HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-27-2023, 08:35 PM   #1
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts
Default And so it starts

With around 6 weeks before the Gatornationals officially starts,
I see we have our first withdraw in the stock eliminator category.

Can anyone guess who got the lucky spot today?
Was it spot saving or was this racer just that lucky? You be the judge.

And for those of you that though the GPA deal a few weeks ago was a real thing you are truly special. It was just a funny way of bring up a ON GOING problem that NHRA has yet to ADDRESS and or FIX. Good luck to all you racers with less then 8 grade points this season.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:34 PM   #2
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 842 Times in 192 Posts
Default Re: And so it starts

For those that don’t monitor “live timing”, please expound.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:59 PM   #3
GTS340

Liked 1,068 Times in 334 Posts

Hate the system for sure. I can see its a "Hey I'm getting out my good ole buddy" Could use at the least a waiting list of some sort.. Must be what down to 4 grade points now. Sorry to all the 8 or more grade point racers that wanted a chance.

Paul Haszlauer
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 12:39 AM   #4
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

I took a screen shot on my phone when it filled up so I have easily identified the first change.
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:35 AM   #5
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts

Found it.....

1656 FS/AA Kenneth Miele '08 Cobra FORD 330 MICRO STRATEGIES INC.

Now I know why Ken was so against Charleys new business on here.....

(just kidding!) just post the switch guys. Nail biter watching this unfold!!
Old 01-28-2023, 10:22 AM   #6
Robin Lawrence
Sponsor

Liked 621 Times in 108 Posts

Good Catch Charlie! Lets out that guy and string him up! It's probably one of those sandbaggers running one of them store bought late model race cars.

I bet he doesn't use blinders either.

I will tell you this is funny ****. Poor Ken,

Oh wait, scratch that.......it was ME! Or should i talk in the third person, it was that EFI guy from Holley Robin Lawrence!! There ya go.

Let me deflect a little pressure from Ken as there was no pre conceived plan. As events have changed in my life I need to make scheduling changes.

I have decided to take an early retirement from Holley. It was a voluntary move on my part. I was scheduled to be in Florida and Georgia for 4 weeks. Lights Out, Baby Gators, Gators and the points meet at SGMP.
With my exit from Holley I cancelled my plan. Holley was very good to me with my program. I t was less expensive than flying in and renting cars and hotels. Plus I was able to race.

I had talked with Ken shortly after he missed the entry for the Gators. He was the very first person to say he needed an entry. I was talking about our banner ad ad the Gators was mentioned. At that point I was still going south.

After I made the decision to withdraw I called Ken. Done deal.

Looking back I should have put it up for offers LOL. No that's not how I roll.

Flame away boys!!

You will see once I am no longer with Holley my posts might look more like Billy Nees posts.

I got work to do, gonna kick some 302 COPO ***

Robin

Last edited by Robin Lawrence; 01-28-2023 at 10:24 AM.
Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:50 AM   #7
B Parker

Liked 2,311 Times in 454 Posts

Ken and Robin It's not your fault. The most popular class in NHRA racing and they only allow 50 cars. It fills up in 3 minutes. I put the blame on the person in charge of the car quotas for each class. After seeing how fast it filled up you would hope they would have announced and reopened it the next day same deal adding more spots. If you have a grade point of eight you sponsored NHRA on the local level and should have a reasonable chance to enter a National race. If it's a 50 or 63 car field it doesn't change the number of rounds.

Having said that after all the years watching racers swapping out their spot to let another one in. You would think by now they would have had at least the next 10 racers in each class in order they entered but didn't get in on a back up list. Once someone backs out they would go down that list until the spot was filled.

What you and Ken did has been the norm for the last several years. Even if you didn't let Ken know and just dropped out it would not have guaranteed the next one inline would have received your vacant spot. It's long overdue for the person in charge of quotas to have a bystanders list. Lets hope this gets done so we don't have issues like this. BP

Last edited by B Parker; 01-28-2023 at 10:56 AM.
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:52 AM   #8
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,433 Times in 1,952 Posts

Out of the four racers that withdrew representing all three brands, the three racers that replaced them also represent the same three brands. So no harm no foul.

The sad part of NHRA’s direction is it is alienating customers to the point of I don’t care anymore

Last edited by Larry Hill; 01-28-2023 at 12:23 PM.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 06:31 PM   #9
GTS340

Liked 1,068 Times in 334 Posts

You start to feel like your standing in the cold and the last person holding the extra coffee gets in. I was noticing another spot change. 2 grade points in 2022 plus 6 in 2021 equals 4 average. All is well, systems are a go. Never mind the possible person (s) that accumilated maybe 12-16 grade points in the same time frame that wanted to go but can't get in because they don't play the game.
i can never go to National races that are 20 minutes from my house because I don't think I need 8 races to win a division championship. My math says there are only 7 anyway in division 7. Why is a division championship not only divisional races that you claim your in?

Paul Haszlauer
79 C/SA
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:37 PM   #10
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,074 Times in 766 Posts

Charley,
You for sure are special, in a truly dichotomous way. It's not a bad thing, just in a devious way of being.
Frank
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote