HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-22-2016, 04:30 PM   #21
burton5809

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Tru start poll Division 6

I am FOR Tru start and have been from the beginning. We don't have a rule where the first car that breaks out loses, so same rule should apply on the starting line. Either way, it will not change the way I race.

Brad B
burton5809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:53 PM   #22
west coast

Liked 103 Times in 45 Posts

Ok I have 32% of the division Stock and SS response for the Tru Start. Most responses were from stockers, so lets here from the SS crowd. Thanks to every one that has responded here on Classracer, PMing me and answering my texts. I still need more responses so if you know some one make sure they have gotten a hold of me. One thing I have learned doing this poll is not every body knows the facts about Tru Start. If Peter could explain how it works and state the facts here that would be great. I started this thread to be impartial and not push my own opinion but I think the facts how it works to give every body the facts. I wasn't limiting the discussion to just Div 6 just the voting for this poll. Thanks to every body for the responses. More to come.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:08 AM   #23
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,411 Times in 1,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ash View Post
Post #16, #17, and # 19. Go back and read post #1?
You mean you're only supposed post a vote...nothing else? Hmmmmm.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:56 AM   #24
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by west coast View Post
Ok I have 32% of the division Stock and SS response for the Tru Start. Most responses were from stockers, so lets here from the SS crowd. Thanks to every one that has responded here on Classracer, PMing me and answering my texts. I still need more responses so if you know some one make sure they have gotten a hold of me. One thing I have learned doing this poll is not every body knows the facts about Tru Start. If Peter could explain how it works and state the facts here that would be great. I started this thread to be impartial and not push my own opinion but I think the facts how it works to give every body the facts. I wasn't limiting the discussion to just Div 6 just the voting for this poll. Thanks to every body for the responses. More to come.
Yes, that would be great James if someone could explain exactly how it works. I thought I understood it just addressed the starting line issue, but the more posts I see the more confused I am about the entire concept.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:16 AM   #25
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 236 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOverFist View Post
Yes, that would be great James if someone could explain exactly how it works. I thought I understood it just addressed the starting line issue, but the more posts I see the more confused I am about the entire concept.
Ditto. I hit the Web for better details and found out CompuLink is working on an Infrared Wall to replace the current beams. We will start the clocks with the front most part of our cars rather than the front wheels.No good write up on Tru Start with details on what the lights and scoreboard do though...
Old 11-23-2016, 06:07 AM   #26
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

If this is all it is doing it will be great...anything further would just complicate needlessly.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #27
Peter Biondo
Sponsor

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

The basis of Tru-START is to have the same starting line "rules" in a handicapped race as would be in a heads up race where in a double red-light situation the WORST red would lose.

The way TruSTART works is pretty simple

In a double red situation, The Worst Red Light Loses... Period.
Regardless of if its a handicapped race, a heads up race, and regardless of the dial ins.

If Driver "A" is -002 Red and Driver "B" is -.018 Red; Driver "A" would be the winner regardless of which driver actually left the starting line first.

Visually, Tru-START was designed not to show the red light or scoreboard win light until both drivers leave the starting line. At that point the appropriate red-light(s) will be shown and winning scoreboard/ win-light will light up.

Below is a video Kyle and I did describing it before we used it at our Spring Fling events in 2016. The feedback we received post race was overwhelmingly positive.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:37 PM   #28
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts

Thanks for the info Peter. Seems very simple after reading your description of Tru-Start. The racers I have talked to are divided about the use and mostly from not understanding the system completely. I hope all the local racers involved in James Boyce's poll will read your post.

I may not be a racer anymore, but I am involved in the sport locally. I help with the combo races held each year at Pacific Raceways. I have come to know many of the racers and I think we all get along just fine.

Last edited by Carguy49; 11-23-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #29
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

In a heads up race, the worst red light is also the first & losing, right? Same as a handicap pairing now. Am I missing something?
Old 11-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #30
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So is this only for div 6?
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote