HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #71
Byron Worner

Liked 28 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: National event chaos?

How about having the "New" Pro Stock and Pro Mod at points races?
Byron Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #72
cmracing

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken robinson View Post
I agree with Billy we should have a vote , with the money spend on membership fee's and all the other costs , its like owning stock in a company / nhra with no say . SSGT mustang has a very good point ....Let the bracket cars 8.50 /10./& 11.5 , come be the filler for $330 and 3days off out of the work week....O wait they let them in on sat am for less $$$
Not sure if any of the National Events have had OPEN Index Racing. Several tracks have invited a few cars to participate, for free, for a Wally and $$$. I may jump in my 11.50 car to try that out also........

I do like showing up on Saturday for a $60 entry, payout based-on entries, I got $250 for R/U at Maples Groves Divisional this year. I'm fine with being filler.

No way in he!! am I paying $330 for a National Event. Won't pay $170 for a Divisional either. I can enter big $$$ Footbrake Races for less money and a shot at $10K.

You wanna know what's killing Stock/Super Stock, and Sportsman racing in general. You already know, NHRA greed!
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:07 PM   #73
Sam Murray

Liked 57 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post
Nero grab your fiddle...
Perfect Dan!
Old 12-07-2016, 12:50 AM   #74
Cotten

Liked 485 Times in 58 Posts

I think some of you may be misunderstanding the "no tech".

As Jody Lang stated earlier in this thread. I also received an email before the fall vegas race and the finals stating that I had the option to participate in a trial program where I was able to go directly to the credential trailer with my tech card.

It further stated that spot checks (I assumed for belt expiration etc) would be conducted during qualifying.

I don't believe the program is meant to eliminate tech but to speed the tech in process up. I assume and hope performance oriented tech will continue, at least at the current level.

I am not happy about the prospect of random pairing however, certainly not the no stacking., as that is a big part of my social life.
Cotten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:03 AM   #75
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotten View Post

As Jody Lang stated earlier in this thread. I also received an email before the fall vegas race and the finals stating that I had the option to participate in a trial program where I was able to go directly to the credential trailer with my tech card.

It further stated that spot checks (I assumed for belt expiration etc) would be conducted during qualifying.

I don't believe the program is meant to eliminate tech but to speed the tech in process up. I assume and hope performance oriented tech will continue, at least at the current level.

I am not happy about the prospect of random pairing however, certainly not the no stacking., as that is a big part of my social life.
Thanks for the clarification of the "no tech" term.
boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:26 AM   #76
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Question Re: National event chaos?

Quote:

I thought I read that S/SS were laddered from the first rd as always. The .90 cars are random run. Am I wrong? Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:38 AM   #77
theworm

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

so what happens to the e t I system they have now ? its just like not going through tech other than still having to wait in long lines while other cars get teched in. with no stacking do we just drive in and self park?
theworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:44 PM   #78
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,040 Times in 272 Posts

Quote:

You know, between a couple of days of work, 10 hours of driving, and 3 days at the PRI Show, where I saw a lot of my racing friends, no, not just friends, but my racing family, there's been a lot of time to think about this news, and discuss it with some of the family.

One of the first things that came up is the NHRA officials that take care of us, who are part of our family, too. The people who don't race, but come to the track, and make it possible for us to race, for the love of the sport, and their racing family, because they sure ain't doing it for the money.

So when NHRA starts cutting the budget for tech, and the people who park us, what happens to those NHRA people? Yeah, what about our friends?

And then, as mentioned above, there's the social part of racing, because we sure ain't doing this for the money. Yes, we're doing it to go fast, and to compete. But as a close friend said today, when we're not racing, we're hanging out, cooking together, eating together, working on our cars together, so, yeah, where we park is important. And our NHRA friends know this, the know us, and they do a good job of parking us close to our friends, because it means a lot.

They're going to push all of this on us, and tell us it's no big deal, and we should just take it and go on. But as one guy told me Friday, this is not something to take lightly, and it looks like a bad omen for our sport.

You know, when you think about it, when a car rolls through the gate with a driver and usually at least one other person, that's around $400. So with an 80 car quota, several sportsman classes are bringing in about $32,000 per class. And that's just getting through the gate. Never mind what gets spent inside the gate, or the membership and license fees.

Sportsman drag racing contributes a pretty fair amount to NHRA's bottom line.

And that does not even take into consideration what racers spend on cars, parts, and rigs. And a lot of the companies we buy from contribute a fair amount as well.

And yet, NHRA continues to short sheet sportsman racing and treat the racers like second class citizens.

I think my friend was right, this looks like a really bad omen for our sport.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:54 AM   #79
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

So you and others were at PRI for several days. Did you or anyone else casually bring these items up at the for discussion with NHRA?
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #80
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjohnston View Post
So you and others were at PRI for several days. Did you or anyone else casually bring these items up at the for discussion with NHRA?
Was under the impression that there was a SRAC meeting at PRI...would expect something semi-official to be forthcoming.

Having so many great conversations with NHRA tech people over the years it's hard to swallow that NHRA is headed this direction. The very NHRA people we regularly interface with represents the 'true' NHRA, not the corporate carpetbaggers who migrate through headquarters with visions of increasing their compensation packages.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote