CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Factory Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   tasca (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=82830)

garyc 08-22-2022 02:27 PM

tasca

what happened to Carl Tasca? haven't seen his cobra jet in a while?

340Cuda 08-23-2022 11:15 AM

Re: tasca

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyc (Post 665992)
what happened to Carl Tasca? haven't seen his cobra jet in a while?

I don't know what happened to Carl or most all of the other Cobra Jets.

They are certainly completive.

Hasn't Bill Skillman won in both Factory Stock Showdown and Comp Eliminator with his Cobra Jets?

Superfan1 08-27-2022 04:56 PM

Tasca, and most of the Cobra Jets, are tired of the NHRA repeatedly penalizing them by changing the size of the upper pulley on the supercharger. After Skillman beat Barton in the final at Norwalk; the pulley size was changed again. As a diehard Ford fan, I want to see the Cobra Jets compete; only 4 are entered for Indy.

340Cuda 08-28-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan1 (Post 666217)
Tasca, and most of the Cobra Jets, are tired of the NHRA repeatedly penalizing them by changing the size of the upper pulley on the supercharger. After Skillman beat Barton in the final at Norwalk; the pulley size was changed again. As a diehard Ford fan, I want to see the Cobra Jets compete; only 4 are entered for Indy.

I am a Mopar fan and I want to see the Cobra Jets compete.

Ford probably would have been better off if in the beginning they had designed a push rod engine more similar to the Chevys and the Dodges. But that horse is out of the barn (pun intended).

It is a no win situation for NHRA, they either pull the Fords back or they will win everything.

From what I understand every time there are pulley changes cam, converter and gearing changes need to be made to get the last .001 out of the new combination which is a big burden on the racers.

I wish I knew the answer but I do not.

Frank Castros 08-29-2022 08:04 PM

The Class is too important for the fans of modern Detroit muscle and, there are many. The local streets are full of Mustangs Camaros and Challengers.

The N.H.R.A. needs to identify Factory Stock as a marquee show on Sunday. Pro Stock is uninteresting at least to me. If the sanctioning body placed their eggs in the FS basket it's a win for everyone including the racers, who must agree on "spec" components to enhance competition. It will benefit them in a business sense as well.

Oh, by the way Chevrolet, Ford and Chrysler are paying attention and welcome the marketing expertise of the N.H.R.A..

Motorsports is in crisis mode, deal with it.

340Cuda 08-31-2022 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Castros (Post 666331)
The N.H.R.A. needs to identify Factory Stock as a marquee show on Sunday. Pro Stock is uninteresting at least to me. If the sanctioning body placed their eggs in the FS basket it's a win for everyone including the racers, who must agree on "spec" components to enhance competition. It will benefit them in a business sense as well.

I think for Factory Stock to be a marque show they need to run at least as many races as Pro Stock. I am not sure how many of the current competitors can do that.