CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Event Category Schedule (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=83649)

NHRA1926 12-06-2022 05:08 PM

Event Category Schedule

Any idea when they will be releasing the 2023 event category schedule for the sportsman classes at national events?

340Cuda 12-09-2022 12:34 PM

Re: Event Category Schedule

Are you talking about this?

https://www.nhra.com/news/2022/nhra-...ng-series-2023

Or are you looking for what races will have class eliminations?

BKSG1198 12-09-2022 08:44 PM

Also I heard a pretty good rumor and if you look at the category list that if it all lines up, if All-Stars would happen (Not sure what direction Jegs was going to go in for this season) it would possibly be in Dallas? The D1 schedule that came out a few weeks ago had Numidia July 6-9 as our last race to claim for this year and Indy doesn't have Super Street unless they just have the 8 reps attend instead of having a full class.

Keith 944 12-09-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKSG1198 (Post 672096)
Also I heard a pretty good rumor and if you look at the category list that if it all lines up, if All-Stars would happen (Not sure what direction Jegs was going to go in for this season) it would possibly be in Dallas? The D1 schedule that came out a few weeks ago had Numidia July 6-9 as our last race to claim for this year and Indy doesn't have Super Street unless they just have the 8 reps attend instead of having a full class.

I was told it would not be Indy, it would be at the Jegs sports national at Columbus
Same person that told me last year at Indy NHRA headquarters was relocating to Indy, but I guess we will find out soon enough

BKSG1198 12-12-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith 944 (Post 672101)
I was told it would not be Indy, it would be at the Jegs sports national at Columbus
Same person that told me last year at Indy NHRA headquarters was relocating to Indy, but I guess we will find out soon enough

Would be interesting to see if it is Columbus just because per the D1 schedule it says Numidia is our last race to claim which is the week before Columbus, so wondering if it will be moved back to Leb Valley. I know some can just up and go but, others have a FT job that needs notice and I know 2 days' notice would definitely not make my boss very happy...not that I'm in the running anyways...lol.

Lenny5160 12-14-2022 03:55 PM

At Dallas this past season, there was speculation that the All Stars could be held in Dallas. When the category schedule came out, it did seem to align with that rumor since all categories would be contested there.

Columbus does make a lot of sense though.

JHenney 12-14-2022 05:11 PM

Per the Division Schedule Columbus and St.Louis will be a Wednesday & Thursday Race and a Friday & Saturday Race. I could also see the All Stars moving to Columbus for that reason if Class runs long and the All-Stars runs long they’d have that extra day to finish the races.

BKSG1198 12-14-2022 06:03 PM

I mean it would be smart because if Jegs is staying involved with that event to have it in their backyard at a race named after them, the only downfall is that Columbus race is already long enough when you put both races together with 500-600 cars and for the most part the races normally don't get finished till 10-11pm at night, now you're adding another race onto that (still only 8 cars) but, you have the pre-race and 3 rounds of racing. It will be interesting to say the least when its announced.

Keith 944 12-20-2022 04:31 PM

Rob, Looks like you were correct on the Dallas race. That’s a long way to travel anyway, you always have good inside information!

BKSG1198 12-21-2022 11:48 AM

Hahaha because people are always asking my thoughts on where things will be, trust me I don't have any insight or get information any quicker than the rest of us do.