CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Wake up time for some here... (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=80687)

Mark Yacavone 10-23-2021 11:46 AM

Wake up time for some here...

Actually there's probably a few here who wouldn't wake up if you started a 427 High Riser next to their head. ;-)

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/bid...r=0101022wyjz1

MR DERBY CITY 10-23-2021 03:23 PM

Re: Wake up time for some here...

Wake Up call #2 ……Since Joe and the HOE took over, …the Taliban has their own country…..Russia has their Pipeline….and we have $8, YES 8 dollar gasoline in California….As Larry Morgan said so eloquently years ago….You can’t fix STUPID ….

Congrats to everyone who voted DEM …..WELL DONE ……

Eddies66 10-23-2021 08:20 PM

https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

When did any President have control over gas prices?

MR DERBY CITY 10-23-2021 09:07 PM

Gorda,Ca. One station is charging $7.59 a gallon for regular and $8.50 a gallon for premium……

Grey Ghost 10-24-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650595)

Are you really this ignorant Eddie?

Are you familiar with supply and demand? Do you have any idea how the commodity markets work?Does out to lunch box joe shutting down oil production/ pipelines have any thing to do with it?

The fjb administration said inflation is a good thing...producers are getting more money for there goods. Does big oil getting more money help the consumer out? Do manufacture/processers have to pass there input expenses on to the consumer to stay in business?

You've recieved a government check your entire life. The government does not produce/ manufacture anything so where do you think your money came from?

A vote for a democrap is a vote for poverty.

Eddies66 10-24-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 650609)
Are you really this ignorant Eddie?

Are you familiar with supply and demand? Do you have any idea how the commodity markets work?Does out to lunch box joe shutting down oil production/ pipelines have any thing to do with it?

The fjb administration said inflation is a good thing...producers are getting more money for there goods. Does big oil getting more money help the consumer out? Do manufacture/processers have to pass there input expenses on to the consumer to stay in business?

You've recieved a government check your entire life. The government does not produce/ manufacture anything so where do you think your money came from?

A vote for a democrap is a vote for poverty.

Supply and demand…Business 101. My pay comes from a grateful nation for my 24 years of service, a service that provided you the very liberties you have today. My 15 years in civil service with the last 8 producing some finest special operators this country has known. When was the last time a Republican didn’t put us in a depression or recession….Hoover? When was the last corporate American paid their taxes or was not subsidized by the federal government and the working men and women of the country? Companies still have plenty of undeveloped leases — almost 14 million acres (6 million hectares) in western states and more than 9 million acres (3.6 million hectares) offshore. Companies also have about 7,700 unused drilling permits, enough for years!!! Despite the moratorium, the this administration has continued to issue new permits for existing leases, including more than 200 in March, records show. So who is the bad guy? Who is intentionally driving prices up?

Jim Lodi jr 10-24-2021 10:23 AM

Lets go Brandon!

Grey Ghost 10-24-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650614)
Supply and demand…Business 101. My pay comes from a grateful nation for my 24 years of service, a service that provided you the very liberties you have today. My 15 years in civil service with the last 8 producing some finest special operators this country has known. When was the last time a Republican didn’t put us in a depression or recession….Hoover? When was the last corporate American paid their taxes or was not subsidized by the federal government and the working men and women of the country? Companies still have plenty of undeveloped leases — almost 14 million acres (6 million hectares) in western states and more than 9 million acres (3.6 million hectares) offshore. Companies also have about 7,700 unused drilling permits, enough for years!!! Despite the moratorium, the this administration has continued to issue new permits for existing leases, including more than 200 in March, records show. So who is the bad guy? Who is intentionally driving prices up?

You can add obummer and carter to the list with Hoover.

You didn't understand or reply to anything I wrote. You did not produce a dime of wealth for this country all your years working for the government. It's idiots like you who are running this ***** show now. You and your kind OWN it.

I don't need your dumb a** down talking to me about military service. I've got an uncle buried in France who we visited several years ago. My father in-law liberated several death camps in WW2. My dad and his brother served in Korea. Another uncle liberated the Philippines. A brother in-law and a son in-law served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Several great uncles WW1.

I just as well go out and stand in the rain talking to a fence post. Take me off your Chritmas card list.

Eddies66 10-24-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 650624)
You can add obummer and carter to the list with Hoover.

You didn't understand or reply to anything I wrote. You did not produce a dime of wealth for this country all your years working for the government. It's idiots like you who are running this ***** show now. You and your kind OWN it.

I don't need your dumb a** down talking to me about military service. I've got an uncle buried in France who we visited several years ago. My father in-law liberated several death camps in WW2. My dad and his brother served in Korea. Another uncle liberated the Philippines. A brother in-law and a son in-law served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Several great uncles WW1.

I just as well go out and stand in the rain talking to a fence post. Take me off your Chritmas card list.

I will give you Carter, but Obama inherited Bush’s mess…FACT. Thank your family for their service, what was your excuse…bone spurs! Who benefits from higher oil prices, the shareholders and they are they are talking $200 a barrel.

Randy Wells 10-24-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650614)

Eddie,

Its good to see you back from your hiatus, I rally missed the stupid S*** you post on here.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628

Grey Ghost 10-24-2021 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=Eddies66;650625]I will give you Carter, but Obama inherited Bush’s mess…FACT. Thank your family for their service, what was your excuse…bone spurs! Who benefits from higher oil prices, the shareholders and they are they are talking $200 a

Share holders have nothing to do with it. Number of leases have nothing to do with it. If the government won't let you build pipelines to and from refineries it is not economical to drill or produce. The shear volume of product able to move through a pipeline is beyond your comprehension. It's not feasible or cost effective to truck it.

I graduated during the Carter years....fjb would be proud of what inflation did to the country then if he could remember back that far. I talked with an Air Force recruiter. Told my folks what I was thinking about doing. Dad said not to do it he had been there and done that. He said there were to many incompetent "not what you know but who you bl*w" idiots running things. I took his advice. 70yrs after his service ended it still holds true. We all got to watch it with Afghanistan.

I have to add. Only 1 of my afore mentioned veteran relatives is still with us, my son in-law. Him and his fellow Marine veterans are not the least bit impressed with what is going on with this country. Their friends lives were taken for this fjb s*it show?

Eddies66 10-24-2021 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=Grey Ghost;650632]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650625)
I will give you Carter, but Obama inherited Bush’s mess…FACT. Thank your family for their service, what was your excuse…bone spurs! Who benefits from higher oil prices, the shareholders and they are they are talking $200 a

Share holders have nothing to do with it. Number of leases have nothing to do with it. If the government won't let you build pipelines to and from refineries it is not economical to drill or produce. The shear volume of product able to move through a pipeline is beyond your comprehension. It's not feasible or cost effective to truck it.

I graduated during the Carter years....fjb would be proud of what inflation did to the country then if he could remember back that far. I talked with an Air Force recruiter. Told my folks what I was thinking about doing. Dad said not to do it he had been there and done that. He said there were to many incompetent "not what you know but who you bl*w" idiots running things. I took his advice. 70yrs after his service ended it still holds true. We all got to watch it with Afghanistan.

I have to add. Only 1 of my afore mentioned veteran relatives is still with us, my son in-law. Him and his fellow Marine veterans are not the least bit impressed with what is going on with this country. Their friends lives were taken for this fjb s*it show?

You missed the mark on “shareholders” and companies responsibility to them….Capitolism 101. Canadian pipelines? Really, who profits from that? Ask your son in law about the writings of Smedley Butler and his thoughts on the industrial-military complex. Ever wonder who benefits from war, it ain’t the poor bastards down in the trenches.

Grey Ghost 10-24-2021 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=Eddies66;650636]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 650632)

You missed the mark on “shareholders” and companies responsibility to them….Capitolism 101. Canadian pipelines? Really, who profits from that? Ask your son in law about the writings of Smedley Butler and his thoughts on the industrial-military complex. Ever wonder who benefits from war, it ain’t the poor bastards down in the trenches.

When you get your head out of your a** don't forget to put your mask on.

SStockDart 10-24-2021 03:16 PM

This thread has the makings of "whose dick is bigger". Don't forget Big Mike and Rachel Levine.

Eddies66 10-24-2021 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=Grey Ghost;650639]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650636)

When you get your head out of your a** don't forget to put your mask on.

Is that the very best you can do? Semper fi

Mark Yacavone 10-24-2021 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650595)

Eddie, Nobody there thinks FJB called up the oil companies and said my far left kook base wants me to raise gas prices, so do it..now.
Fact is presidential policies do cause inflation and deflation..Remove that worthless turd Carter? Or is oil /gas immune? Just lumber, groceries?
Besides, in politics, perception is reality...Hold onto your socks a year from now!!

Eddies66 10-25-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 650671)
Eddie, Nobody there thinks FJB called up the oil companies and said my far left kook base wants me to raise gas prices, so do it..now.
Fact is presidential policies do cause inflation and deflation..Remove that worthless turd Carter? Or is oil /gas immune? Just lumber, groceries?
Besides, in politics, perception is reality...Hold onto your socks a year from now!!

Mark, I agree and disagree. These are simple supply and demand issues. Examples are cars, you can’t find what you want because of shortage in material and computer chips. Prices are high about $5k from last year. Independent truckers went out of business because the slow down. During the hacking of the oil system in New Jersey, we had oil, just no way of getting it to the customer, no trucks. Lumber, no trucks, food, no trucks and no water. Crap coming in from China, again no trucks. The up side is interest rates are low, when that starts going north than we have a problem. Oil on the other hand far outpaced the 5% inflation rate, why is that?

Mark Yacavone 10-25-2021 12:56 PM

Yes, I agree. There are many mysterious factors that affect the price of a barrel of oil .
It doesn't matter though . People see Biteme shutting down the Keystone in one of his first acts..Gas all gets lumped in with other commodities in the public's view.
One out of 5 independents that voted FJB ,wouldn't right now.
Trump would win in a landslide today...in a fair and clean election.

Grey Ghost 10-25-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650679)
Mark, I agree and disagree. These are simple supply and demand issues. Examples are cars, you can’t find what you want because of shortage in material and computer chips. Prices are high about $5k from last year. Independent truckers went out of business because the slow down. During the hacking of the oil system in New Jersey, we had oil, just no way of getting it to the customer, no trucks. Lumber, no trucks, food, no trucks and no water. Crap coming in from China, again no trucks. The up side is interest rates are low, when that starts going north than we have a problem. Oil on the other hand far outpaced the 5% inflation rate, why is that?

Why are there no trucks?

Tim H 10-25-2021 04:06 PM

Eddies66 10-25-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 650726)
Why are there no trucks?

No drivers.

Jeff Niceswanger 10-25-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650729)
No drivers.

I don't know crap, but I'll relay what the two truckers I was talking to at Rockingham told me yesterday. I specifically asked both of them what's with all the shortageages.One was a trucking company owner, the other a lifetime trucker.
Their answers were very similar. They told me the trucking industry was running thin before the Covid crisis. During the crisis, most of the ones that could retire,did so. Others moved on and found themselves less stressful jobs. That prompted me to ask "What's so stressful about driving a truck" ...They both spoke up and said "you have no idea". One of them say's, "you seen the traffic lately? Being bumper to bumper with everybody in a mad dash (to go nowhere) gets old...real fast".Trying to get to where your going (on time) and PARKED...is just crazy. Most of the new hires take it for about 2 months and then quit. There are too many other jobs to take this crap day after day. And the pay aint worth the hassle. Starting bonuses only last a sort period, and the hours suck. I didn't argue with them, and I won't here, just communicating their experiences ..

