaming about this for a while. The race's are the excuse to travel around the country and see the sights plus you meet the nicest people at race racks, Mike this years plan is to run Div race's in NHRA Cecil County, probably Atco and Englishtown and Sport Nationals in IHRA MIR, Pittsburg, Farmington, Piedmont, and maybe Empire. Next year the plan will be to start in January with all the winter races then continue following the national schedule that run S/St. What I hope is to see the sights and the country in the areas where the National events with S/St are. The problem is 4 race's are back to back so there's limited time between race's. We are going to do everything we can sight seeing wise wherever we go plus great place's to eat are a bonus (been watching to much food channel). So any info we can get for these areas would be greatly appreciated. This is a once in a life time trip and I want the do it right. Also I'll do my best to post and document the trip on classracer Thanks Robbie
Old 05-30-2017, 07:36 AM   #5
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,664 Times in 851 Posts

Robbie, your trip sounds like great fun. The wife and I travel extensively (this year it's back out west and my 8 year old grandson has joined us to make this one even more memorable). Rather than type a book of recommendations I'll catch up with you at one of the winter races in Florida and make some suggestions. Will say that after the Joliet race make a beeline for Colorado because there are more great riding roads than you can imagine for your Harley day trips. Highway 550 from Ouray to Durango just one of them. Also get your passports because after Seattle you'll want to ride the Icefields Parkway in BC. Lived in Seattle many years and can give lots of tips. A National Park Pass is also a good idea. In the meantime safe travels and good luck at the races and with motorhome tires LOL.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #6
A/SA Fairlane

Liked 44 Times in 17 Posts

From Epping you can go about 2 hours north to the White mountain national forest. Franconia notch rt 112 302 Bear notch Rd Franconia notch areal tram mount Washington auto road. If you prefer the ocean a drive up the NH and Maine coast on rt 1 and 1a would be nice as well
A/SA Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:09 AM   #7
A/SA Fairlane

Liked 44 Times in 17 Posts

If you are staying the week Oxford plains dragway in Maine is a cool little outlaw track that runs a bracket program Friday nights, Are you at Epping this week? I'll look for you Friday what's the car you drive
A/SA Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Jim I'll see you this winter, your trip sounds pretty cool especially having your grandson there. A/SA Fairlane no we didn't enter Epping but with the tour we'll be there next year. Here's a photo our car I think you'll like it.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #9
Julie Jordan

Liked 298 Times in 60 Posts

When you start planning your Sonoma-Seattle part of the journey, let me know. I can give you lots of places to see, things to do!
Old 05-30-2017, 02:51 PM   #10
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

If you're doing this next year, I believe the D5 event would be in Topeka in May and D4 in Dallas in October.