Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #91
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Crank Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
coming from the guy that thinks timing changes with oil viscosity and oil temp who also can't apply the proper torque on a stud or bolt to keep a distributor clamp from loosening up.

There's a statement that shows your complete ignorance. Pushrods flex a helluva lot before they break. I would think that a 7/16" x .120" wall pushrod in your car would pick up some HP and I'm surely not "Grumpy" Jenkins.
and you would be wrong! Grumpy raced Pro Stock a long, long time ago and built high RPM engines for comp and pro stock which neither you are I are doing!

Further, these same pushrods are in 1000s of engines built by the biggest names in sportsman engine builders, run in the super catagories as well brackets.[/QUOTE]

So now you know what pushrods Grumpy used????? You spoke to him on the subject? You stated these are the same pushrods usedin 1000s of engines again how could you possibly know this to be true, did you personally assemvle or witness their installation? For someone that's constantly quoting "truth and facts" you never seem to have any "PROOF" to support your statements. So you're merely Speculating that you are correct. Now I've personally observed maybe close to 100 engines, big and small in the past couple years equipped with 7/16 or 1/2 in. pushrods (bracket, SS top sportsman) if you could explain exactly why these racers and their engine builders are doing it wrong by not merely using the 3/8 stuff we're all ears otherwise keep your speculation to yourself. Yet another subject you've commented on with no knowledge of the forces at work. Kinda lame for a guy who's supposedly an engineer. Believe I noticed on here someone eluded that sunset does your engines..is this correct?

Last edited by buzzinhalfdozen; 09-06-2013 at 09:04 AM.
buzzinhalfdozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #92
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 412 Times in 199 Posts

the master tech continues to try while failing again, to argue about what he thinks he knows, clearly subjects beyond his experience, over his head and above his pay grade!

My engine builder as well as many other nationally known engine builders install 3/8" 1 piece pushrods in the conventional headed BBC super class and bracket engines making upwards of 1100HP!

NO head rubbing, NO witness marks, NO broken pushrods on my current engine seeing 8000 in the lights every weekend, 36 weekends a season for the past 5 seasons, or my previous engine for 17 seasons! Not 1 broken pushrod in 22 years and over 5000 passes racing conventional headed BBCs with 3/8" pushrods!!!

Last edited by 1320racer; 09-06-2013 at 09:36 AM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #93
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
the master tech continues to try while failing again, to argue about what he thinks he knows, clearly subjects beyond his experience, over his head and above his pay grade!

My engine builder as well as many other nationally known engine builders install 3/8" 1 piece pushrods in the conventional headed BBC super class and bracket engines making upwards of 1100HP!

NO head rubbing, NO witness marks, NO broken pushrods on my current engine seeing 8000 in the lights every weekend, 36 weekends a season for the past 5 seasons, or my previous engine for 17 seasons! Not 1 broken pushrod in 22 years and over 5000 passes racing conventional headed BBCs with 3/8" pushrods!!!
First, you have no idea how much money I make but from your post it looks like YOU make around 380,000 (your figure ,four times what I make) second IF you actually held an engineering degree simple math and an understanding of the materials involved would be used to find the answer which would indicate you posess no such degree unless it's in the waste managment field. Lastly again you refuse to answer direct questions or provide direct proof of your claims unless you've spoken to every engine builder and asked them specifically what pushrod (and most importantly WHY) you're simply as I've many times stated talking SH!T. BTW point out on a post where I stated 3/8 pushrods break....go ahead find it.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #94
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 412 Times in 199 Posts

I admittingly was foolish to assume a "master tech" with many certificates he earned from general motors technical college and who's skill set allows him to diagnose and repair a "modern vehicle" made at least $100,000 in the year 2013 when I stated I make at least 4 times your salary.

Shame on me.

The op has read our replies to his question and made his decision. I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by 1320racer; 09-06-2013 at 10:00 AM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #95
Jim Kaekel
VIP Member

Liked 498 Times in 104 Posts

I'm done with this thread.[/QUOTE]

Thank God.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #96
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

For an "engineer", 1320 can't even find a calculator (if he can't even do it in his head).
$380,000 / 4 = $95,000 per year. That's $5,000 less per year than 1320's math.

Flippant comments, flippant math, I detect a pattern....
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #97
Reed Granrt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lee View Post
For an "engineer", 1320 can't even find a calculator (if he can't even do it in his head).
$380,000 / 4 = $95,000 per year. That's $5,000 less per year than 1320's math.

Flippant comments, flippant math, I detect a pattern....

$380,000 or $95,000 or $100,000 is not a good representation of knowlege that we get paid for, cause look at our Congress people. They all make more than that and look at what they knooooow..
reed
Reed Granrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #98
Ken Haase

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink Re: Crank Trigger

Perhaps I can help js72mav feel better about going with a crank trigger and put this thread to rest at the same time.

My all steel(except hood) 377" SBC Malibu ran a best of 10.22/131(6.51 1/8th) without the benefit of a crank trigger.

So I purchased an MSD crank trigger and now my car is capable of violating it's 8.50 cert and topping 160 MPH. And I'm amazed at the stability of the timing and the ease of adjustment. Now, some of my racing bud's argue vehemently with me that the dramatic increase in my car's performance can be traced to the fact that my crank trigger is bolted to a 555" BBC that is planted in a 2500 lb. tube chassis Firebird, but I steadfastly disagree. I think it's the crank trigger, and I would never go back.

'course at almost 20 g's, it was a little pricey for a crank trigger!

P.S. What on earth could Kyle have done to get sentenced to the gulag? He's one funny dude.
Ken Haase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #99
Pedigo Perf

Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Haase View Post
P.S. What on earth could Kyle have done to get sentenced to the gulag? He's one funny dude.
I have no idea how this has happened, but apparently Kyle has been perceived as a sexual deviant. Perhaps admin has a keen eye for the obvious.

Why this site tends to prefer the edgy and enlightening comments of 1320racer instead of Kyle's colorful humor remains a mystery.

TP
Pedigo Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #100
MidwestStocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

Every weekend???? Really???? Oh you are good???? You can post and race all at the same time???? Maybe you should focus more on racing............

Let's see... 5000 passes / 22 years = 227 passes a year
Let's see... 227 passes a year / 36 weekends a year = 6.3 runs a weekend

THATS REALLY IMPRESSIVE!!!!
MidwestStocker is offline   Reply With Quote