Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech

Old 12-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #61
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Re: Mopar 273-4bbl Combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Precht View Post
Chrysler racers have the factory's books to back them.
Paul, one thing that I have found about Chrysler Racers is that the "factory" books generally say what ever the Racers want them to say. When I go looking for the reality of it all, I go to the collectors and restorers. Cars worth hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars on the auction block aren't pieced together with a Racers hearsay.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #62
Rod Greene

Liked 203 Times in 72 Posts

I told James to post on here about the car he wanted to build. Certain people have turned this post into something else. I think if someone new wants to get involved in class racing they should be encouraged not deluged with all the BS that this has turned into. I for one am thankful he is not a sheep and building another Camaro.

Last edited by Rod Greene; 12-02-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Rod Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #63
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts

and you're absolutely right. I would never want to discourage anyone building whatever it is that they want to build (especially a Stocker!). Good luck with your build Mr. Miller and have fun with it!

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #64
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Greene View Post
I told James to post on here about the car he wanted to build. Certain people have turned this post into something else. I think if someone new wants to get involved in class racing they should be encouraged not deluged with all the BS that this has turned into. I for one am thankful he is not a sheep and building another Camaro.
Absolutely correct Rod, I am guilty as charged....and I am going to flog Billy Nees next time I see him....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:15 PM   #65
Frank Bialas

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleydog View Post
What hoods on Chrysler? Or correct what?
Hey dog not sure what MR. D.C. is referring to? But fact is in 1966 MOTHER MOPAR had NO fresh air on anything, no books required!!! NONE!!! but they're out there.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:13 AM   #66
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

I can appreciate Mr. Nees appreciation for keeping Stock pure, but I think the horses knocked down the barn and burnt it to the ground. All the Edelbrock heads and whatever else that has been approved, but on the other hand I can sympathize with someone running an old combo like a MW Mopar and trying to find good old heads and crossram, or even worse aluminum body panels. I'm sure a lot of racers with other brands have the same problems.

We did get a bit off track from my original request for suggestions. I've talked to Paul Wong a bit and got some good advice from him and others. I'm not out to set records or whatever. I am having trouble throttling my engine builder back as his thing is Full Tilt Boogie Engines. I don't want to pour that much money into the project.

Thanks for everyone's input and info. I didn't think I'd hardly get a post on here and the thread sort of had a life of it's own. I didn't know there were so many (less than 10 really, but that's still a lot for a 273 Mopar) people interested in this combo.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:32 AM   #67
Coleydog

Liked 46 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Bialas View Post
Hey dog not sure what MR. D.C. is referring to? But fact is in 1966 MOTHER MOPAR had NO fresh air on anything, no books required!!! NONE!!! but they're out there.
I'm pretty sure you're right about that, I can't remember seeing anything at that time. What car are they using the fresh air on? Very few models had scoops thru those years 62-69, only Max Wedge, Hemi or 440-6. 70 up there where a lot. Almost forgot, air grabber on the RR-Super Bee. How could they get that allowed? Ask the old guys, they know. That's why I like the Stockers, right off the show room look. Makes me feel like I'm back in those days again.
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote