HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts
Default No more crying over stolen race car or trailers!

If I ever hear of a race car or trailer stolen I will say it's your fault and nobody else. I've written about GPS trackers before and now there is no reason not to own one, the best and cheapest is call TrackR. This the cheapest $19 to $25 no fees from your cell phone. Company just an app on your cell. This device can be hidden anywhere in your race car and best of all it can't found with a cell tracker that most thieves are using. I've bought one for all my equipment and I've tested and it works.CR
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:44 PM   #2
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 653 Times in 253 Posts
Default Re: No more crying over stolen race car or trailers!

I thought these worked off of bluetooth on your phone. When Trackr is far enough away from phone its disconnected. If the Trackr is near someone elses phone and and they have the app downloaded then they can track your Trackr until its out of their bluetooth distance. Am i wrong?
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
cicero819
VIP Member

Liked 67 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
I thought these worked off of bluetooth on your phone. When Trackr is far enough away from phone its disconnected. If the Trackr is near someone elses phone and and they have the app downloaded then they can track your Trackr until its out of their bluetooth distance. Am i wrong?
Jeff they can't be tracked by anyone else, they need your code.
cicero819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
Terry Knott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
If I ever hear of a race car or trailer stolen I will say it's your fault and nobody else. I've written about GPS trackers before and now there is no reason not to own one, the best and cheapest is call TrackR. This the cheapest $19 to $25 no fees from your cell phone. Company just an app on your cell. This device can be hidden anywhere in your race car and best of all it can't found with a cell tracker that most thieves are using. I've bought one for all my equipment and I've tested and it works.CR
Yup!! I have had one for years. One would have to disassemble my trailer to find it. I DARE ANYONE to try to steal my junk!! Of course it is a Mopar so no one would be interested anyway.

Last edited by Terry Knott; 02-23-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Terry Knott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:46 PM   #5
STK7857

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SO do you need to be within Bluetooth range for the app to locate the receiver?
STK7857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:55 PM   #6
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 289 Posts

From live chat on TrackR website:

The maximum bluetooth range for our TrackR devices is up to 100 ft. or 30 meters (clear sight). Within this 100 ft. range, the item is located on a map using Google Maps or iMaps data from your phone. Range will vary depending on line of sight. Indoors the range is 30-50+ feet.

****PLEASE NOTE: TrackR is NOT a live GPS tracking device.****You will not see live or real time movement****

If your device is lost or is outside of this bluetooth range (up to 100 ft.), you will need to rely on our Crowd Locate network to locate your items. When an item goes missing with a TrackR device attached, anyone with the TrackR app installed on their phone will begin to search for that item. When another TrackR app user passes within 100 ft. of the lost item, that user's phone will anonymously ping our server and then you will receive an update with the new time, date and location.

You can see a map of Crowd Locate coverage at http://www.thetrackr.com Just scroll down to the middle of the page and type in your address in the address field above the map to see your coverage.
Important note: Because Crowd Locate does depend on another TrackR app user coming within bluetooth range of your TrackR device, we have no control over when that may happen. So, please make sure you do check your Crowd Locate coverage if you want to use TrackR on a pet or a valuable item like a bike or car, etc.
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:13 PM   #7
Darrel Goheen

Liked 70 Times in 31 Posts

The TrackR has no GPS.
Darrel Goheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:13 PM   #8
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 653 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
From live chat on TrackR website:

The maximum bluetooth range for our TrackR devices is up to 100 ft. or 30 meters (clear sight). Within this 100 ft. range, the item is located on a map using Google Maps or iMaps data from your phone. Range will vary depending on line of sight. Indoors the range is 30-50+ feet.

****PLEASE NOTE: TrackR is NOT a live GPS tracking device.****You will not see live or real time movement****

If your device is lost or is outside of this bluetooth range (up to 100 ft.), you will need to rely on our Crowd Locate network to locate your items. When an item goes missing with a TrackR device attached, anyone with the TrackR app installed on their phone will begin to search for that item. When another TrackR app user passes within 100 ft. of the lost item, that user's phone will anonymously ping our server and then you will receive an update with the new time, date and location.

You can see a map of Crowd Locate coverage at http://www.thetrackr.com Just scroll down to the middle of the page and type in your address in the address field above the map to see your coverage.
Important note: Because Crowd Locate does depend on another TrackR app user coming within bluetooth range of your TrackR device, we have no control over when that may happen. So, please make sure you do check your Crowd Locate coverage if you want to use TrackR on a pet or a valuable item like a bike or car, etc.
Thank You. I thought this was the way it worked but couldn't find info on google to support it.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:20 PM   #9
Jason Fuller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any good thief has a good cell phone signal jammer.
Jason Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:53 AM   #10
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 82 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Fuller View Post
Any good thief has a good cell phone signal jammer.
Aren't those illegal?;-)
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote