HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Competition

Old 07-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
brutuswedge

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Looking for old Modified Production car

Looking for another race car & I REALLY don't want to bracket race anymore., it's not drag racing at all. Does anyone know where there may be an old Modified Production Camaro or Stock or Super Stock stick car? Doesn't matter if it's rolling, or not, it probably would be; as long as it was a 4-speed car. I know dozens of those old Modified cars were parked in garages & barns in 1981 after NHRA disbanded the class. That, to me was the end of the real racer, racing. Anyway, we have a manual transmission racers group up here in Ohio that goes to several different tracks, several times a year with their 4-speed cars and just race among themselves. Nice group of guys, you're not racing every week, you're going to different tracks & you're not beating your car to death every week. Thanks for any feed back. GREAT site here, guys!!
brutuswedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
randy wilson

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default Re: Looking for old Modified Production car

Don't give up. Plenty of them out there. Lots of people feel just like you.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
Jim Hawkins

Liked 109 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Looking for old Modified Production car

If your talking about the UMTR the guy who runs that, Mike Laboda is really into modified and early pro stock. One of the members who helps him run that has a original 68 camaro pro stock car that was run by Ron Hutter called Canned Heat. He was the man in northeast Ohio back in the 70's, I grew up there and use to watch them run as a kid.
I bought my 67 camaro years ago back there and it was a modified production car. There may still be some left out there.
Jim Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote