Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #21
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts
Default Re: Force gets beat--YAHOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
A couple years ago Force did all the same things to Get Robert Height into the countdown. Like it or not as long as there are two huge teams with multiple cars in the same class this will keep happening.
Sure is funny is when all the John Force Fans thought that move back then was just fine.If I recall Robert Height went on to win the championship.LOL
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #22
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhuff View Post
Sure is funny is when all the John Force Fans thought that move back then was just fine.If I recall Robert Height went on to win the championship.LOL
Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against John Force I had the privilege to chat with him in Brainard once. When he was just the old truck driver. I was a huge John Force Fan but have grown tired of the Force Racing association that used to be the NHRA, He has done a lot for the sport. But so has Don Schumacher. Neither one should get a free pass. I would much rather see Wilkerson win than anyone he still does it all. The only point I was making is that it has gone both ways.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #23
Nick Heath

Liked 497 Times in 114 Posts

I'm not sure how much of the John Force hatred has to do with his success. Otherwise, we'd see the same level of hatred towards Tony Schumacher, Anderson & Line, Jeg Coughlin, etc.

I loved John Force as a kid when he was having those epic battles with Cruz Pedregon and Al Hoffman, but over the years the traveling circus act (including the scooter rides up and down the return road, etc.) has worn a bit thin. I'd imagine most of the Force haters feel the same way.
Nick Heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #24
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

Team diving happens in the Sportsman classes too with random no shows by your sponsor in the first round,contributing to a 2014 World Championship.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It

Last edited by The Hawk; 11-17-2014 at 09:03 PM.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:55 AM   #25
Mike Schwartz

Liked 189 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
Team diving happens in the Sportsman classes too with random no shows by your sponsor in the first round,contributing to a 2014 World Championship.
I remember all the controversy from 2013. I hadn't heard that there were any issues this year. Is there a thread on it?
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #26
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

Team diving is alive & well in the Sportsman classes--This phenomonen is not restricted to the PRO classes--- 3 very active sportsman teams immediately come to mind---we all know who they are---there are other teams just not as well known as these 3 are, that in a few instances have been doing diving in the last several seasons.
If the team has a clear understanding and total agreement about when one or the other driver will not " give it his best effort" for the overall good of the team they may think it's OK....Personally we "let er rip" at all times if as team mates we meet in eliminations. I do not like drivers diving but we all know it happens...Some are more flagrant than others while others are quite subtle in their approach... FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #27
bigshow2966

Liked 81 Times in 35 Posts
Talking Re: Force gets beat--YAHOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhuff View Post
Yep. I saw Force interviewed live on ESPN a couple days after that race. Guy flat out asked him yes or no if he took a dive for Robert. Force almost swallowed his tongue, and never did answer the question.

Wonder how many championships Force would have if all his team cars hadn't taken the plunge for him?

That's a big reason you have multiple cars.At that level racing isn't a sport, it's a business, and business is business.
bigshow2966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #28
Bill Diehl

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

You have got to give some respect to Force...he made a name for himself and a fortune.....DRAG RACING, the same can't be said about the "businessmen" that drag race just because they can.
Bill Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #29
Ellis V. Buth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=bigshow2966;453378]

Wonder how many championships Force would have if all his team cars hadn't taken the plunge for him?QUOTE]

He won 5 of his championships BEFORE he had any team cars, and he only had 1 team car for at least a couple more. I think the hate has gone WAY too far on Force.
Most people try to find a reason to hate anyone these days it seems, which is really sad. I'm not necessarily a Force fan, I just love the sport and like it or not...he is one of the legends.
Ellis V. Buth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #30
slowpony

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

[quote=Ellis V. Buth;453392]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshow2966 View Post

Wonder how many championships Force would have if all his team cars hadn't taken the plunge for him?QUOTE]

He won 5 of his championships BEFORE he had any team cars, and he only had 1 team car for at least a couple more. I think the hate has gone WAY too far on Force.
Most people try to find a reason to hate anyone these days it seems, which is really sad. I'm not necessarily a Force fan, I just love the sport and like it or not...he is one of the legends.
I too love the sport of Drag Racing. It is probably the only "vice" I have at this point in life. Don Shumacher and John Force are both legends in this sport and deserve appreciation and respect for what they have accomplished. As for the diving, remember that Shumacher still have sponsors that want him to win championships. Force wanted to win for his sponsors just as bad for a parting gift. Millions of dollars in endorsements and advertising are at stake. It is a lot easier to get the check when you are the Champion.
slowpony is offline   Reply With Quote