MR DERBY CITY 10-25-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650729)
No drivers.

No Eddie, that answer doesn’t cut it. No TRUCKS because the Jack azzes in Communist California LEGISLATED older trucks out of business. GD IDIOTS …..

Eddies66 10-25-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 650738)
No Eddie, that answer doesn’t cut it. No TRUCKS because the Jack azzes in Communist California LEGISLATED older trucks out of business. GD IDIOTS …..

Trucks over 10 years old registered in California. California is the only state that has trucks and drivers? Do a little research, please, you make yourself sound ignorant.

Jim Lodi jr 10-25-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Cost of the truck, insurance , fuel, tolls, work mans comp, payroll ,health care, maintance, dot nightmare, can only run for 8 hours, all these things are extremely expensive, or sit home and collect the government check hmmmm

Jim Lodi jr 10-25-2021 08:22 PM

Oh yeah and you can't find employees everybody that comes in my office asks can you pay me cash , don't want to lose my unemployment

Grey Ghost 10-25-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lodi jr (Post 650748)
Cost of the truck, insurance , fuel, tolls, work mans comp, payroll ,health care, maintance, dot nightmare, can only run for 8 hours, all these things are extremely expensive, or sit home and collect the government check hmmmm

You nailed it. I'm an owner/operator. I no longer do any OTR (over the road) work, local only. The 8 hour on duty limit is the big a** kicker. If the truck isn't rolling you aren't making any money. That is not only true for an owner/operator but also hired drivers getting paid by the mile.

Insurance costs and permits on the rise. Parts/tires/maintenance cost through the roof if you can get the parts/tires. Fuel is now 2X more than it was last year (mine gets 5.5-6 mpg). Newer emission equipped trucks are extremely problematic. And than there is the price of a new truck. The new version of my old truck is $165k. Try and pay that off sitting at a truck stop or rest area after your 8hrs are up.

Jim Lodi jr 10-25-2021 09:43 PM

Please watch the undercover video about the Murphy campaign everybody in New jersey needs to see it, just released tonight

MR DERBY CITY 10-25-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650744)
Trucks over 10 years old registered in California. California is the only state that has trucks and drivers? Do a little research, please, you make yourself sound ignorant.

Eddie, talking about the port outside of California,..

Me ignorant ???? ….you are the one that voted BIDEN in ..

Grey Ghost 10-25-2021 10:18 PM

What do you suppose will happen to drag racing if/when diesel fuel hits $6-$8? You going to load up and head to a race 300-1000 miles away?

fjb was rambling on the other day about high speed rail. Maybe they will allocate some of the $3 trillion so called infrastructure stimulus to reclaim the old railroad beds that are now bike pathes. I'm sure the chinese will "sell" their technology. May even be able to come up with a solar powered unit so as not to further global warming emissions from coal plants.

Btw: How is that high-speed rail project coming in California? I believe it was running from No Where to L.A.

John Kissel 10-26-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lodi jr (Post 650758)
Please watch the undercover video about the Murphy campaign everybody in New jersey needs to see it, just released tonight

If komrade murphy gets re-elected look out, his vengence will be interesting. John Kissel

Grey Ghost 10-26-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lodi jr (Post 650758)

All too typical politician. Lie during the campaign and bend you over if elected...johnny mccain, fjb, the list is endless. Term limits and and a truly independent justice system are required to have any hope of ending this unbelievable mess.

Jeff Niceswanger 10-26-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 650763)
What do you suppose will happen to drag racing if/when diesel fuel hits $6-$8? You going to load up and head to a race 300-1000 miles away?

fjb was rambling on the other day about high speed rail. Maybe they will allocate some of the $3 trillion so called infrastructure stimulus to reclaim the old railroad beds that are now bike pathes. I'm sure the chinese will "sell" their technology. May even be able to come up with a solar powered unit so as not to further global warming emissions from coal plants.

