HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2021, 09:39 PM   #11
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: Are We All Hackers?

"Jack of all trades, Master of Many".. Had to change to this when I was in business was pitching a project to a customer, used the original and they said they do not want go with our company because we were not master mechanics.

I have learned not to destroy something I might not know how to fix until I am sure I can get a replacement. Some stuff gets put together nowadays that looks repairable but companies make it really hard to get apart, especially with some of the glues and epoxies
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:23 AM   #12
4speedracer

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

I think the world is in trouble as us old hacker's age out! Not much skill level in the world today.
4speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:44 AM   #13
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,772 Times in 1,519 Posts

I've been a hacker, a scrounge and a junk man for my entire life (John will vouch for that). In reality, I'm probably just a hack. BUT, I do manage to build things and get things done.
Does it bother anybody else on this forum that generally when someone asks the question "build-or-buy" they are usually told to buy a car instead of building because it will be quicker and cheaper?
I guess that I've just always had this "personal satisfaction" thing going on.

My name is Billy and I'm a hack.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:43 PM   #14
Rick Schilling

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Hello Billy
Rick Schilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-15-2021, 01:25 AM   #15
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I've been a hacker, a scrounge and a junk man for my entire life (John will vouch for that). In reality, I'm probably just a hack. BUT, I do manage to build things and get things done.
Does it bother anybody else on this forum that generally when someone asks the question "build-or-buy" they are usually told to buy a car instead of building because it will be quicker and cheaper?
I guess that I've just always had this "personal satisfaction" thing going on.

My name is Billy and I'm a hack.
so i was always a do it myself guy from a family of do it ourselves racers. our family went from a bare rolling chassis to No 1 qualifier in comp at maple grove nationals. after racing and playing with my own car for 40 years off and on found a turnkey with everything already in it that i wanted to put into my car for about $10k less and able to race this year, the old car is back on the street and the new car races twice a month, now time to pull apart, go thru everything and reassemble and have fun. oh yeah $10 k in upgrades hopefully. kind of DIY but with a little help
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote