HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #11
STR001

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Front end rise

Just an update: I took the front moroso springs out of the car today so that I can cut another coil out to get the ride height correct. I noticed that the lower control arm bushings seems to be binding. These are new polyurethane bushings and seem to be thicker than the stock rubber ones. I cut the bushings down some to give some added clearance. It looks like there is no resistance issues that I can tell. So hopefully this help solve the front end rise issue. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Jason
STR001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #12
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

Yes, I used poly on the Mustang as well Jason and had to do some trimming to free it up.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:38 AM   #13
Greg Barsamian
VIP Member

Liked 390 Times in 84 Posts

Look at using these:
https://www.motorstate.com/site/cata...=66&loadord=71
Greg Barsamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #14
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

To be polite, guessing is tough and of course a lot of us have no other way to approach fixing a problem. But there's a complete way out. Complete answers to all of your suspension questions can be found in one book. Very easy to understand too. Very easy. You can buy this book on Amazon used approx. $40 usually. Then you'll have everything you'll ever need to know in one book. It's titled "A Chassis Book - DoorSlammers" by Dave Morgan.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:56 PM   #15
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Had it before there was even an Amazon...still have to put hands on the car. If a book could easily solve all problems then there would be no need for this forum.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:20 AM   #16
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

An exceptionally thoughtless reply. Good for you. Really trumped gathering a complete education right there.

How about this - With the book, you do not need anyone here.

Jesus.....:-/
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:02 AM   #17
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Fulper View Post
An exceptionally thoughtless reply. Good for you. Really trumped gathering a complete education right there.

How about this - With the book, you do not need anyone here.

Jesus.....:-/
Really??? You could have well just quoted yourself Bruce...and let's leave Jesus out of it.

Exceptionally thoughtless reply? You were being condescending suggesting that a book would "completely" negate any need for inquiry or discussion about a specific problem. Books are wonderful things at times, but they do not always provide the wealth of experience from those that have "been there - done that". It is infuriating at times to ask questions and get responses like "hit the search button" or "buy a book". To paraphrase, I believe my reply is "very easy to understand...very easy". Let's just say your reply was poorly crafted and leave it at that. My apologies to Jason for fouling his thread.

Last edited by HandOverFist; 03-16-2015 at 07:30 AM. Reason: more thoughts about the subject
HandOverFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #18
Eman

Liked 105 Times in 60 Posts

Not sure what you mean by recoil. My 90/10's do keep the frt. up, if you let the car down on the lift it takes a while for the frt. to settle. Global West makes bushings that won't bind. I don't have a stocker but I had steel bushings made with grease fittings so the arm just drops freely. It took a few in and outs to cut the Moroso springs down enough to get the reaction I wanted. Those springs can get your heart pumping! Morgan's book is good, but it's not an easy read.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #19
STR001

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Enman: What I meant by recoil was that on the launch the nose would rise and transfer the weight. Then the nose would come down (recoil) and raise up a second time. Only this time the nose would stay up throughout the entire run. I think I have that issue solved since I have freed up the lower control arm resistance. I did come across some nice heavy duty steel bushings for the lower control arms at www.ubmachine.com They look like good quality stuff. Should have them here in a few weeks. For now I shaved down the polyurathane bushings to free up the lower control arms to see if my theory will work. Plan on testing the car this weekend so i will let you know how it goes. Jason
STR001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:39 AM   #20
Eman

Liked 105 Times in 60 Posts

I had a similar problem. The car would launch and the frt. would rise then drop and rise again. A video showed tire spin causing the frt. to drop suddenly. Weight transfer and adjustable rear coilover shocks helped mine.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote