HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-06-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
Bob Gullett
VIP Member

Liked 414 Times in 92 Posts
Default Lending out race car parts.

Throughout a race season all of us at one time or another loan out a part or borrow a part. And 99.99% of the time we remember who we borrow the parts from or lend to. This past season I loaned out a MSD Pro Coil (new) and never got it back. And do you think I can remember who I loaned it to? Of course not. And yes I usually right down who I lend to. And I'm sure the person I lent it to forgot as well. But as most of us know after you reach 50 the memory isn't what it used to be. Wouldn't even noticed it was missing but going to the dyno this week and was going to use it and it wasn't in the trailer. Maybe I'll get lucky and its a member of Classracer and he'll read this post.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 678 Times in 262 Posts
Default Re: Lending out race car parts.

Bob,
Funny you bring this up. I bought a set of Roadster headers from someone and it took me a while to see if they fit. Then when I got around to trial fitting them a lot of "Life Issues" came up and I forgot who to pay. I can't even remember if it was someone on this forum or Inside Comp Racing forum. Are you sure it wasn't a set of headers you lost instead of a coil? Bob, now my wife tells me that she thinks I paid for them....OH, No!
Old 12-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
ssracer3821

Liked 113 Times in 30 Posts

We keep a dry-erase board in the trailer and write down everytime we loan a friend something. Makes it easier
ssracer3821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:35 AM   #4
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs down Re: Lending out race car parts.

just say no every time somebody drives in the driveway its not to see you its to borrow something
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:05 PM   #5
Dan Fahey
VIP Member

Liked 180 Times in 110 Posts

I have some Tools "SO RARE" that I could sell them at Mecum for a huge profit.

I lent them out and they got returned !

Dan
Dan Fahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,886 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Whaley View Post
just say no every time somebody drives in the driveway its not to see you its to borrow something
Damn, I was on my way to your house!
Old 12-07-2015, 02:12 PM   #7
Tom Nolan

Liked 61 Times in 10 Posts
Cool Re: Lending out race car parts.

Borrowing parts, pieces, tools are all a part of our racing community! I have borrowed, rocker arms, push rods, head gaskets, electrical fuses, bolts.....I hope that I replaced everything! I also have lent out, and or gave out what ever someone has needed, if we have it. Our policy has always been if we need to borrow something we need to replace it and carry what ever it is as a spare. If we forget remind us.....it would never be intentional.

Last edited by Tom Nolan; 12-07-2015 at 02:17 PM. Reason: c
Tom Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
mykids

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Adger Smith ----- I think I sold you set of Roadster header's back some time ago but you paid me I am sure however if you want to send me your e-mail address on a PM I will look up our communication - Bob
mykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #9
Bruce Fulper

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Smile Re: Lending out race car parts.

Borrow parts? How about borrowing cars? :-) This is a note to those ever so hateful people who live life as a hypocrite. This topic hit me right at home tonight. I appreciate all you racing people who know me. Who have fun with me at the track, whether announcing or racing, but don't feel like getting caught up in the immature crap that crosses this website. I get that. But again, no one likes being called something they're not, and for you knee jerk haters who will probably yap first, and not consider what others will think of this, read on.

In 2003 when I finally got the Firebird running well enough to hold my head up at Indy, figuring a one under would get me in the show, I needed Grade points. My car was in top condition and I didn't want to wear it out running Divisionals. Two people stood up and and I'd like to thank them again. Scott Case lent me his F/S Camaro. I drove from Riverside to San Diego to Sears Point just to make two passes on Saturday. He said I could race it the whole event, but I thought it'd be better if I didn't stretch my luck. Two passes for me. The second one being a moral booster cause I knew I could do better than the big bog first pass. Picked up 4 tenths. Packed her up and made the long trek back.

Second was Ron Ortiz. I flew to Florida for the last Divisional in the country, November something, and Ron said I could drive is U/SA wagon. Although the track manager wouldn't let us hatch our plan, cause one car can't have two drivers at the same race, even tho I told I'm I was leaving as soon as I made a pass Friday morning, he said no.

Anyway, we got it done using a real stock car. (Rental) Point is, here were two guys willing to let me borrow their cars.

Now mind you, while this gentle middle finger to all of you childish rumor makers is well intended, I have more.

I wasn't able to repair the wrecked Firebird. So it has sat for 11 years. I've tried to give to people, tried to give it to Biondo, tried to trade it and was SO close to junking it when I had a conversation with Scott Case last week on another matter. I thought," I wonder if he'd like to have it.." Told him he could have it. Just take it cause I was ready to scrap it next week. Been in my way much too long. He was jazzed.

I'm happy to say that the spare '87 Firebird body and the 1996 Super Stock Championship car will not be scrapped.

I sure appreciate good friends. Yes I do. And you doofuss's that have been lying about me need to rethink life.

Ya know? Be a normal friend, hell, you might get a free race car.

Scott picked up both cars Saturday.

Along with the "paid in full" title from Phillip Montieth.

Last edited by Bruce Fulper; 12-09-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Bruce Fulper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #10
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Re: Lending out race car parts.

I will be your friend if you give me a free car
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote