CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Listen to a story 'bout man named Phish (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77996)

Spyphish 12-04-2020 08:08 AM

Listen to a story 'bout man named Phish

6 Attachment(s)
Well I survived the Kung Flu while Lil' Joe was whippin' on the famous. But I think I still have a lost mind. Next years NHRA tow vehicle! Last photo is my pattern.LOL Thanks to Joels on Joy and Painter (Classracer) we have 4 cylinder powerplants. May build 2 if someone else has no brain. 2020 really messed with me. Jethro

Larry Hill 12-05-2020 12:10 PM

Re: Listen to a story 'bout man named Phish

I have four wooden spoke wheels off of a 1925 series 80 Pierce Arrow if you can use them.

1matcoman 12-05-2020 01:19 PM

Hey Phish, I just wanna see a picture of your wife's face when y'all rolled in with that stuff.

Spyphish 12-05-2020 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As Stevie Wonder sings "isn't she lovley/" I married the Penquin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually waited till she was out of town. She stays away from the shop, thank goodness.

Spyphish 12-07-2020 03:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Should there be this much babbit in the pan on this 1928 Chevy? I am a hemi dude but maybe you bowtie guys could give me some guidance. Stephen

vic guilmino 12-07-2020 04:40 PM

new dime rocket

1matcoman 12-07-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyphish (Post 629447)
Should there be this much babbit in the pan on this 1928 Chevy? I am a hemi dude but maybe you bowtie guys could give me some guidance. Stephen

Nah, wash it down real good with that Michelob. That'll do it!

Larry Hill 12-10-2020 08:21 AM

It’s been a long time since I poured any Babbit but a few crawfish should refresh my memory, if you need that sort of thing.

Spyphish 12-12-2020 06:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 629602)
It’s been a long time since I poured any Babbit but a few crawfish should refresh my memory, if you need that sort of thing.

We gonna' need it. That engine in lower right of this debris field is still stuck. You can see the last rod sticking up. But I think we have enough parts to get one running. Thses things are a hoot. Every 50 miles you stop and oil the rockers, no cam bearings and the oil pump fills troughs that the rods with a tang roll thru for splash. One odometer reads 61k miles!!!! Uncle Jed

Larry Hill 12-12-2020 09:30 AM

Did the bearing caps have any sim stock between them?