Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts
Default stacker trailer notes

Racers,

We are fact finding about a stacker trailer. Our goal, safely hauling three race cars.

*An advanced ET altered that will weight about 1500 pounds, 125" wheel base. Overall length about 14.5 feet

*A tube chassis Sunbird with SBC that will weigh about 2100 - 2200 pound range, Overall length about 15 feet

*My Super Stocker S-10 that will weigh about 2950 pounds. Overall length 15.5 feet.

Let us hear for those of you hauling such a load. What is the handling like? What size trailer does it take to accommodate our need?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #2
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts
Default Re: stacker trailer notes

We have a 3 car for Drag Paks. It is 37', 36 is kind of a standard version for 3. Two up and one down. We have 10K axles, air ride, electric over hydraulic disc brakes. We have the generator in the front, 16K, and a/c in the front. Cabinets etc in front. If I was doing it again, I would mount the generator in the rear above the door. Just lightens the load on the front. It is a Performax. Very satisfied. Be sure you use the 17.5 wheels and tires. Not sure exactly what you are looking for. email me if I can offer anything else. jefft@southlanddodge.com
Old 07-06-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts

Thanks Jeff
Old 07-08-2015, 11:12 PM   #4
ATI Performance Products
Sponsor

Liked 9 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragsinger View Post
Racers,

We are fact finding about a stacker trailer. Our goal, safely hauling three race cars.

*An advanced ET altered that will weight about 1500 pounds, 125" wheel base. Overall length about 14.5 feet

*A tube chassis Sunbird with SBC that will weigh about 2100 - 2200 pound range, Overall length about 15 feet

*My Super Stocker S-10 that will weigh about 2950 pounds. Overall length 15.5 feet.

Let us hear for those of you hauling such a load. What is the handling like? What size trailer does it take to accommodate our need?

We have had two InTech trailres from RPM. One regular single car and now a custom build 26 foot stacker. Its not big enough but our motorhome is long so I didn't want to get to far over length Your three cars are the weight of our two cars. We are 7K axles, and 13'6 when un loaded. Alum lift and I think this thing weighs 7300 lbs empty. I am going to be getting a 30 foot trailer sooner than later and will get another Intech. Make sure you check them out. Its not a Gold rush and it doesn't carry a Gold rush price but it is a nice trailer. I made 6 revisions to the drawings and still got it wrong for a lot of stuff. So spend some time making notes now before you get something on paper. Good luck.