HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #11
jmantle

Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default Re: New Slicks what do you guys like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfordamx View Post
ok not trying to start a brand war here, and this isn't a stock/superstock car. But i feel like you guys well no more whats best for a NA car than some of the other forms. anyway here's what i have a 650hp 427inch amc in a 69 amx that weighs 3180 on leaf springs with calvert springs, bars, and shocks 6000 stall transbreak 4.30 gear and 28x10.5 class limited. we have always just ran mt bias ply slicks before but its time for tires and we plan on running a heads up stock block NA series this year and i wonder if there isn't a quicker/better tire out there i've considered Hoosiers stiff wall slicks and mt pro radials and mt bracket radials and just going back to the same old mt slicks. whats your suggestions?
When I ran my AMX S/P car, I tried just about everything but what I really liked about the bias MT's was I could run them until the holes disappeared before the car slowed down, 200 plus runs. Never tried radials, ran 14 x32's as we didn't have any size restrictions. Stiff sidewalls would not work on my car, the car was too light.

Jim Mantle V/SA 6632
jmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:53 PM   #12
pfordamx

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: New Slicks what do you guys like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
What brand of tire and why. Curious.
Mickey Thompson, and because of numerous good reviews and they seem like a good balance of fast, forgiving and last longer than a normal radial. i know there probably not as fast as a regular radial and not as forgiving as a bias ply but i'll take a little more forgiving than a normal radial and a little faster than bias ply.
pfordamx is offline   Reply With Quote