CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Raising Mineshaft Requirements To .95 Under For Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=80705)

Larry Hill 10-25-2021 07:19 AM

Raising Mineshaft Requirements To .95 Under For Stock

It's just a rumor, but if it's true how will that help the AHFS system?

Frank Castros 10-25-2021 08:59 AM

Re: Raising Mineshaft Requirements To .95 Under For Stock

Larry,

Will this statement also be revised?

"This will only apply to qualified fields of 32 or more cars. Automatic changes due to runs of -1.20 or more under the respective index will still count at these events."

However, I don't understand how this rumored change effects AHFS.

countrypuppy4865 10-25-2021 09:00 AM

Will make zero difference other than it will never be mineshaft except for maybe Indy.

Billy Nees 10-25-2021 10:20 AM

Sorry for the typing but I'm one-handed right now.
The only people that this will affect are the people who don't play the "welfare" game. It won't change anything for those who play the game.

james schaechter 10-25-2021 11:15 AM

NHRA needs to quit dumbing down the performance side of things for stock and super stock. Why not offer points for qualifying and national records? More heads up runs? Instead, they reduce class and heads up opportunities, and offer no incentive or recognition for records. They don’t support the few tech officials they have. If there is no upside to performance almost everyone will hang back instead of showing what the cars can do when AHFS can make an impact . You would like think a bean counter was running the show….

Bill Bogues 10-25-2021 07:44 PM

Race off national records....... that would shake things up a bit.

Frank Castros 10-25-2021 08:17 PM

Or let it fly and suspend AHFS for 2 years and let the chips fall where they may.

GTS340 10-25-2021 09:15 PM

I'm sure the averages will go up on certain combos if they raise the mineshaft number. When you get in great air. Plenty of cars can run one second under. I can't see 40 cars of a 80 car field hanging around .95 under.
Plus there are a lot of .90 under passes that don't count when it does go mineshaft at the .85 under now. It will surely be fun to watch the scrabbling. Some are artist at qualify in the right spots so they line up to mister bye in the later rounds. Probably more heads up races will happen in the fast air I'll bet.

Paul Haszlauer
7019 SS/FA

GTS340 10-25-2021 09:36 PM

I'm not sure what the "welfare" game is. Some know where the best spot is for them on the qualifying sheet and run it to the 1000' mark. Personally I'm not good enough to know the best spot. Guys like Jody Lang do out west here. My car is fast in stock but I like Superstock where it's slow.. I'm not a "stock to the lanes" at 7:30 person I guess.

Paul

Larry Hill 10-26-2021 08:09 AM

Points for qualifying; like maybe 10pts for #1 spot, 9pts for #2, and so forth. Would national qualifying points be more than Divisional? Would it be the top 10% get qualifying points. 100 racers top ten get points, 128 racers top 13 get points, the AHFS always rounds up on any fraction of a whole number.