CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I know.. I know.. Im nuts! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=45188)

Dion Hildebrandt 01-07-2013 03:37 PM

I know.. I know.. Im nuts!

6 Attachment(s)
Here we go again...yes I am that crazy to put together a second race car. This was originally going to be the Stock Eliminator car but with all the years of racing and bandaid repairs it was taken out of use and a rotisserie rebuild was started. The chevelle became the money pit only to have this car sit on the back burner for too long. The time has come to finish up the car, it has been a long time bracket car and is a 1965 Acadian Invader 2 door sedan. Before I get crucified....I have all the trim to change it over to a nova/chevy II, and yes eventually this car will be a class car as originally planned. This first post is a bit of history on this car, I was but a mere toddler when my Dad aquired this car back in 1978 and it has been a race car ever since. This car was a basket case when it first came into our hands.....part of why this car needed extensive lovin'. To date I have put in new a floor pan with frame connectors, a right quarter panel and new front fenders , all the body work is complete just needing to be preped and painted (it helps that we own a body shop....labour is cheap :)) I am currently installing the roll bar and doing a whole pile of fabrication to get evreything in and functioning the way a proper race car should. For now the car will get its 350 sbc and turbo 350 trans put back in, but I have been aquiring 283 and 327 parts and have thoughts of a stick:)...maybe..we will see. To this point has been around 6 years so I dont expect to have the car out this year but who knows?

Glenn Hayes 01-07-2013 04:34 PM

Re: I know.. I know.. Im nuts!

Dion,
What class are you aiming for?

Jeff Kempton 01-07-2013 08:04 PM

Dion;

Although I see they're not in the Guide, weren't some Acadians run in Stock or SS in the past? I know some were run locally but I thought I'd seen pictures of other ones in different Divisions. If it can be done legally I think it would be cooler to keep it as an Acadian (For anyone not familiar with them, Acadians ran the Chevy II engine combos). Either way Best of Luck with the project!

Jeff

Ed Carpenter 01-07-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion Hildebrandt (Post 364294)
Here we go again...yes I am that crazy to put together a second race car. This was originally going to be the Stock Eliminator car but with all the years of racing and bandaid repairs it was taken out of use and a rotisserie rebuild was started. The chevelle became the money pit only to have this car sit on the back burner for too long. The time has come to finish up the car, it has been a long time bracket car and is a 1965 Acadian Invader 2 door sedan. Before I get crucified....I have all the trim to change it over to a nova/chevy II, and yes eventually this car will be a class car as originally planned. This first post is a bit of history on this car, I was but a mere toddler when my Dad aquired this car back in 1978 and it has been a race car ever since. This car was a basket case when it first came into our hands.....part of why this car needed extensive lovin'. To date I have put in new a floor pan with frame connectors, a right quarter panel and new front fenders , all the body work is complete just needing to be preped and painted (it helps that we own a body shop....labour is cheap :)) I am currently installing the roll bar and doing a whole pile of fabrication to get evreything in and functioning the way a proper race car should. For now the car will get its 350 sbc and turbo 350 trans put back in, but I have been aquiring 283 and 327 parts and have thoughts of a stick:)...maybe..we will see. To this point has been around 6 years so I dont expect to have the car out this year but who knows?

If you go stick I have a jerico for sale. Good luck with your car.

Dion Hildebrandt 01-07-2013 10:04 PM

Glen - with a 283 depending on the horsies it is a natural I or P car, with the 327 a natural F or H car, the F combo is esentially the same combo( save for the cubes and cam) as my H/SA Chevelle so that would possibly be an option....

Jeff - as far as the Acadian option of course that is the way I would prefer to run the car, it has been awhile but I do recall the Acadians/Beaumonts being singled out as not accepted for Stock

Dueces - I will let you know if I do want to row my own :)

I will snap some shots with the car all dusty and dirty once the litlle girlies go to bed....just watching some old Horsepower Heaven videos with them as we speak....these daughters of mine LOVE big Wheelies! :)

Rory McNeil 01-08-2013 03:33 AM

Dion, Randy Issac from Maple Ridge BC used to run a yellow 68 or 69 Acadian in G or H/SA a number of years ago. He ended up selling to a US racer, I beleive it went to the Gaynor family , and I seem to recall that they left all the Acadian trim on the car, which must have been a bit of a head scratcher to some stateside Chevy guys! Since the Acadians used the same Chevy engines as a US Chevy 11, I imagine running the car as an Acadian wouldn`t be a huge issue. Now, if you tried running something like a 64 Pontiac Strato Chief with a 409,or a 66 Grand Parisianne Sport with a 427, or a 68 Beaumont SD396, THEN you might have some trouble!

Caleb Hansen 01-08-2013 11:49 AM

Most call us nuts for doing this stuff anyway. Keep up the progress and my vote is for the third pedal in the car.. I hope you dont loose focus as your Hockey is back on....Winter greetings from down south..

Dennis P Chapman 01-08-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory McNeil (Post 364368)
Dion, Randy Issac from Maple Ridge BC used to run a yellow 68 or 69 Acadian in G or H/SA a number of years ago. He ended up selling to a US racer, I beleive it went to the Gaynor family , and I seem to recall that they left all the Acadian trim on the car, which must have been a bit of a head scratcher to some stateside Chevy guys! Since the Acadians used the same Chevy engines as a US Chevy 11, I imagine running the car as an Acadian wouldn`t be a huge issue. Now, if you tried running something like a 64 Pontiac Strato Chief with a 409,or a 66 Grand Parisianne Sport with a 427, or a 68 Beaumont SD396, THEN you might have some trouble!

A few years back Norm Hall from Maryland had a yellow one ran G and H/SA he sold it dont know where it went.

Pistol Pete 01-08-2013 04:57 PM

I think it went to someone in Div. 3 or 4.

Ed Wright 01-08-2013 05:22 PM

A toddler in 1978? Dang! Must be nice!