Btw: How is that high-speed rail project coming in California? I believe it was running from No Where to L.A.

https://youtu.be/irFycAmmVAM
And the entire WORLD is going after this stuff. Cars, trucks, buses, taxi cabs, delivery services... Millions upon million of jobs ...In a few years, we will be having a different conversation .. If we are all still alive..

Fireofficer74 10-26-2021 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 650781)
All too typical politician. Lie during the campaign and bend you over if elected...johnny mccain, fjb, the list is endless. Term limits and and a truly independent justice system are required to have any hope of ending this unbelievable mess.

You forgot trump, pence, mc arthy, iowa king,
etc.....

Eddies66 10-26-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Law passed in 2020 doesn’t go into effect 2023. At that time it will effect trucks built prior to 2004. If a trucker averages 120k miles per year this would put the total miles at 2.4 million miles. Until Iowa becomes the 5th largest economy in the world and you start paying taxes here and own property you don’t have a say on what we do here.

Jeff Niceswanger 10-26-2021 10:17 AM

My son has a Tesla. I've spoke of it before on here. He keeps me in the loop, as I have no interest in a electric vehicle and I certainly am not doing any research myself.. But I don't stick my head in the sand or cover my ears.. Yesterday he shared this. It's coming... We can't stop it. He says the day will come when they can drive almost the entire way across america on a single charge ... I find that wishful thinking, but when I hear of stories like this one... makes me wonder ..

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...age-panasonic/

Randy Wells 10-26-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650785)
Law passed in 2020 doesn’t go into effect 2023. At that time it will effect trucks built prior to 2004. If a trucker averages 120k miles per year this would put the total miles at 2.4 million miles. Until Iowa becomes the 5th largest economy in the world and you start paying taxes here and own property you don’t have a say on what we do here.

I can see why California is the 5th largest economy in the world, with all that slave labor you have there. I am not talking about illegals, I am talking about all the green card holders, Engineers from Pakistan. India, China. These people are worked like slaves for substandard wages. I have seen it first hand at the Worley/Parsons office in Arcadia.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628

Eddies66 10-26-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger (Post 650788)
My son has a Tesla. I've spoke of it before on here. He keeps me in the loop, as I have no interest in a electric vehicle and I certainly am not doing any research myself.. But I don't stick my head in the sand or cover my ears.. Yesterday he shared this. It's coming... We can't stop it. He says the day will come when they can drive almost the entire way across america on a single charge ... I find that wishful thinking, but when I hear of stories like this one... makes me wonder ..

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...age-panasonic/

Daughter got her Tesla last year, extremely happy with her $20 a month increase in electric bill by charging at home via her 220v dryer outlet. GM just bought the mineral rights to the Salton Sea and the lithium it contains.

Eddies66 10-26-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Wells (Post 650794)
I can see why California is the 5th largest economy in the world, with all that slave labor you have there. I am not talking about illegals, I am talking about all the green card holders, Engineers from Pakistan. India, China. These people are worked like slaves for substandard wages. I have seen it first hand at the Worley/Parsons office in Arcadia.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628

You are out of your swim lane, your knowledge of labor law compliance is seriously lacking. My wife is a retired Deputy Labor Commissioner and our company enforces CA labor law regulations via DLSE. So far this year we have recovered over a million dollars wages owed to workers in this state. So go peddle BS somewhere else. CA has some of the toughest labor laws in the country, And with regards to foreign education, especially in engineering, if they are not ABET certified they are not going to be negotiating top dollar.

Grey Ghost 10-26-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddies66 (Post 650785)

Iowa feeds your dumb a**. California at one time was a very productive agriculture state. Water was taken from farmers to keep your heated swimming pool full. There is probably a boat load or two of chow mien anchored off your coast...enjoy it if you ever get it ashore. Billions of federal $ go to subside California...THAT IS MY MONEY IDIOT!