HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #31
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: old Jr. Stock racers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBanana View Post
Doug - Dahkahuna:
Earlier you mentioned that someday you might go to a 375 hp/396. Give me a call before you do that. I learned something about that combo after I went to the 425/427 in My SS/EA. I first tried the 375/396 for SS/FA and gave up on it after I "torpedoed" the motor at M.I.R. What I learned (later) could have made the combo much more viable. You may already have this info, but its worth a phone call.
Dave Colbert 352-408-3712
Dave,,, Would you mind if I passed your number to a young man out here who is pondering that exact SS/FA combo? Hes wanted to try Superstock racing for quite some time and is slowly getting his car together and putting the finances aside, for an engine, when possible as he is raising a family too. Thanks for any info, I'd appreciate your input if it could save him some wasted dollars as well as time.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #32
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: old Jr. Stock racers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahkahuna View Post
OK, Tony I'll see you at the races make a list of what you want to sell, my car is a 2 dr htp also or call me @909 632-8325 I dont have your # How about carbs and manifold? any luck there. Thanks for Checking, I am interested in anything you have to sell just let me know.
I would get the cam from Bullet, with shubeck or sherman lifters. My guess is they would base the profile (duration) off of a cam used in a heavy 283 auto combo. That is the place to start. Best of luck. Post some pictures when you can.
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #33
BadBanana

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geerhead55 View Post
Dave,,, Would you mind if I passed your number to a young man out here who is pondering that exact SS/FA combo? Hes wanted to try Superstock racing for quite some time and is slowly getting his car together and putting the finances aside, for an engine, when possible as he is raising a family too. Thanks for any info, I'd appreciate your input if it could save him some wasted dollars as well as time.
Danny Durham
No problem, Danny
BadBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:08 AM   #34
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Smile Re: old Jr. Stock racers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBanana View Post
No problem, Danny
Thanks, Dave,,,I'll let him know.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #35
qwiked

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldilcher View Post
Tony , I remember you saying----------I never sell anything ! Ha Ha
Saw a picture of the Janes "Ranch" on the Colesy site and It appears he never sells anything ...
qwiked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #36
dahkahuna

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Went by Tony Janes "Barn" today after work and you just can't describe to someone how many parts and stuff Tony has in those garages, its like a organized kaos and he knows about where everything is, thats really scary. I guess if your a car guy like us we all have about the same thing goin on , he just got a head start on most of us! He's a good guy fun to talk with and a straight shooter doesn't mince words like most old timers they just say what they think right or wrong. Get Tony Janes,Chuck Norton ,Vic Hobbs,and anyone else 70 yrs. or older together in a group and listen to old bench race stories now that is funny and priceless just like these guys!
dahkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #37
Tony Janes

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I sell sometimes and throw away very rarely.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #38
ScottFE427

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I knew Ron and Val back then. Speed Trends used to be my regular hang out. I was one of the local kids with a car hoping to make it go faster. Not a lot of stuff avalable for a '70 Buick Skylark though. haha!

Last edited by ScottFE427; 11-20-2011 at 05:51 PM.
ScottFE427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:25 AM   #39
dahkahuna

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

As I have posted on stock/super stock forum the hp factor on the 1955 265 180 hp engine is wrong 25 hp above the factory rating at 205 makes no sense NHRA needs to let the AHFS system work as we have seen . Any dominate combination gets weight when they show more than 1.20 under this engine was penalized without even being run thats unfair.
dahkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote