CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Attorney in Florida Panhandle (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69024)

Jeff Teuton 02-15-2018 11:11 AM

Attorney in Florida Panhandle

I need to engage an attorney in that area as the guy who towed my motor home and trailer a couple of years ago has filed suit against me in Florida. I don't know if that ordeal will ever end. I know this doesn't belong here, but the time to answer is soon and I need to get it done. The area is Crestview and Ft. Walton Florida. Thanks to my friends. 985-804-6161 jefft@southlanddodge.com

HR9121 02-15-2018 11:29 AM

Re: Attorney in Florida Panhandle

Mr Jeff I hate that you're having to deal with this foolishness and wish I could help but don't know anyone down that way. I hope you get a good one from a firm like Shaft, Shaft and Finaigler!

Mike Pearson 02-15-2018 11:34 AM

Jeff,

You might check with the local bar association in your area. There might be some attorneys in your local area that are licensed in Florida. Best of luck in your battle. Sorry to hear that you are being drug through the ringer on this.

MR DERBY CITY 02-15-2018 04:38 PM

Jeff, I would contact Paul Cambria (stock elim. racer) from the Buffalo,NY. area. He would lead you in the right direction....

Kenney Kelley 02-15-2018 10:44 PM

Jeff There's a Law firm in Orlando that might be able to help. It's Morgan & Morgan take a look at there Web Site they handle a lot of different cases they might be able to help you. They're not afraid to go to court. On there website you can ask the questions you need to know about. Kenney Kelley
'

James L Miller 02-16-2018 12:48 AM

A friend in Pensacola recommended these people.

www.burkeblue.com/

timsnively 02-16-2018 10:24 AM

Joe,
You should find an attorney from the town in which the court is located. Local attorneys are more familiar with the judge, Court, and the general local practices. Since you're from out of state bringing a non-local attorney might not be wise. You may get what we call "hometowned ."

I would call two or three attorneys in the local area. You could probably find them through the Internet. Question them about their experience and familiarity with the court. You could also call the judges secretary and ask for the contact information of the president of the local Bar Association. That person would be able to give you a decent referral.
Tim

340Cuda 02-16-2018 10:59 AM

Jeff,

Your attorney in Louisiana may have access to some publications where attorneys are rated by their peers that could be useful.

Never a good thing to be "out lawyered".

Bill

Mack Reeves 02-16-2018 01:11 PM

Mr Jeff, I used to live in that area.. I never had a need for an attorney but let me contact some of my friends out that way.... I will forward news as I get it.. Thanks Mack

Jim Bailey 02-16-2018 01:42 PM

I know a guy in Nashville. Goes by the name Sam or Sonny. Has a huge scar on his face. He'll travel to Florida. One time fee $10k. He'll solve your problem.